Spotted Tiger Hawk in a movie

HawkeyeHypnosis

Flipping through channels this morning I stopped at the movie EdTV for a short while. I noticed there was a girl holding a pillow with small tiger hawks all over it. Seen the movie before but never saw that.
Can be seen at 1:34 in the movie trailer.

Back in the 80's and 90's, the Tigerhawk made several appearances. I'm sure someone has a list. Makes sense when you think about all the writers that the school produces.

How many examples can be found of the TigerHawk/Iowa stuff in movies, tv shows, national ads. It would be interesting. I recall an old episode of a tv show with Denzel Washington wearing an Iowa sweatshirt.

I'm pretty sure everyone (in their 30's anyway) remembers the Iowa Hawkeyes beating ESU (without Joe Kane). Probably the most memorable moment was when ESU All America LB Alvin Mack nearly had his leg ripped off.

An who could forget Can't Buy Me Love? Cindy Mancini's boyfriend Bobby went to play for the Hawkeyes and appeared in the movie in what appeared to be a pretty good replica of Iowa's away uniform.

I've noticed a lot Iowa memorabilia in a few movies/shows myself. In the original movie Fright Night, Charlie has a Hawkeyes mug in his room holding his pencils. Can't forget the Program or the Waterboy (I like the Program's outcome much better). In the television show, Coach, outdoor shots of campus and stadium were filmed at Kinnick Stadium and the University of Iowa, where creator Barry Kemp went to college. Iowa also beat Minnesota State in the Patriot bowl in one of the episodes 70-7. AC Slater got a visit from Dan Gable and was given a scholarship opportunity in Saved By The Bell.

I'm pretty sure everyone (in their 30's anyway) remembers the Iowa Hawkeyes beating ESU (without Joe Kane). Probably the most memorable moment was when ESU All America LB Alvin Mack nearly had his leg ripped off.

An who could forget Can't Buy Me Love? Cindy Mancini's boyfriend Bobby went to play for the Hawkeyes and appeared in the movie in what appeared to be a pretty good replica of Iowa's away uniform.

Bobby: "You're not a legend until you nail the captain of the cheerleaders"...Quint, Big John, et. al., avert their gazes away from Bobby...

There is currently a commercial in heavy rotation (for ATT I believe) which shows an Iowa DB getting beat for a touchdown. What makes it worse is that it is to Purdue. Apparently someone from OMHR is in advertising. They say all publicity is good publicity, but in this case, I have to disagree!

The movie about the coach who integrated Texas Western and them winning the NCAA Bball championship in the mid 60s has a fairly long game segment of Texas Western playing and beating a highly ranked Iowa team.

There is currently a commercial in heavy rotation (for ATT I believe) which shows an Iowa DB getting beat for a touchdown. What makes it worse is that it is to Purdue. Apparently someone from OMHR is in advertising. They say all publicity is good publicity, but in this case, I have to disagree!

The footage was probably from the Joe Tiller years.

Let's not forget that Captain Kirk is from Riverside Iowa right outside IC. He has to be a huge Hawkeye fan. He is wearing black and gold.

The advertising industry in this country needs a complete overhaul. All kinds of subliminal and not so subliminal stuff that is pure poison.

I was in Munich in the Marienplatz several years back and a hail storm broke out so we ducked into a shoe store; a few seconds later a random dude in a Hawkeye sweatshirt also ran inside. I LOL'd.

We are everywhere, all the time.

Ended up buying a sweet pair of kicks too.

Latest posts