Some may not care to hear this...

If Michigan or Nebraska win out, they will likely be in BCS Top 14 and eligible for an at large pick.

SEC: 2
Big 12: 2
ACC: 1
Big East: 1
non-AQ: 1
Big Ten: 1
Pac 12: 1

1 more available

ACC & Big East are not getting two. So it comes from either the Big Ten or Pac 12. Oregon wins the Pac 12 title game. I can only see them getting two if Stanford gets to #4 in the final BCS poll at 11-1 (wont have to play in title game).

If Stanford not #4, and Nebraska-Michigan winner gets to 10-2 and in top 14, the Big Ten is getting two.[/QUOTE

So if Winner of Nebraska Mich games wins out. People think Big Ten gets Michigan Big ten champ and what a three loss Wisky team over Standford ?? very very long shot that the big ten gets two.

BCS
Standford and Sec team maybe two non aq's before big ten gets two.

So if Winner of Nebraska Mich games wins out. People think Big Ten gets Michigan Big ten champ and what a three loss Wisky team over Standford ?? very very long shot that the big ten gets two.

BCS
Standford and Sec team maybe two non aq's before big ten gets two.

whoa...let's see if I can translate.

If Mich or Nebraska win out, they are not gonna be playing in the Big Ten title game...Michigan State will. So one of them may get to be 10-2 without having the risk of losing another game, and be in the final Top 14. Then one of MSU or Wisconsin gets the Rose Bowl bid.

whoa...let's see if I can translate.

If Mich or Nebraska win out, they are not gonna be playing in the Big Ten title game...Michigan State will. So one of them may get to be 10-2 without having the risk of losing another game, and be in the final Top 14. Then one of MSU or Wisconsin gets the Rose Bowl bid.

So the first and third place team in the big ten get in over Standford ? Really ? I assumed the original post meant Mich St loses somewhere. No shot the BCS takes Mich or Neb as a third place big ten team. Over Standford or a couple other schools for that matter.

So the first and third place team in the big ten get in over Standford ? Really ? I assumed the original post meant Mich St loses somewhere. No shot the BCS takes Mich or Neb as a third place big ten team. Over Standford or a couple other schools for that matter.

The BCS is 100% capable of taking Michigan and Nebraska over Stanford. Michigan and Nebraska would travel triple the amount of fans compared to Stanford. The amount of fans coming to the game make up about 85% of the BCS selection process.

The BCS is 100% capable of taking Michigan and Nebraska over Stanford. Michigan and Nebraska would travel triple the amount of fans compared to Stanford. The amount of fans coming to the game make up about 85% of the BCS selection process.

Yeah the Big ten is the only teams that travel. Standford has no fan base neither does Clemson or Virgina Tech. This they take the team that travels better is for the smaller bowl games. One could argue Boise and Houston belong before Neb/Mich.

Somehow, a bowl game just doesn't sound really thrilling right now, especially when you talk about losing the last two games. Jon, how about lobbying for an infusion of new blood into the coaching staff and thinking about the future?

Iowa at 6-6 doesn't deserve to go to the Gator bowl, but we'll take it. And hopefully the extra experiance will help rolling into next year. Any bowl game would be better than Detroit.

Do they take 8-4 Penn State? I don't know...does the sponsor want Penn State? not cut and dried...if Gator doesn't take Penn State, they choose from (my projections) 6-6 Iowa, losing last three, 7-5 Illinois, losers in 5 of last six, 6-6 NW or 7-5 Purdue.

Not crazy to think the Gator could choose Iowa there...and they would be within their rights to do so.

Will have the entire write up tomorrow night after the BCS rankings come out

What about the rule that states a bowl must pick all 7-win teams before 6-win teams may be picked? Does that start with certain bowls in the pecking order?

The BCS is a disaster and adding another game did not help. Wisky and MSU are the only teams that should be in the BCS conversation, period. Anything else would be a joke. Not saying it won't happen, but not looking forward to it.

i'll take any bowl. we're going to need all the practice we can get or we're going to be in this same position next year.

It only helps the B1G to have two teams in the BCS. The Hawks are mediocre anyway, why not? I only hope we can figure out a way to win on the road next week.

If Michigan or Nebraska win out, they will likely be in BCS Top 14 and eligible for an at large pick.

SEC: 2
Big 12: 2
ACC: 1
Big East: 1
non-AQ: 1
Big Ten: 1
Pac 12: 1

1 more available

ACC & Big East are not getting two. So it comes from either the Big Ten or Pac 12. Oregon wins the Pac 12 title game. I can only see them getting two if Stanford gets to #4 in the final BCS poll at 11-1 (wont have to play in title game).

If Stanford not #4, and Nebraska-Michigan winner gets to 10-2 and in top 14, the Big Ten is getting two.

The Big east shouldn't even get one. There should be some type a clause that even if you win your conference, you should be within the top 15 of the BCS.

What about the rule that states a bowl must pick all 7-win teams before 6-win teams may be picked? Does that start with certain bowls in the pecking order?

That rule is gone. Last year a 8-4 Temple sat at home with no bowl bid.

But these BCS bowls are going to sell out regardless if Stanford or Nebraska/Michigan get taken, right? Stanford may not have a big fan base but they have a wealthy one. With Luck I would think Stanford would be a much bigger TV draw.

Assuming NW & Purdue get to eligibility...
If you are one of these lesser bowls, and your choices include those two & Iowa, typically I think Iowa is probably the easy choice due to fan base. But I think what actually may happen is NW/Purdue fan bases will be energized & excited to go to ANY bowl, where Iowa fans could not care less about it. More fans probably making plans for next years opener in Chicago honestly.

Purdue especially.

If the Gator bowl picked a 6-6 Iowa over 7-5 Purdue or 8-4 PSU, those people should be fired. That's just ridiculously stupid.

All Jon is saying is that the Gator Bowl COULD pick the Hawks. I think we still win one more- and even then we still go to the Ticket City Bowl, MAYBE Texas Bowl in Houston.

We play very well in Bowls in Texas, plus Texas Bowl Games preceded two of the best three year runs runs in Iowa Football! Time for another three year cycle anyways!

Latest posts