So ... what if the Big10 was interested in talking to Mizzou?

bws258

Any here who doesn't think Mizzou would leave the SEC at the altar if the Big10 called?

Mizzou wants a Big 10 invite, I don't think that's a secret. Some think that there are still talks going on behind the scenes. I don't believe that as Missouri would most likely only be considered if ND came with.
One theory could be that if Missou leaves the Big 12, the Big 12 raids the Big East to go to 12, basketball schools form a league without ND, and ND is forced to join Big 10. My opinion is that dispite all of the money ND could make in the Big 10, they are going to do anything and everything to stay independent in football for as long as possible. Therefore, the Big 10 is done expanding until this changes.

I think the big questions that I have are, "If Missouri joins the SEC and the Big Ten decides several months/years later to reopen expansion, would Mizzou be an option? If so, would they be willing to leave the SEC to join the Big Ten at that point?"

I think the answers are maybe and maybe.

I think the big questions that I have are, "If Missouri joins the SEC and the Big Ten decides several months/years later to reopen expansion, would Mizzou be an option? If so, would they be willing to leave the SEC to join the Big Ten at that point?"

I think the answers are maybe and maybe.

If that is the question then I think that depends on what (if any) the SEC buyout is (I heard they didn't have one because nobody wants to leave, not sure if true or not,) and how successful they are in the SEC. I think they will struggle to get 6 wins every year in that conference. I would guess that from an acedemic standpoint, Missouri would much rather be in the Big 10, so all things considered, I would guess the Big 10 could probably talk them into coming if they ever really wanted them

Missouri has wanted into the Big 10 for the better part of 20 years. They would come in a New York minute. That being said, I don't believe it will happen.

Get over it. The Big Ten has absolutely no interest in Missouri.

A move by Missouri to the SEC is stupid. Missouri's athletic budget would be the 11th largest in the SEC behind only the Mississippi schools & Vanderbilt. The Tigers will make more in the SEC & still be undercapitalized. How does that create financial security?

Financial fit?

Kansas' chances of being admitted to the Big Ten are only slightly better than Coe's or Wartburg's.

That may be, but I'd still like to see it. Was I not clear?

Completely regardless of whether it makes sense to the rest of the league, it'd be cool for me because those would be short road trips for me, and new/natural rivals for the Hawkeyes.

Last edited:
That may be, but I'd still like to see it. Was I not clear?

Completely regardless of whether it makes sense to the rest of the league, it'd be cool for me because those would be short road trips for me, and new/natural rivals for the Hawkeyes.

Yeah, I'd like Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Miami (Ohio) & Toledo for the same reason. I could be parked, tailgating & having a beer in less than two hours. Oh, I forgot Akron & Ohio University.

Give me economic reasons!

People can give up the ND to Big Ten dream. If they decide on a conference, it'll be the ACC.

I don't think ND is going anywhere anytime soon, but if they had to join a conference, I think the Big 10 would have as much or more of a chance than the ACC to land them. The Big 10 is a better geographic and academic fit.

Yeah, I'd like Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Miami (Ohio) & Toledo for the same reason. I could be parked, tailgating & having a beer in less than two hours. Oh, I forgot Akron & Ohio University.

Give me economic reasons!

you forgot Kent St ... but those schools aren't in the AAU ... MU and KU are

as for economics, all I got is StL & KC ... plus KU basketball is a ticket-seller and needle-mover

Last edited:
I like Kansas also, Big Ten basketball could use a shot in the arm and Kansas is just the program to do it.

But unfortunately football is what pays the bills so it will never happen.

yEeH0.gif

Keep dreaming. Although everyone and their mothers thinks the B12 is going to collapse. The truth is that everyone who wanted out is already gone minus Missouri, who doesn't even have much leverage anyway.

The B1G will always be a balls awful BBall conference.

yEeH0.gif

Keep dreaming. Although everyone and their mothers thinks the B12 is going to collapse. The truth is that everyone who wanted out is already gone minus Missouri, who doesn't even have much leverage anyway.

The B1G will always be a balls awful BBall conference.[/QUOTE
Really?
Tom Izzo and how many Final Fours say otherwise.

Latest posts