South Park Goes Off on Penn State

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
"We are going to put you kids in a foster home. Would you like to go to Neverland Ranch, a Catholic Church or Penn State University?"

This is the sort of stuff that is going to keep hitting...and I agree with what Deace said last week; there is going to be a Chernobyl effect on the PSU football program and its not going to be short term.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wf8yMYlpHQ[/ame]

"We are going to put you kids in a foster home. Would you like to go to Neverland Ranch, a Catholic Church or Penn State University?"

This is the sort of stuff that is going to keep hitting...and I agree with what Deace said last week; there is going to be a Chernobyl effect on the PSU football program and its not going to be short term.

I wish I knew what Chernobyl meant, but I the jist and agree with Deace.

"We are going to put you kids in a foster home. Would you like to go to Neverland Ranch, a Catholic Church or Penn State University?"This is the sort of stuff that is going to keep hitting...and I agree with what Deace said last week; there is going to be a Chernobyl effect on the PSU football program and its not going to be short term.
I wish I knew what Chernobyl meant, but I the jist and agree with Deace.

If you are not being sarcastic about Chernobyl ,I have lost faith in the US educational system.

I don't see where Jon made a joke...oh, I see...everyone is still bent that they couldn't let the d-baggery fly...

Moving along...

It was a VERY funny episode and there must have been 25 or 30 Penn State jokes. I agree with Jon that its going to be a long recovery for Penn State football. A LOOOOONNGG recovery. There will be no Urban Meyer's or Kirk Ferentz' taking that program over anytime soon.

Here is a longer clip with Paterno references..."A Penn State Administrator walks into a bar...no smile? How about this one...Joe Paterno doesn't walk into a police station." Unreal

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quyK8Vb3SaQ]South Park Weighs in on the Penn State Scandal - YouTube[/ame]

South Park Does A Penn State Scandal Joke - YouTube

Some people may be laughing at Penn State, making jokes about what happened over there.

Quite frankly, I think joking about the outcome caused by immoral acts is taking the low road.

I for one wish this scandal had never happened. Many lives ruined is no laughing matter.

Some people may be laughing at Penn State, making jokes about what happened over there.

Quite frankly, I think joking about the outcome caused by immoral acts is taking the low road.

I for one wish this scandal had never happened. Many lives ruined is no laughing matter.

While I feel those folks this ridicule is aimed at earned every bit of it ... I agree with you. I usually feel humor is fair game for those who don't live up to society's minimums, but not this time. I had the same reaction to SNL this weekend. Maybe the humor is lost on me due not only to the completely helpless victims in this case, but also the empathy I feel for the whole community...in which I include myself, be it ever so tertiarily. I was proud to have Penn State in the B1G 10. I wonder if I will be again?

You have to wonder how the victims and their families feel about this...

To me, it might cross the line. I think the people who are in the wrong here deserve everything they have coming, but not if it negatively affects the victims or innocent people for that matter.

I wouldn't want victims to feel ashamed about what happened or embarrassed. It wasn't their fault. I certainly wouldn't want public media and stuff like this to make other possible victims scared to come forward either.

If you need to go to that level so soon in order to be funny... maybe you just aren't very funny. That is just my opinion though.

TV shows know exactly how to protect themselves:

images

So let me get this straight just so I can make sure I don't offend anyone.

1) It is not okay for me to lampoon something as tawdry as unplanned pregnancy, or say um child molestation.
2) However, it is okay for me to post a link to a commercial television program that is lampooning such topics?

3) But wait, can we post any commercial media source, or are there only acceptable sources?

4) Crap, I thought I had it figured out...

So let me get this straight just so I can make sure I don't offend anyone.

1) It is not okay for me to lampoon something as tawdry as unplanned pregnancy, or say um child molestation.
2) However, it is okay for me to post a link to a commercial television program that is lampooning such topics?

3) But wait, can we post any commercial media source, or are there only acceptable sources?

4) Crap, I thought I had it figured out...

Don't be mad CAARHawk...it'll be ok!

Caar, you making a joke on a message board is far different than a pop culture factory like South Park doing it My post was not to get jokes or a laugh. Rather to point out where this is going in the mainstream.

Latest posts