Some National Statistics For Kirk to Consider

longtimer

Iowa 129 out of 130 in total offense 2 yards ahead of Eastern Michigan and really against one very good team and 3 less than mediocre

McNamara 116 out of 124 in passing efficiency 119 out of 124 in completions per game and 120 in completion % Crazy bad offensive line ain't helping but he doesn't appear to be very good

Of course we all know our offense is a disaster and the offensive line (even though Kirk thinks is better) is really bad and things are not going to change because the Head Coach says they are not.

One stat that is a bit surprising at least to me is that we have 3 sacks in 4 games. I thought our defense would be dominant but it has not been

I really hope BF decides to resign It has to be terrible for him and his family to go through this every week and no amount of money can be worth it. I have always been a Kirk Ferentz fan but the game seems to have passed him by and this would be a good year to hang it up

Iowa 129 out of 130 in total offense 2 yards ahead of Eastern Michigan and really against one very good team and 3 less than mediocre

McNamara 116 out of 124 in passing efficiency 119 out of 124 in completions per game and 120 in completion % Crazy bad offensive line ain't helping but he doesn't appear to be very good

Of course we all know our offense is a disaster and the offensive line (even though Kirk thinks is better) is really bad and things are not going to change because the Head Coach says they are not.

One stat that is a bit surprising at least to me is that we have 3 sacks in 4 games. I thought our defense would be dominant but it has not been

I really hope BF decides to resign It has to be terrible for him and his family to go through this every week and no amount of money can be worth it. I have always been a Kirk Ferentz fan but the game seems to have passed him by and this would be a good year to hang it up

Wow...............just wow! That's bad. Nice post.

I get it that the total points scored in 4 games is 85, but the offense has only scored 76 of those points. Does BF get credit for the points scored on defense??? His offense is averaging 19 points per game.

What's terrible is as bad as we've been offensively we just discovered an entirely different level of offensive suckability. Saturday we had as many turnovers (4) as we did first downs. I never dreamed we'd ever fall that low and I'll admit my expectations were never that high to begin with.

What's terrible is as bad as we've been offensively we just discovered an entirely different level of offensive suckability. Saturday we had as many turnovers (4) as we did first downs. I never dreamed we'd ever fall that low and I'll admit my expectations were never that high to begin with.
So, Iowa really only had 29 offensive plays (less the 4 fumbles). Iowa only had the ball 14 minutes compared to Penn. St. 45 minutes.

That does not tell the full story, because fully half of our first downs came in garbage time. We had TWO first downs against their first team defense with our first team offense. TWO. Through over 50 minutes of game time.
Great point. Your perspective makes it look even worse. Which I'll congradulate on the fact I didn't think it could possibly look worse.

Last edited: