Some may not care to hear this...

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Putting Big Ten bowl projections together...

Thinking Big Ten still has a decent shot at a two up...winner of Nebraska-Michigan game, if it wins its final game will be 10-2 and won't have to play in title game...if that happens, the Gator pick will be real interesting.

Do they take 8-4 Penn State? I don't know...does the sponsor want Penn State? not cut and dried...if Gator doesn't take Penn State, they choose from (my projections) 6-6 Iowa, losing last three, 7-5 Illinois, losers in 5 of last six, 6-6 NW or 7-5 Purdue.

Not crazy to think the Gator could choose Iowa there...and they would be within their rights to do so.

Will have the entire write up tomorrow night after the BCS rankings come out

B10 is going to get murdered if they get 2 teams into the BCS...that moves the entirety of the mediocre subsection up one level in the bowl hierarchy. It'd be much better if only Wisconsin made it...

It's b-ball season JD.;)

Who the hell knows with this team. They may shock us all and win the last 2. Doubtful.

Big10 isn't getting two

If Michigan or Nebraska win out, they will likely be in BCS Top 14 and eligible for an at large pick.

SEC: 2
Big 12: 2
ACC: 1
Big East: 1
non-AQ: 1
Big Ten: 1
Pac 12: 1

1 more available

ACC & Big East are not getting two. So it comes from either the Big Ten or Pac 12. Oregon wins the Pac 12 title game. I can only see them getting two if Stanford gets to #4 in the final BCS poll at 11-1 (wont have to play in title game).

If Stanford not #4, and Nebraska-Michigan winner gets to 10-2 and in top 14, the Big Ten is getting two.

If Michigan or Nebraska win out, they will likely be in BCS Top 14 and eligible for an at large pick.

1 more available

ACC & Big East are not getting two. So it comes from either the Big Ten or Pac 12. Oregon wins the Pac 12 title game. I can only see them getting two if Stanford gets to #4 in the final BCS poll at 11-1 (wont have to play in title game).

If Stanford not #4, and Nebraska-Michigan winner gets to 10-2 and in top 14, the Big Ten is getting two.

I think the Andrew Luck TV draw would be enough to get Stanford selected ahead of Nebraska or Michigan. I think more likely is Oklahoma beating OkSt and the Cowboys getting left out because they have zero fanbase.

I think the Andrew Luck TV draw would be enough to get Stanford selected ahead of Nebraska or Michigan. I think more likely is Oklahoma beating OkSt and the Cowboys getting left out because they have zero fanbase.

Michigan and Nebraska would travel record numbers to a BCS game....that carries more weight than Andrew Luck

Michigan and Nebraska would travel record numbers to a BCS game....that carries more weight than Andrew Luck

You're probably right. One thing that is potentially very intriguing is the possibility of OU-Nebraska in the Fiesta Bowl. If OSU beats OU, then the BCS selection order is likely to be Sugar, Fiesta, Fiesta, Sugar, Orange. I can't see the Fiesta Bowl passing on reuniting historic rivals.

1 more available

Perhaps but that's contingent on those teams winning out which I think the odds are against.

Latest posts