South Carolina vs LSU

True. Add to that SC is very motivated to beat Iowa and worked hard on improving their three point shooting. LSU in general would also really enjoy beating us. Both Reese and HVL would relish knocking Iowa out of the tournament. That being said CCs supporting cast has shown signs of coming alive up until the OSU game. A game that was on the road. A game in which from what I hear many on the team were suffering from flu like symptoms. If somehow we can get some improvement from the four and five positions both on offense but even more importantly on defense and rebounding than other teams should fear playing us and not the opposite.
Agree also

Iowa's challenge against teams with a tall Center is that the opponent doesn't have to double down on Iowa's Center -- whether it be Stuelke, O'Brien, whoever -- because they can easily block their shots down low and neutralize Iowa's inside game. That allows the opponent to focus on guarding Iowa's guards, other than CC. Those teams can arguably give up 45 pts to CC and still win comfortably if they shut down Gabby, Martin and Davis from outside...I think Iowa is 0-3 when Clark scores more than 40 pts. And rebounding vs LSU would be near impossible.
None of this will be a major problem for most of the BTen season and first couple rounds of the NCAA tourney, but vs Top 10 teams it's a different story.

Iowa's challenge against teams with a tall Center is that the opponent doesn't have to double down on Iowa's Center -- whether it be Stuelke, O'Brien, whoever -- because they can easily block their shots down low and neutralize Iowa's inside game. That allows the opponent to focus on guarding Iowa's guards, other than CC. Those teams can arguably give up 45 pts to CC and still win comfortably if they shut down Gabby, Martin and Davis from outside...I think Iowa is 0-3 when Clark scores more than 40 pts. And rebounding vs LSU would be near impossible.
None of this will be a major problem for most of the BTen season and first couple rounds of the NCAA tourney, but vs Top 10 teams it's a different story.
Spot on !!! And last year we had a center that could shoot.

Yeah Iowas bigs aren't that great (I'm being nice) and their wings can't create on their own to hit shots. CC has to create damn near everything for not only herself but everyone else. Davis here and there can create off the dribble and make some plays but not consistently all game long against tough competition. Marshall is a spot up shooter and that's about it on O she's either getting open and hitting them or she's not. Martin is streaky she had a couple opportunities down the stretch against OSU to be the hero but couldn't hit the shots in regulation I think she had 2 in the last couple mins that woulda made the difference. She's a bit of a tweener playing out of position at the 4 at times and other schools can exploit her at the other end more.

As good as Iowa is and can be they have multiple holes. I'd play Affolter more mins. She's tough and does a little of everything. I like that she draws fouls. The sooner they can get into the bonus each Q the better. I'd almost commit to playing small ball and try and run teams out of the gym more and not play Goodman/Stuelke so much. Stuelke can play fast but she seems to have a tough time staying out of foul trouble and staying healthy. So play her a little less and Goodman/Ogrady alot less so Affolter can and run people out of the gym. Just my arm chair QB suggestion haha

Kim is having a meltdown.

I would sell my soul for her jacket

To wear and dazzle the dolls at Hy-Vee

Perhaps even more than Eddie Van Halen's tiger-striped jacket

Van Halen - Jump (1984) : r/ClassicRock

I guess it's best the SC won. They're getting a 1 seed no matter what. LSU is listed as a 3 seed on ESPN's latest bracketology. A win over SC would boost them in to a 1 seed discussion. This may eliminate them from a 1 seed which means 1 less team for Iowa to fight with for a 1 seed, or a high 2 seed.

Yeah, always want to see lsu lose every game they play

Watched most of the game. Man, that was intense! LSU took control early, and SC was dang lucky to be within 5 at half. LSU probably led 35 min of that 40 min game, but much like Young and the Terps last night, SC hit 2 treys in the last couple minutes to win the game. Great environment.
LSU leads the nation in offensive rebounding, and I can see why -- dang, they are BIG and tall! They'd be a horrid matchup for Iowa...the Hawks literally could get outrebounded by 30. They're a team I would list as 1 G and 4 Fs. They would never have to take a shot outside the paint vs the Hawks.
SC looks to me a lot like Stanford, UCLA, etc. Super tall Center, solid forwards, and good guard play. But SC sure looked beatable tonight -- at one point I think LSU had 4-5 consecutive offensive rebounds in one possession! Just like last season, the Hawks would have a much better chance of beating SC than LSU.
If the Hawks go deep in the tourney, they're likely to really struggle against teams with dominant Centers -- which unfortunately is the other Top 10 teams! I think the Hawks are a Top 15 team, maybe a Top 10 team, but probably a little overrated at this point. Good thing is, everybody gets to prove it come tourney time.

Fun, intense game to watch

True. Add to that SC is very motivated to beat Iowa and worked hard on improving their three point shooting. LSU in general would also really enjoy beating us. Both Reese and HVL would relish knocking Iowa out of the tournament. That being said CCs supporting cast has shown signs of coming alive up until the OSU game. A game that was on the road. A game in which from what I hear many on the team were suffering from flu like symptoms. If somehow we can get some improvement from the four and five positions both on offense but even more importantly on defense and rebounding than other teams should fear playing us and not the opposite.

Perhaps they will set the brackets to have LSU and S Carolina play in the Championship game

With the Hawks having to play both of them

Experience Deja Vu GIFs

Yeah Iowas bigs aren't that great (I'm being nice) and their wings can't create on their own to hit shots. CC has to create damn near everything for not only herself but everyone else. Davis here and there can create off the dribble and make some plays but not consistently all game long against tough competition. Marshall is a spot up shooter and that's about it on O she's either getting open and hitting them or she's not. Martin is streaky she had a couple opportunities down the stretch against OSU to be the hero but couldn't hit the shots in regulation I think she had 2 in the last couple mins that woulda made the difference. She's a bit of a tweener playing out of position at the 4 at times and other schools can exploit her at the other end more.

As good as Iowa is and can be they have multiple holes. I'd play Affolter more mins. She's tough and does a little of everything. I like that she draws fouls. The sooner they can get into the bonus each Q the better. I'd almost commit to playing small ball and try and run teams out of the gym more and not play Goodman/Stuelke so much. Stuelke can play fast but she seems to have a tough time staying out of foul trouble and staying healthy. So play her a little less and Goodman/Ogrady alot less so Affolter can and run people out of the gym. Just my arm chair QB suggestion haha

More Affolter indeed, perhaps would have made a difference against Ohio State

Perhaps play Goodman until she fouls out after 5 Hard Fouls

Perhaps play O'Grady instead of O'Brian

You Know...

Grin

:cool:

0-3? Not true. It's 7-4

We could use a legitimate big but are really tough to beat if someone besides Clark is hitting the threes. I would try all my shooters and see if I can find the hot one. Then give the hot one some minutes.

I
I agree with all the above but still think bludner make a mistake not getting in the portal for a big . And another shooter to go along with Clark . They better hope the stars align in the tournament.
If I remember correctly Lisa said there wasn't any better than the ones we had. If you think we missed on Betts I can understand but Lauren didn't want to come hear. If you've watched Betts play this year she hasn't been very impressive for being 6ft. 7. Not upset the Hawks didn't get her.

If I remember correctly Lisa said there wasn't any better than the ones we had. If you think we missed on Betts I can understand but Lauren didn't want to come hear. If you've watched Betts play this year she hasn't been very impressive for being 6ft. 7. Not upset the Hawks didn't get her.
She maybe could done better with Jensen & she could at least be hard to shoot over .

She maybe could done better with Jensen & she could at least be hard to shoot over .
I agree with you that Jensen was a bad one to lose for sure. This day and age everybody wants to start from day 1 or they'll move on. Thanks in part to the transfer portal. I've been really surprised S. Carolina can keep all those 5* players when a lot sit on the bench for 2 years. They have a generational player and she spends most of her time resting. Staley must have quite the speech to hang onto all those players.

I agree with you that Jensen was a bad one to lose for sure. This day and age everybody wants to start from day 1 or they'll move on. Thanks in part to the transfer portal. I've been really surprised S. Carolina can keep all those 5* players when a lot sit on the bench for 2 years. They have a generational player and she spends most of her time resting. Staley must have quite the speech to hang onto all those players.
Yes she must