Sos

Every one is pretty much in the hot spots of 4 and 5 star talent. Not to mention how many of those in state rivalries are in conference games?? Ie: must play, not scheduled by choice.
And all but Oregon St are typically much better than ISU.

And all but Oregon St are typically much better than ISU.
I don't even have a problem so much with that. Yes one of those teams would pay dividends in sos and national coverage.
I'm saying be smart. If you are going to play that level of competition, why do it where every recruit that's in the area already knows what Iowa is about. They grew up watching Iowa ISU.
Why not use that scheduling opportunity to play a team that gets your name outside of the border??
Same goes for ISU. If they are going to play Iowa why not instead schedule a team outside the border and expand your name??
What don't these people understand about this??
Do they think the fans "require" the Iowa ISU game??
They don't. They want to win and recruit well.
This game every year not only doesn't help with that, it actually hurts with that.
Hello McFly!!

Last edited:
He won't get it unless you explain that it should have been "too". He is a cyclone fan.
I get it I made a mistake doesn't change the fact I'm a season ticket holder for over 10 years now while the rest of you don't even attend games. Mizzou still isn't an upgrade to ISU

Every one is pretty much in the hot spots of 4 and 5 star talent, where brand recognition is not at such a premium. Not to mention how many of those in state rivalries are in conference games?? Ie: must play, not scheduled by choice.
Plenty are out of conference. Most regional teams are in the same conference because it makes sense. SC and Clemson isn't Tennessee and Memphis isn't FSU and Florida isn't....among others

Last edited:
Are you sure?

Top 25 finishers

B1G-W....………...SEC-W

WIS #6....…………AL 1
NW 20..…………AUB 10
…………………...LSU 18
…………………...MSU 19

WIS 9...………....AL 2
…………………...LSU 13
…………………...AU 24

IA 9...…………….AL 1
WI 21....………….MIS 10
NW 23..…………..LSU 16

WI 13....…………..AL 4
……………………..MSU 11
……………………..MIS 17
……………………..AUB 22

That's pretty one-sided.

btw, if "LSU pretends to be good and then never is" what does that say about your boy KF?
Ratings literally mean nothing anymore only rating that matters is the CFP rankings.

I enjoy you Ole Miss in those lists, including the ones where they were cheating and now have BOWL bans because of it. LMFAO clueless

Last edited:
Plenty are out of conference. Most regional teams are in the same conference because it makes sense. SC and Clemson isn't Tennessee Memphis isn't fsu Florida isn't among others
Again South Carolina and Florida areas have lots of area recruits to go after.
It would be different if Iowa had 40 4 and 5 star recruits to impress every year, but we don't.
We have to recruit a ton out of state and yet handcuff ourselves with a every year in state game.
That scheduling opportunity is totally wasted.

Again South Carolina and Florida areas have lots of area recruits to go after.
It would be different if Iowa had 40 4 and 5 star recruits to impress every year, but we don't.
We have to recruit a ton out of state and yet handcuff ourselves with a every year in state game.
That scheduling opportunity is totally wasted.

We're not handcuffing ourselves playing the ISU game.....We still pull players from those regions, do you think we would pull 1/2 our roster or something if we did play teams in those regions or something???? It doesn't work that way.

We're not handcuffing ourselves playing the ISU game.....We still pull players from those regions, do you think we would pull 1/2 our roster or something if we did play teams in those regions or something???? It doesn't work that way.
Obviously you don't understand business.
How many times do we hear recruits say, well I didn't know much about Iowa until they offered?
How much time are coaches having to explain to recruits who we are and what we are about?
There is a reason why.
We can't pull 4 star players from areas where basically they have never heard of us.
There is a reason why Joe the plumber gives out pens or refrigerator magnets with his name on them.
Brand recognition outside of people who already know him. Kind of stupid to give all that kind of stuff to all the people who already know you, isn't it?

So the ratings don't matter when comparing teams / divisions, and your opinion should count more because you go to the Iowa games. Got it.
Just pointing out I'm not a clown fan. Following along now?

Obviously you don't understand business.
How many times do we hear recruits say, well I didn't know much about Iowa until they offered?
How much time are coaches having to explain to recruits who we are and what we are about?
There is a reason why.
We can't pull 4 star players from areas where basically they have never heard of us.
There is a reason why Joe the plumber gives out pens or refrigerator magnets with his name on them.
Brand recognition outside of people who already know him.

Lol okay yeah I hear that all the time. We put players in the NFL, nobody knows who Iowa is yep....We're not going to consistently get 4 star recruits either it's just how it is.

Last edited:
Just pointing out I'm not a clown fan. Following along now?

Lol okay yeah I hear that all the time. We put players in the NFL, nobody knows who Iowa is yep....We're not going to consistently get 4 star recruits either it's just how it is.

I'm just saying, why not give yourself a better chance? You don't think that if Iowa replaced the ISU game with mid tier games from FL, California, TX, Georgia, that it wouldn't help with recruiting those areas??
If not why play NTX? Why not just play Northern Iowa, ISU and idk SDSU every single year.

I get it I made a mistake doesn't change the fact I'm a season ticket holder for over 10 years now while the rest of you don't even attend games. Mizzou still isn't an upgrade to ISU
25 years and yes it is a big improvement. Glad you clown fans are Iowa season ticket holders, we'll take your money anytime.

25 years and yes it is a big improvement. Glad you clown fans are Iowa season ticket holders, we'll take your money anytime.

wpq1Y.gif

s0OFpbA.gif

Now that both Iowa and Iowa State play nine game conference schedules, it essentially means neither team will play any out of conference P-5 games. Both teams are now stuck playing lesser opponents at home for their OOC games. That also means neither team will play P-5 teams within easy travel distance for fans, within in the local recruiting footprint, or in neighboring media markets.

At this point neither team is even going to take a brief respite from the series to play a OOC home-at-home. No Iowa State vs. Nebraska or Missouri while fans on both sides still remember the game. No more Iowa vs. Pitt games or any other nearby P-5 opponents.

Not only will the situation get a little old fans, but it puts both Iowa and Iowa State more or less out of circulation for years.

Maybe once every 3 years Iowa can play a neutral site game against a P5.

Something like Iowa vs. Arkansas in St. LOUIS.

Maybe once every 3 years Iowa can play a neutral site game against a P5.

Something like Iowa vs. Arkansas in St. LOUIS.

I'll believe it when I see it. Generally those neutral site site games are hard to set up. Plus, if you are giving up a home game anyway, why not just do the home-at-home thing.

Future Wisconsin games away from home:
2019 at USF
2020 at Lambeau (ND)
2021 at Soldier Field (ND)
2023 at Wash St
2024 at Hawaii
2025 at Va Tech

The schedules for 2023 and later aren't full yet. But, it's safe to say they missed the memo that said you have to play 5 of 6 at home every 2 years.

Do you suppose they'll use that Hawaii trip in recruiting?

Future Wisconsin games away from home:
2019 at USF
2020 at Lambeau (ND)
2021 at Soldier Field (ND)
2023 at Wash St
2024 at Hawaii
2025 at Va Tech

The schedules for 2023 and later aren't full yet. But, it's safe to say they missed the memo that said you have to play 5 of 6 at home every 2 years.

Do you suppose they'll use that Hawaii trip in recruiting?

Wisconsin plays 6 home games in 2020 when they play Notre Dame at Lambeau. All the other years through 2021 have seven home games.

Latest posts