Spievey very confident- on Patriots radar?

iahawk20

NFL Draft Prospect: Amari Spievey

Amari Spievey is going to shock the world.

It'll be another few weeks before he can deliver on his words at the NFL Scouting Combine, but the Hawkeye cornerback wanted to put the scouts on notice. After being asked for a prediction on his forty-yard dash time, Spievey stated, "In the 4.4's, or lower. All the times they have on me I ran with turf toe... people think I can't run because of that during the Penn St. game. I was just over-confident and cheated the route, he didn't do anything the rest of the game."

Confident is definitely a word that one could assign to Amari Spievey. "I want all of them [NFL Receivers] - the Randy Moss', the Terrell Owens', Ochocinco's. Whoever is lined up against me I want to show I can make a play." One NFL corner that has been able to deal with those elite receivers is Charles Woodson, who Amari has been studying and feels like he can draw a comparison to. "I've been watching Charles Woodson a lot, he's physical at the line and always in the position to make plays."

Chris Doyle (Iowa Strength Coach) is one of the guys that has put Spievey in position to make plays. After crediting Coach Doyle for running a great program, Spievey predicted that he will stand out at a few events at the combine. "Jumping. Coach puts a big deal of time into working on explosion, exercising the core. I'll impress in the broad jump, vertical, and the forty."

Another Iowa coach that has helped Spievey's progress has been defensive coordinator Norm Parker. "You can't just be a cover guy at Iowa. We have to set the edge, I will never shy away from contact. I'm not going to just let the linebackers make the play. I'm going to make that tackle. Coach Parker expects us to do our job, be dependable, reliable. I expect the same at the next level."

When asked about his highlight from his career at Iowa, Spievey answered, "That game in the Metrodome last year. I'd always wanted a pick-six, and QB's don't always throw to my side. It was good to get my hands on the ball and make a big play."

A few pick-sixes for the Patriots would shock the world as well, hopefully Amari Spievey can exchange the black and gold for the red, white, and blue during the 2010 NFL Draft.

I would love to see Amari drafted by the Patriots! They need a solid CB and he would work well in the typical Belichick system.:)

I think the Pats would be a good spot for Amari .

I think he will be a dam good pro corner.

Lastly, I think the term " Shock the world" is over used.

I think the Pats would be a good spot for Amari .

I think he will be a dam good pro corner.

Lastly, I think the term " Shock the world" is over used.

I agree about "Shock the world"...I mean c'mon do you know how many women there are in the world? Besides just the amount of time that would take...I've already asked several hundred and they have said no way Jose.

I also often wonder if Wilt Chamberlain really slept with 10,000 women.

I'd love to see Amari with the Colts, Jets.........anybody but the patriots. How about Reavis and Amari as cb's on the Jets!

I agree about "Shock the world"...I mean c'mon do you know how many women there are in the world? Besides just the amount of time that would take...I've already asked several hundred and they have said no way Jose.

I also often wonder if Wilt Chamberlain really slept with 10,000 women.

If you pull the hat trick twice a day you could easily get up there.

Dude ain't lacking for confidence........Very simple if runs well at the combine and the Iowa pro-day, he will get paid......if not, he'll be labeled as a tweener. Never killed him for the Penn. St game at one time or another about every CB gets caught peaking into the backfield.

Latest posts