So tired of Ferentz ball

One day the money men will step up and get this taken care of. But Barta and KF are great salesmen and glad handers and ass kissers. So that wont happen.

They are not going anywhere soon. This thread has been posted almost every year for as long as I have been a member here. And, unfortunately, we do not have a say in the future of the football coaching staff.

The best thing that will happen is that KF will retire, BF gets promoted, Polesak becomes OC and we hire a real O line coach. Thats the best case scenario, boys. Sad as that sounds, this is our future.

The best thing that will happen is that KF will retire, BF gets promoted, Polesak becomes OC and we hire a real O line coach. Thats the best case scenario, boys. Sad as that sounds, this is our future.
That’s been said before. It’s just dumb.
That’s not the best thing that can happen.

Moving an incompetent OC and OL up a notch doesn’t negate the incompetence; it enhances it.

That’s been said before. It’s just dumb.
That’s not the best thing that can happen.

Moving an incompetent OC and OL up a notch doesn’t negate the incompetence; it enhances it.

Yep. You know that and I know that, but Gary Barta isnt going to do anything different. This is where we are unless something drastic happens. Like we lose the rest of the games this season. But that just get Polesak fired. BF isnt going anywhere.

I just wish that KF had a sense of urgency. He will waste games, even seasons before making adjustments. Mark my words, we will see something in 2 or 3 weeks and wonder why they couldn’t figure that out at halftime of the Michigan game.

I just wish that KF had a sense of urgency. He will waste games, even seasons before making adjustments. Mark my words, we will see something in 2 or 3 weeks and wonder why they couldn’t figure that out at halftime of the Michigan game.

And then it will promptly be put back on the shelf. But that magic will be enough to get us to 7-5 and have us walking around with a swagger when we kick some ass in Poulan Weedeater Bowl.

Wisconsin is stale too. They've been running the same plays for the last decade+ but they win.

Sorry, but that is impossible. If they are stale and unpredictable, they would now be mediocre.
Disagree? Cannot. That is why, according to many on this board, that Iowa does not win more games. Recruit better, Iowa.

They don't use our obsolete blocking scheme. So they've had a much better running game for many, many years now.

I certainly agree that our O line looks to be in disrepair. But, your argument that our blocking scheme is obsolete is without merit. The NFL coaches, note the Packers and several others, run the same scheme as Iowa.

Sorry, but that is impossible. If they are stale and unpredictable, they would now be mediocre.
Disagree? Cannot. That is why, according to many on this board, that Iowa does not win more games. Recruit better, Iowa.
Wisconsin demands results and excellence, Iowa doesn't, there is your answer.

I don't think the overall roster talent is a problem. Iowa has had some talent teams by their standards the last 3 years.

This anemic and disjointed line play is a puzzle to me, when you consider that coaching an offensive line is the strength (supposedly) of KF. What is going on?
Because son brian, former center, is calling plays and running the offense. Meanwhile, polasek, who was a great coordinator at ndsu but has never coached an offensive line...yeah...a ferentz move all the way

Latest posts