Sous Vide

Wow, I didn't even know about Thoma's and I live in this area. Thanks for heads up.
They've got amazing stuff, and surprisingly not expensive considering the quality.

Fun background...this used to be Seaton's Meat Market back in the day. I grew up in that neighborhood and used to ride my bigwheel down there to grab a gallon of milk for my parents, and a piece of Bazooka Joe gum for me. Our neighbor was one of the butchers. Simpler times...

If you've eaten steak at any steakhouse bigger than mom and pop, you've had sous vide.
No shit. I always wondered how the turnaround time for cooking was so fast at those places. Makes sense now. Just a quick high heat sear, and serve.

They've got amazing stuff, and surprisingly not expensive considering the quality.

Fun background...this used to be Seaton's Meat Market back in the day. I grew up in that neighborhood and used to ride my bigwheel down there to grab a gallon of milk for my parents, and a piece of Bazooka Joe gum for me. Our neighbor was one of the butchers. Simpler times...
Were they always in that building? I recognize the building but didn't think anything was really in there.

No shit. I always wondered how the turnaround time for cooking was so fast at those places. Makes sense now. Just a quick high heat sear, and serve.
E Coli isn't really a concern with whole cuts of meat like steak/roasts/etc. anyway. The bacteria are only on the surface and all you have to do is sear it quick to kill it. It's why you can eat super rare steak and not get sick. And it's why you shouldn't eat rare ground beef like a hamburger because when they grind it those bacteria get mixed all throughout it.

Were they always in that building? I recognize the building but didn't think anything was really in there.
Seaton's closed back in the 80s at some point. Then I think it was an antique shop for a while? Then I don't remember what it was? A lawyer's office or something? Thoma's opened in May of 2020. They seem to be pretty busy, and will do special orders for things like Thanksgiving Turkeys. I signed up for an "18-20 pound turkey" for thanksgiving, and ended up with a 22-pounder. It was amazing.