Someone has got to win the West. Make your case for who.

Simple.
If we win out against the West, we win.
If that is not something we can do against the level of competition in the West this year, then the program has declined into dangerous territory.
This seems a bit hyperbolic. We won the West last year, were ranked #2 in the entire country at one point, and should have won the bowl game for an 11th win. 10-4 is a really good year. The program as a whole is in strong shape coming into the season. If we take a step back this year, we have to take into account losing a generational center and two other upperclassmen OL. We are playing a lot of guys on the OL with zero experience. We also have been hammered by injuries at the WR position. Programs like Iowa feel injuries and early departures much more than the blue bloods do.

Not winning the West this year is not a sign of a material decline of the program. But, it could be the start of such a trendline. Only time will tell.

lol Purdue beat FL Atlantic at home by 2 a little over a week ago. Let's not act like winning there is some insurmountable feat that can't be done. Iowa isn't winning at TOSU, after that, it's a coin flip at best at every team left on the schedule. Which is why it's anyone's still at this point.

There are programs that I trust a heck of a lot more and I think that's absolutely fair considering Purdue hasn't won a division title ever. Not once. Never. O times.
And Aiden O'Connell didn't play!!

All I know is whomever does end up winning it won't have much to brag about. This is shaping up to be a shit show.

All I know is whomever does end up winning it won't have much to brag about. This is shaping up to be a shit show.
I think the West is actually underrated at this point. Purdue had Penn St. on the ropes and should have won that game. Nebraska just beat Indiana by 14. Minny pounded Sparty. Iowa beat Rutgers by 17. Illinois had Indiana beat and would pummel them if they played again. Each West team has weaknesses, but other than NWestern I think the Top 6 are all better than the bottom 3 teams in the East.

Does anyone really want to win the west and lose by 50 to OSU to end things?
No. I think one blowout loss to anOSU is enough.

Edit: Unless Iowa improves on offense in a rather dramatic fashion, then being in the championship is definitely a good thing.

Last edited:
I think the West is actually underrated at this point. Purdue had Penn St. on the ropes and should have won that game. Nebraska just beat Indiana by 14. Minny pounded Sparty. Iowa beat Rutgers by 17. Illinois had Indiana beat and would pummel them if they played again. Each West team has weaknesses, but other than NWestern I think the Top 6 are all better than the bottom 3 teams in the East.
I mean we should let it play out and see how it goes. But it's a weird year. MN I thought would be the head of the West but that game surprised me. None of the teams in the west are all that good I don't think. I mean if you'd have told me IL would have a shot at winning this league at the start of the year I'd have told you you're off your rocker. But they have as good a shot as anyone. Heck if I know who wins.

Purdue. I'd pick Minnesota with a healthy Ibrahim. But Purdue owns the tie-breaker over Minne and have a slightly easier remaining schedule. (Minne plays @ Penn St) Iowa, Illinois and even Wisconsin have a shot.

Who ever it is...will get slaughtered in Indy.

Misfit offense

Who knows maybe a couple of players will step and Iowa will make a ran at things.

Then again maybe Santa will crash his sleigh on his landing and we will all be stuck. I laughed when I visualized Brian saying a long with the toys “or a quarterback coach who don’t the first thing about throwing a football”………….. tears………LMAO……

Sometimes yah just got to laugh at bleak crap!

Last edited:
Misfit offense

Who knows maybe a couple of players will step and Iowa will make a ran at things.

Then again maybe Santa will crash his sleigh on his landing and we will all be stuck. I laughed when I visualized Brian saying a long with the toys “or a quarterback coach who don’t the first thing about throwing a football”………….. tears………LMAO……

Sometimes yah just got to laugh at bleak crap!
Or a Quarterback that can't throw a pass!
Or an Offensive line that can't block!
When XMAS day is here, the most wonderful day of the year!
1664939240844.png