South Carolina vs LSU

Neither have Caitlin but they both are so much more athletic 1-5 than our Hawks.

Which just shows how good Caitlyn really is.

Can't stand Mulkey, but LSU getting hosed by the zebras right now.

I think ESPN doesn't show many replays in WBB because of the poor officiating overall.

I guess it's best the SC won. They're getting a 1 seed no matter what. LSU is listed as a 3 seed on ESPN's latest bracketology. A win over SC would boost them in to a 1 seed discussion. This may eliminate them from a 1 seed which means 1 less team for Iowa to fight with for a 1 seed, or a high 2 seed.

Watched most of the game. Man, that was intense! LSU took control early, and SC was dang lucky to be within 5 at half. LSU probably led 35 min of that 40 min game, but much like Young and the Terps last night, SC hit 2 treys in the last couple minutes to win the game. Great environment.
LSU leads the nation in offensive rebounding, and I can see why -- dang, they are BIG and tall! They'd be a horrid matchup for Iowa...the Hawks literally could get outrebounded by 30. They're a team I would list as 1 G and 4 Fs. They would never have to take a shot outside the paint vs the Hawks.
SC looks to me a lot like Stanford, UCLA, etc. Super tall Center, solid forwards, and good guard play. But SC sure looked beatable tonight -- at one point I think LSU had 4-5 consecutive offensive rebounds in one possession! Just like last season, the Hawks would have a much better chance of beating SC than LSU.
If the Hawks go deep in the tourney, they're likely to really struggle against teams with dominant Centers -- which unfortunately is the other Top 10 teams! I think the Hawks are a Top 15 team, maybe a Top 10 team, but probably a little overrated at this point. Good thing is, everybody gets to prove it come tourney time.

Watched most of the game. Man, that was intense! LSU took control early, and SC was dang lucky to be within 5 at half. LSU probably led 35 min of that 40 min game, but much like Young and the Terps last night, SC hit 2 treys in the last couple minutes to win the game. Great environment.
LSU leads the nation in offensive rebounding, and I can see why -- dang, they are BIG and tall! They'd be a horrid matchup for Iowa...the Hawks literally could get outrebounded by 30. They're a team I would list as 1 G and 4 Fs. They would never have to take a shot outside the paint vs the Hawks.
SC looks to me a lot like Stanford, UCLA, etc. Super tall Center, solid forwards, and good guard play. But SC sure looked beatable tonight -- at one point I think LSU had 4-5 consecutive offensive rebounds in one possession! Just like last season, the Hawks would have a much better chance of beating SC than LSU.
If the Hawks go deep in the tourney, they're likely to really struggle against teams with dominant Centers -- which unfortunately is the other Top 10 teams! I think the Hawks are a Top 15 team, maybe a Top 10 team, but probably a little overrated at this point. Good thing is, everybody gets to prove it come tourney time.
I can understand why you would think Iowa is overrated but nobody else has Caitlin. When the rest of the team is hitting open shots Iowa is almost impossible to guard. Nobody can guard Caitlin one on one and she proved it last year against both of these teams. If not for LSU shooting out of their minds and some pretty bad officiating Iowa would’ve been the champions.

Anyone else watching?
I can understand why you would think Iowa is overrated but nobody else has Caitlin. When the rest of the team is hitting open shots Iowa is almost impossible to guard. Nobody can guard Caitlin one on one and she proved it last year against both of these teams. If not for LSU shooting out of their minds and some pretty bad officiating Iowa would’ve been the champions.
But LSU has added some very good talent from the potal they really should be better than last year. SC also really. The thing is these teams are big and more athletic than Iowa and if we learn anything from the last game Clark can’t do it all she needs help from other players and bludner has too coach be

But LSU has added some very good talent from the potal they really should be better than last year. SC also really. The thing is these teams are big and more athletic than Iowa and if we learn anything from the last game Clark can’t do it all she needs help from other players and bludner has too coach be
True. Add to that SC is very motivated to beat Iowa and worked hard on improving their three point shooting. LSU in general would also really enjoy beating us. Both Reese and HVL would relish knocking Iowa out of the tournament. That being said CCs supporting cast has shown signs of coming alive up until the OSU game. A game that was on the road. A game in which from what I hear many on the team were suffering from flu like symptoms. If somehow we can get some improvement from the four and five positions both on offense but even more importantly on defense and rebounding than other teams should fear playing us and not the opposite.

Last edited: