Spearman's on Twitter now

Hate to see a guy go, but can't say there was any point this year when I was thankful he was on the team.

I'd say Kirks retiring! Spearmans a starter - why would he leave?

perhaps this has already been stated - but before the season - i think that was the timing - they had to reel him back on the team - homesick - for family. and he was going thru a lot of his friends being killed - wanted to go home to support. young and perspective getting the best of him, i'd bet.

What time is the presser tomorrow and can it be steamed?
I think there is something that lets you stream it through Hawkeyesports.com, but you have to pay for it. They used to show the pressers on the local access UI TV channel, but I don't know if they do that anymore.

I think there is something that lets you stream it through Hawkeyesports.com, but you have to pay for it. They used to show the pressers on the local access UI TV channel, but I don't know if they do that anymore.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into that I'm the morning.

That's alright, we have a walk on to step in for him.

Well it does kind of suck that he couldn't beat out the walkon. I mean I don't think anyone who watched a single game could say that Spearman played well enough to keep those walkon's off the field. Disappointing year for him really. I wish he wouldn't leave as he's got talent, but man he needs to start showing it.

So to sum up Spearman’s career here: He arrived as a 16 year old freshman in fall camp, wasn’t redshirted, and played out of position for 2 years. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say if he was a DE from the get-go, he would’ve surpassed Nate Meier by next year.

So to sum up Spearman’s career here: He arrived as a 16 year old freshman in fall camp, wasn’t redshirted, and played out of position for 2 years. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say if he was a DE from the get-go, he would’ve surpassed Nate Meier by next year.

i'm guessing they played him right away for a reason - can you imagine this kid redshirting (time on his hands)? probably wouldn't have made it out of his freshman season.

Latest posts