Someone Has to finish Last

longtimer

I think clearly Iowa has got a chance to finish at or very near the bottom of a very mediocre conference.

I have been saying for some time (with little agreement from other posters) that Fran would not be the coach in his 14th season for any other team in the Big Ten with his record. No success in the tournament is the kiss of death for a coach. This year looks to be an exclamation point.

I just hope he decides to hang it up as the future with him is bleak. If he doesn't I think the new AD just has to pull the trigger.

A new coach may not win at Iowa but Fran has run out of time

Lots of empty seats today and more to come will force the decision

Now we are seeing what it is like without 1 stud player and a team full of roll players to below average roll players.

This team does not have a Garza or Murrey to lean on/keep them competitive against more athletic teams in regular season play.

For this current team to be successful...they are going to need to be over-coached up. That appears it did not happen in the off-season though.

I should also say, in the game thread I wondered if it may be time for a change. I don't think Fran should be fired as his resume does not deserve that yet. But, I also see a stale program with mid-ter talent.....and Fran has never had top end success here with his best teams in the NCAAs.

I wonder if Fran walks and takes the family elsewhere next year.

I should also say, in the game thread I wondered if it may be time for a change. I don't think Fran should be fired as his resume does not deserve that yet. But, I also see a stale program with mid-ter talent.....and Fran has never had top end success here with his best teams in the NCAAs.

I wonder if Fran walks and takes the family elsewhere next year.
Fans deserve better also

Attendance is bad and will get worse. Gonna be a rough one mentally and financially for the men's Bball team.

Attendance is bad and will get worse. Gonna be a rough one mentally and financially for the men's Bball team.
I cringe to think of how bad the attendance may get... It's been bad bad already. Wait till the weather really gets bad. Nobody will want to leave their house to go watch that.

I cringe to think of how bad the attendance may get... It's been bad bad already. Wait till the weather really gets bad. Nobody will want to leave their house to go watch that.
Also add into that the periodically funky late start times for some games. Ya already have students who don't really care to attend than add that to discourage the blue hairs from attending. Yikes.

Also add into that the periodically funky late start times for some games. Ya already have students who don't really care to attend than add that to discourage the blue hairs from attending. Yikes.
8 pm starts are nasty. Just totally discourages anyone that comes from over 50 plus miles out to want to come. The Polk county crowd especially. They wouldn't get home till after midnight if the traffic was smooth. That doesn't work for people during the week. And the 6 pm ones are tough to get to on time for the folks with regular 9-5s. 7 pm is as good as it gets but they gotta try and cram as much as they can onto tv cause that's what matters...

Yeah the schools made the atmosphere to the point it's not something students have much interest in at all.... It's sad and it's a big project for Goetz to have to tackle

Latest posts