So...NOW where are you?

NCHawker

Plot yourself over the last year.

CPjYBb4WwAErRmy.png:large

Well the last few years have been the whole rollercoaster/sine waveform.

I was barely optimistic before game 1, more optimistic after game 1. First half of Iowa State game left me wondering but then CJ et al got me excited and optimistic. The Pitt game was excitement and a thrilling finish.

Euphoria will not set in until they clinch the West Division but I think a lot of excitement and thrilling play is yet to come.

I became quite optimistic round about January. And that's saying something because I'm a fairly cynical SOB.

Well the last few years have been the whole rollercoaster/sine waveform.

I was barely optimistic before game 1, more optimistic after game 1. First half of Iowa State game left me wondering but then CJ et al got me excited and optimistic. The Pitt game was excitement and a thrilling finish.

Euphoria will not set in until they clinch the West Division but I think a lot of excitement and thrilling play is yet to come.

Oooooooo! Math-speak! ;)

I am on hope right now, but a win at Wisconsin would give me a violent shove past relief and into optimism.

Every year I try and give the team a chance to show me what there made of, I said before season if things came together without any major injuries we could go 10-2. Now that we're 3-0 I'm optimistic that it could be a very good year.

I would say at the end of last season with the way everything went down I was in Despair. Now I'd say that I am hopeful and optimistic at the same time. Hopeful that what we've seen so far can translate once the Big Ten Season Starts, Optimistic that we could indeed compete for a Big Ten West Division Title!

Hope.

I stated a couple weeks ago that 2-0 wouldn't move the needle much for me, and that I'd probably want to see how things look in October before being too judgmental either way, so I'm sticking to that.

So we're 3-0. I'm getting closer, but remain cautiously optimistic. 4-0 looks like a given. If Iowa gets to 5-0 and wins in Madison, though, then I'll drop the "cautiously" and be fully optimistic.

That doesn't mean Iowa MUST win in Madison for it to be a good year, though. Nothing wrong with 11-1. ;)

Last edited:
I'm probably at "excitement" right now. It's not the fact that we're 3-0, which is awesome in and of itself. But it's the WAY we've played during those 3 games. We've managed, in 3 games, to break about 15 years worth of tendencies. We've found a playmaker at QB that we really haven't had since 2004. We're being aggressive in places we should be aggressive. We're hitting hard, guys are playing with what seems to be a great deal of enthusiasm, we seem to have developed a really good leadership group, and the guys genuinely seem to like each other.

I know the West will be a dogfight, but if we can keep up the type of play we've been seeing, the record will take care of itself. We could go 7-5, but if it's a 7-5 where we are emptying every chamber in the gun and playing like our hair was on fire, but just didn't quite have the talent to win....I'm okay with that. Just get back to playing Hawkeye football, like they seem to be doing, and the rest will take care of itself.

I don't mean to be a Debbie downer but I am sill lets wait and see. Yes we have a pretty solid QB and a heck of a kicker. There is a better attitude amongst the players then in the years past. At his point tough I still see that same style of KF football. The same that has taken Iowa to great heights, and also some pretty low lows.

Still waiting to see a more explosive D. Would have liked to see them try at least one blitz on Pitts last drive in the red zone. Then again I don't get paid to coach football...I'm just a guy on a message board ;)

All and all I will get really pumped about Iowa football when they get o 8-0. I still think this is an 8 win team which is two games higher then I thought they would be...so a little excited.

After the last couple of years, I was in a downward spiral about the Hawkeyes. It was like there was no heart in the team. Now they have it again. This year's Hawkeye's may not win all their games. But they will go down swinging. And isn't that what we want?

Latest posts