So ... what if the Big10 was interested in talking to Mizzou?

Ironic that people think its so intriguing to expand and add new teams that are "natural" rivals....at the expense of playing teams we've been playing for a century less often. Illinois would make a nice rival for Iowa if we ever played them.

Ironic that people think its so intriguing to expand and add new teams that are "natural" rivals....at the expense of playing teams we've been playing for a century less often. Illinois would make a nice rival for Iowa if we ever played them.

Agreed. So would Wisconsin. :)

1. The Big 10 requires a university to belong to a special association. Kansas may not currently be a member of this association.

2. The Kansas legislature did pass a law a few years ago...requires Kansas & Kansas State to be in the same conference

1. The Big 10 requires a university to belong to a special association. Kansas may not currently be a member of this association.

2. The Kansas legislature did pass a law a few years ago...requires Kansas & Kansas State to be in the same conference

Not that it matters, because Kansas won't be invited to the Big 10, but I think during this lastest Big 12 meltdown it was determined that KU and KSU were NOT tied together.

Since I grew up in the QCA, and 1/2 my Dad's family were Illannoy fans, they are the number 1 rival as far as I am concerned ... but I have given up on convincing anyone here of this fact

That's why the Big 10 isn't panicking. They have a list of teams they can get no matter what conference they're in. We nabbed Nebraska, one of the most tradition-laden teams in the nation from the relationships they've had for over 100 years.

If the Big 10 wants Mizzou they'll get them. SEC member or not.

Get over it. The Big Ten has absolutely no interest in Missouri.

A move by Missouri to the SEC is stupid. Missouri's athletic budget would be the 11th largest in the SEC behind only the Mississippi schools & Vanderbilt. The Tigers will make more in the SEC & still be undercapitalized. How does that create financial security?

Financial fit?

I love the analogy to the Midwest exec that takes a pay raise to move to NYC, and then realizes his quality of life wen tdown due ot the cost. the travel alone for Mizzou will drive them into the ground. Especially when the Alabamas of the SEC make them go to the East.

Latest posts