Someone give me a positive spin on today

I didn't get to see the game. Not sure why my channel was blacked out yesterday. I did follow the threads.

I think this game was basically just one of those away games for a young team after a close lose and a game where Iowa didn't match up very well or didn't know how to handle the 1-3-1. Iowa will have those games.

Iowa has been playing nice bb. I doubt that this is a sign of things to come or I would be surprised if they reverted back to playing like this.

About all they and fans can do is move on to the next game and forget about this one. They are going to have some games like this....that is about it.

I didn't get to see the game. Not sure why my channel was blacked out yesterday. I did follow the threads.

I think this game was basically just one of those away games for a young team after a close lose and a game where Iowa didn't match up very well or didn't know how to handle the 1-3-1. Iowa will have those games.

Iowa has been playing nice bb. I doubt that this is a sign of things to come or I would be surprised if they reverted back to playing like this.

About all they and fans can do is move on to the next game and forget about this one. They are going to have some games like this....that is about it.

I didn't expect this Iowa team to play well and each and every game the rest of the year either, but let's not completely excuse it because "they will have games like this". Yesterday's performance was just plain horrid from start to finish, and was very disappointing that they didn't at least show a couple of flashes yesterday. It was just blech the entire game.

I thought there was a pretty good chance we wouldn't be close in this game (even with our modest but spotty recent improvement in quality of play), but I didn't think it would be this bad.

What accounts for an outing like this?

The next time Lick starts whining about home attendance again, someone ought to hand him a DVD of this game. Product quality coach, product quality.

Why try to spin it Freddy B? Just call a spade a spade.

Best thing is the game is over. Now its time to face the facts, this team isnt good, isnt even mediocre, its got a long, long way to go and at the end of the year when the W-L record is in the books it will be time to measure it up and make some decisions. It would be nice to see improvement over most, if not all, of the next games, but many like this will make it hard to believe that this program is moving forward. If Payne now sees a lot less PT, falls(or has fallen)into the doghouse, and with less PT has less chance to improve with experience, then what does that say at a very critical position for the Hawks. A lot to watch, I wish it was easier to be positive about IOWA BB.

Here are some positives from the Michigan game:

Better parking spaces available
Front row seats available
More leg room
No more que lines for concessions or rest rooms

I have a question Freddy.

Has Licked whined about a lack of attendance, or is that something you just attribute to him because others outside of the coaching staff have done so? And if he has, has he done it constantly, or just once?

I don't recall him whining about attendance. Maybe I'm wrong.

The only real positive spin i can give you, is that iowa played them almost even in the 2nd half. outscored by 2 in the 2nd half. I know it is not saying much. that first 12 minutes or so were just brutal. We can't have games where gatens, and cole are not scoring, or not scoring much at all.

Re: I have a question Freddy.

Has Licked whined about a lack of attendance, or is that something you just attribute to him because others outside of the coaching staff have done so? And if he has, has he done it constantly, or just once?

I don't recall him whining about attendance. Maybe I'm wrong.

Lick has brought up attendance many times on his postgame radio interviews. He's getting a little sarcastic about it, such as in the Ohio State postgame when Dolph tried to throw him a softball about how the crowd was great, and Lick said, "Yeah, they're great, when they're here."

I don't argue with the sentiment and I don't blame him for wanting to stimulate attendance but if I were his PR consultant I'd say worry about improving the product and if you must speak about attendance, keep it all positive. Meanwhile, send a private daily one-word e-mail to Barta: "DISCOUNT!"

When I said, "they will have games like this." Yes, there is no excuse for how they played against Michigan but up until about 5 games ago almost all of their games were like this. They have been playing nice bb lately so to slip and play a bad game on the road is to be expected I think. Hopefully, they suck it up and begin playing like they did before the MI game.

That's all I meant...

Re: I have a question Freddy.

Lick has brought up attendance many times on his postgame radio interviews. He's getting a little sarcastic about it, such as in the Ohio State postgame when Dolph tried to throw him a softball about how the crowd was great, and Lick said, "Yeah, they're great, when they're here."

I don't argue with the sentiment and I don't blame him for wanting to stimulate attendance but if I were his PR consultant I'd say worry about improving the product and if you must speak about attendance, keep it all positive. Meanwhile, send a private daily one-word e-mail to Barta: "DISCOUNT!"

There was a time, even when iowa was winning games all the time, that a ticket to an iowa basketball game was a hard get. so why not now? Indiana is not having hoosier type seasons the last two years, but their fans are there supporting their team. We need to show support our mens team, win or lose. I am beginning to think that iowa has way too many band wagon fans. where are those die hard fans, that go win or lose, just because they love their Hawks. The sad thing, i noticed yesterday at the womens game, is that there were more fans supporting the women then the men. that has never happened before. Nice job women on their win against purdue.

I am a big supporter of my hawkeyes. I not only support my men, but the women too, and the other so called non rev sports.

Latest posts