Sounds like Lynch isn't coming

images

As is almost always the case on these message boards,the poster calling fans names, is the best fit for that name in the first place.

Rogers can run and catch,and can be an offensive weapon.

Yeah, some people just can't help but be simplistic. I doubt you were suggesting that Rogers is going to have 1,200 rushing yards and 600 receiving yards. I would guess what you were saying is that he can be a difficult matchup for opponents because not only is he a great blocker, Iowa can also sneak him some carries and passes to surprise the other team in big spots in a game.

If he lacks the good sense to get off a sinking ship then ........................... well lets just say that people with poor decision making skills have not faired so well at Iowa

/thread

I like how all the seniors at PSU are calling out people for leaving. Yeah, Im sure they wouldve stuck around had this happened at Penn St when they were underclassmen. What a joke.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he not have 66 yards rushing on nine carries in mop up duty versus Ball State in 2010? My point is this… he'll be no slouch, and/or a decent offensive weapon.

I can't say I blame him if he decides to stay at PSU. It would have been a challenge to finish summer classes at PSU and then immediately pack and move to Iowa and show up late for camp without really knowing any of the players or even the facilities or playbook. Probably a stressful proposition for an 18 year old kid. He still has time to transfer later on if he wants without having to sit out a year.

I too think the Seniors at PSU are acting like a bunch of pu***** towards the underclassmen that want to leave. It's only because they know it's too late to go anywhere else, and it only affects them this year before moving on. They've got to experience a bowl game, etc, etc. Their selfishness is robbing the younger recruits of EVER seeing a bowl game. EVER! Think about that.

If you build it he will come. We just built it so we'll see ya Monday. Thanks

Last edited:
A couple of things in this thread: First, he was never "Iowa's" and our staff never really committed a great deal of energy "recruiting" him. I would doubt if it went beyond phone calls. So, not sure we should panic or consider this a loss for the team.

In contrast, he is being HEAVILY recruited at State College. Position coaches, the head coach, strength and conditioning coaches, other teammates, friends/buddies. I'm sure he is hearing from them every day about how important he is to their futures. So yes, a ton of pressure on his shoulders.

Finally, it is a very bad decision to stay for any underclassman, IMO. Things could go from bad to worse. Civil cases have to happen. The loss of scholarships should hit PSU hard right about when Akeel is in his prime and losing is never fun. Also, one could make a reasonable argument that he may not have the same numbers (yards) that he would have at Iowa; thus, he may cost himself some future cash.

I will never blame him for his decision, though.

I can't say I blame him if he decides to stay at PSU. It would have been a challenge to finish summer classes at PSU and then immediately pack and move to Iowa and show up late for camp without really knowing any of the players or even the facilities or playbook. Probably a stressful proposition for an 18 year old kid. He still has time to transfer later on if he wants without having to sit out a year.

Agree. Logistically this would be tough to pull off. But how hard is it for RB's to learn Iowa's playbook. 1. Off tackle left 2. Off tackle right 3. On pass plays hit anyone who gets past the O-line.

Agree. Logistically this would be tough to pull off. But how hard is it for RB's to learn Iowa's playbook. 1. Off tackle left 2. Off tackle right 3. On pass plays hit anyone who gets past the O-line.

Point taken. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he not have 66 yards rushing on nine carries in mop up duty versus Ball State in 2010? My point is this… he'll be no slouch, and/or a decent offensive weapon.

How much do I have to correct?

Quote: DaCoach
You're an idiot if you think Rogers is an offensive threat beyond his blocking ability.

Your not making yourself look very good with your posts.

Latest posts