Sounds like Lynch isn't coming

I think people are underestimating the outside pressure put on a lot of these players to stay at PSU. It's almost like they'll be considered enemies forever if they want to leave and go somewhere that they'll actually have a football future.

The fans and players of the current PSU team are taking an us against the world stance. It's crazy and disgraceful, but that's what they are doing. I initially felt bad for the current players on that roster, but seeing how they've responded it makes it very easy to root against that team and their fans.

One player left, I believe it was Redd to USC, and he was destroyed by fans obviously, but then by some teammates on Twitter as well. Seeing that type of response, Lynch would have to decide that in addition to making a life altering decision of packing up and leaving PSU to go to Iowa, he'd also have to deal with that type of treatment from PSU fans and current players.

I'd like to see him come to Iowa as well, but I can see the pressures on him and why he may decide that it's far easy, not far better, to stay at PSU.

It'd be a little different for current players than incoming freshmen. He doesn't have some deep rooted bond with the players already there.

I think people are underestimating the outside pressure put on a lot of these players to stay at PSU. It's almost like they'll be considered enemies forever if they want to leave and go somewhere that they'll actually have a football future.

The fans and players of the current PSU team are taking an us against the world stance. It's crazy and disgraceful, but that's what they are doing. I initially felt bad for the current players on that roster, but seeing how they've responded it makes it very easy to root against that team and their fans.

One player left, I believe it was Redd to USC, and he was destroyed by fans obviously, but then by some teammates on Twitter as well. Seeing that type of response, Lynch would have to decide that in addition to making a life altering decision of packing up and leaving PSU to go to Iowa, he'd also have to deal with that type of treatment from PSU fans and current players.

I'd like to see him come to Iowa as well, but I can see the pressures on him and why he may decide that it's far easy, not far better, to stay at PSU.
I could ask anyone, but I saw your comments so I will ask you. If the same thing happened at Iowa, how do you think you would react, niuhawk? As a fan, would you be mad at the situation your current, innocent players and staff were placed in, at no fault of their own?

Be honest. Do you think Iowa fans would act differently if they were put in the same situation?

I could ask anyone, but I saw your comments so I will ask you. If the same thing happened at Iowa, how do you think you would react, niuhawk? As a fan, would you be mad at the situation your current, innocent players and staff were placed in, at no fault of their own?

Be honest. Do you think Iowa fans would act differently if they were put in the same situation?

I wouldn't condemn the current players and new coaches, but I wouldn't necessarily want to take an "us against the world" mentality, either. At least not right away. That just comes off as callous, at best.

I could ask anyone, but I saw your comments so I will ask you. If the same thing happened at Iowa, how do you think you would react, niuhawk? As a fan, would you be mad at the situation your current, innocent players and staff were placed in, at no fault of their own?Be honest. Do you think Iowa fans would act differently if they were put in the same situation?

If what happened at PSU happened at Iowa the last damn thing on my mind would be a F'ing football game or worrying about what players were going to do. I would be a hell of a lot more concerned for the real victims that were abused in our community for over a decade. Of course in Happy Valley nobody seems to give a crap about that.

I also would cancel my seasons tickets and it would take a long time for me to consider going back, but that's just me.

If what happened at PSU happened at Iowa the last damn thing on my mind would be a F'ing football game or worrying about what players were going to do. I would be a hell of a lot more concerned for the real victims that were abused in our community for over a decade. Of course in Happy Valley nobody seems to give a crap about that.

I also would cancel my seasons tickets and it would take a long time for me to consider going back, but that's just me.

Agree 100%. The fact that we are hearing people not leaving PSU in droves because of some bunker mentality and us against the world thinking is absolutely sickening!

Twitter rumblings from the PSU payboard guys seem to indicate Lynch is going to remain at PSU...

There are a LOT of Penn State players thinking about leaving. Who wouldn't at least think about it? After this season, there will be a LOT of PSU players jumping ship...

This has happened too fast, but once the season starts and the reality sinks in - NO post-season play, NO improvement, More de-commits/transfers - there will be plenty of players jumping ship at the semester break...count on it.

There are a LOT of Penn State players thinking about leaving. Who wouldn't at least think about it? After this season, there will be a LOT of PSU players jumping ship...

This has happened too fast, but once the season starts and the reality sinks in - NO post-season play, NO improvement, More de-commits/transfers - there will be plenty of players jumping ship at the semester break...count on it.

oh yeah, Penn State will go down in a rubble. The still top 15 recruiting class will be horrible and all the players leaving will make Penn State suck. I mean look at USC, their loss of scholarships really hurt them. Instead of competing for the BCS championship they are now only a top 20 team.

oh yeah, Penn State will go down in a rubble. The still top 15 recruiting class will be horrible and all the players leaving will make Penn State suck. I mean look at USC, their loss of scholarships really hurt them. Instead of competing for the BCS championship they are now only a top 20 team.

There's still a long time until signing day. An entire season, as a matter of fact. PSU could be okay this year. But, a couple of the guys that have left will really effect them.

Concern for the victims is not mutually exclusive to supporting the current team. If they want to prove that their institution and community is greater than the evil that was perpetuated, then rallying around the current team (which carries none of the responsibility for the evil perpetrated) is one way to do that.

/yes, I used perpetuated and perpetrated in the same post. I'm that intalligence.

I wouldn't condemn the current players and new coaches, but I wouldn't necessarily want to take an "us against the world" mentality, either. At least not right away. That just comes off as callous, at best.
What you are saying might be easier to say when you try to put yourself in that situation than when you are actually in that position.

Hey, he's a talented kid. And apparently he's consumed the Penn St kool-aid. At 18 years old...it's easy to do.
He may have a great career at Penn St. But he won't get the exposure or recognition he could outside of "Happy" Valley. (man does that term see way out of whack).

Latest posts