Spievey

travismullen

What are your thoughts? I think if he would have stayed he would have went higher in the draft next year and may have ended up on a much better team.
I kind of feel sorry for the guy, having to start his NFL career with the Lions. (Let me save some of you a snappy response: 'Yeah, I feel sorry for him, too... it'll suck making all that money...')

Agreed. But he also has a new baby, so you know, man's gotta do... etc, etc.
Can't really fault him, but yeah. Wish he'd have stayed too. I'm sure Detroit has many redeeming qualities we don't know abou- hahaha, ok, ok, well, he'll be making fat bank, anyway.

I am a life long Lions fan so I love seein him go there! Could be the best draft Detroit has had in yearssssssss.

I am a life long Lions fan so I love seein him go there! Could be the best draft Detroit has had in yearssssssss.

+1 The Lions are finally turning it around after Millen ran the team into the ground. Spievey will be an important part of that turnaround.

I think he made the right choice. The Lions could very well be on the up and up soon. And on top of the baby, doesn't he also come from a pretty poor family? I can't blame him for leaping at the money while it's there to help take care of his family. Cause if he were to get injured next year and watch that money disappear?....wouldn't wanna be in those shoes, personally.

To be honest we all know the lions have been bad for many years running but as some of these pieces have been falling into place with the Cowboys picks from Roy Williams trade. I hope he is one of the reasons why they could make a turn around in the future. Situation may not be as bad as it seems.

By far the best Hawkeye talent that went in this draft. I'm sure I'll get ripped on for saying this (not sure why he doesn't get the boner that Angerer and Bulaga get) but this guy is going to be a beast in the NFL. I've said over and over that I don't claim to be Mel Kiper but this guy was buy far the best player on last seasons team.

By far the best Hawkeye talent that went in this draft. I'm sure I'll get ripped on for saying this (not sure why he doesn't get the boner that Angerer and Bulaga get) but this guy is going to be a beast in the NFL. I've said over and over that I don't claim to be Mel Kiper but this guy was buy far the best player on last seasons team.

FWIW , I agree.

I think the best player on the 2009 team will be on the 2010 team. If Clayborn picks up where he left off last year he will be our greatest DL of the Fry-Ferentz era,

I think a case could be made for Bulaga coming back,and moving into the top ten,and making an extra 10 million guaranteed. But for Amari,not so sure. The knock on him was speed,and I doubt that was going to improve that much. He was praised for his tackling,and long arms...just not sure where he would improve that much.
On top of that there is labor uncertainty coming in the NFL next summer,so you never know if he could be locked out.
His mom has been unemployed for awhile and he has younger siblings at home...I was not aware of his own baby. All that means he made the right choice,imo. I would have loved to have him back,but he earned the right to look out for himself.
Good luck to him. As a Bears fan I am frustrated with all the ex-hawks around the Bears at Green Bay,Minny,Detroit and Indy,but I do think the Lions are finally getting some traction and will pass the bears soon..sadly.

Detroit has increased there talent considerably the last few seasons. With the strides the Lions and Bears have appeared to make, plus two playoff teams from last year, the NFC North will be one of the best divisions in the NFL next season.

Personally, I feel that anybody who can go in the first round should probably leave school early due to the possibility of injuries. So as much as I will miss Bulaga, that was the right choice. If Amari would have stayed another year, I think his draft stock would have improved. In a profession where your career can end on one play in training camp, that guaranteed bonus money from the first round can be pretty important in the long run.

Amari will be able to get a nice house VERY cheap. He can also get his other family members taken care of. With the mouths that guy needs to feed, it might be a Godsend that he is in one of the lowest real estate value cities around. You can't even sell a house in the Detroit burbs right now.

Latest posts