Sports Illustrated Talking Garza

The NBA can just keep him off their draft boards as far as I'm concerned. They can keep Weiskamp off as well. My mind goes crazy thinking about both of them coming back for next year at the possibilities.

The NBA can just keep him off their draft boards as far as I'm concerned. They can keep Weiskamp off as well. My mind goes crazy thinking about both of them coming back for next year at the possibilities.

He keeps playing close to this...he aint comin back

One never knows

Luka is having the time of his life this year in Iowa City

He might want to enjoy and savor the environment at the University of Iowa

BMOC for certain in every way

If he stays we will be ranked in the Top Ten all season and a serious threat to make the Final Four

And play in the NC game

The mind boggles at the thought of Luka and Nunge inside and out

With deadly snipers on the perimeter, JoeSmooth, Freddy and JJbo

With JoeW and Freddy's abilities to take it inside

We will be a Force to be reckoned with

Fingers crossed with a rosary in my hands

:cool:

Just want what’s best for him. He will always be one of those Hawks I think fondly of over the years. He’s a joy to watch play.

One never knows

Luka is having the time of his life this year in Iowa City

He might want to enjoy and savor the environment at the University of Iowa

BMOC for certain in every way

If he stays we will be ranked in the Top Ten all season and a serious threat to make the Final Four

And play in the NC game

The mind boggles at the thought of Luka and Nunge inside and out

With deadly snipers on the perimeter, JoeSmooth, Freddy and JJbo

With JoeW and Freddy's abilities to take it inside

We will be a Force to be reckoned with

Fingers crossed with a rosary in my hands

:cool:
He is the type of person, it seems, who might "shock the world" (at least Iowa) and stay another year. I think a lot will depend on how the team finishes out the season as well.

If he starts projecting to be a first round pick he pretty much has to go.

But my fingers are crossed

I don't see him going pro early.

He will for sure test the waters and get an evaluation and then come back next year even better which is scary as hell (in a good way)

Also, if he stays another year he'll go into next season as a preseason all American and preseason big ten player of the year. His name is only starting to blow up nationally. A full off-season of hype and it will be impossible to ignore him.

I don't see him going pro early.

He will for sure test the waters and get an evaluation and then come back next year even better which is scary as hell (in a good way)

Also, if he stays another year he'll go into next season as a preseason all American and preseason big ten player of the year. His name is only starting to blow up nationally. A full off-season of hype and it will be impossible to ignore him.
Plus, he will be working all off season to become more muscular, flexible, quicker, more post moves. Yes, he needs to play as a senior at Iowa. We all deserve this.

Plus, he will be working all off season to become more muscular, flexible, quicker, more post moves. Yes, he needs to play as a senior at Iowa. We all deserve this.

I agree with this. This isn't football where a player needs to worry about injuries and how long the body will hold up. There is a very slim chance he will last in the NBA until his body gives out, so coming back almost certainly won't cost him money. Or at least very much money. And the small chance of it actually costing him money is balanced out by the chance of improving his stock by coming back and it making him even more money. He needs to weigh what he thinks the chances are of improving his stock, how important it is to make money now as opposed to a year from now, and how much he wants to play another year at Iowa (maybe that's a plus for staying and maybe it's a negative for staying). "Striking while the iron is hot" isn't really a factor here. Unless he thinks he's having a lucky year and will somehow regress.

With the season we are having and the potential of what next season will bring, I think some of these high-level recruits that the Hawks are just missing out on are going to start looking harder at the Hawks. Their uptempo style of play and their success will definitely catch some recruits eye. Looking forward to some amazing classes coming up.

I pray that Luka stays until his senior season is through. He is playing at an all time high. But he is lacking on the defensive end but I’m seeing improvement there too. If he improves his defensive game as much as his offensive game has developed, he will be a top 5 NBA pick. Right now he isn’t even ranked in the top 60. By the end of the season that should change. If he decides to stay, here is what I see for Luka Garza.
1. Leads Iowa to 3 NCAA tournaments.
2. Two time 1st Team all B1G
3. Two time B1G POV
4. Two time 1st team All-American
5. Possible two time National POY
6. Retired #55 jersey hanging in CHA rafters.
7. Top 5-10 NBA pick
Only thing he needs to add are a couple of Final Four appearances.

Rarely, if ever, do players in any sport back up an MVP level season with another one. It’s just too hard to maintain, and teams adapt. And the rare players who can get it done are so talented that they don’t stick around. Regression—even if it’s slight—is the norm by far.

Even if he comes back and averages say 20 pts it would be a ridiculously good year, but still falling short of this season. Garza’s cognizant of that for sure.

Rarely, if ever, do players in any sport back up an MVP level season with another one. It’s just too hard to maintain, and teams adapt. And the rare players who can get it done are so talented that they don’t stick around. Regression—even if it’s slight—is the norm by far.

Even if he comes back and averages say 20 pts it would be a ridiculously good year, but still falling short of this season. Garza’s cognizant of that for sure.

If he averages less points next year, it will more than likely be because of less usage. In fact, that will almost certainly be the case with Bohannon back. But if he becomes a more explosive player next year (like he did this year) NBA teams aren't going to care. It might cost him a 2nd All American team, but he would still improve his draft scock.

Latest posts