So...NOW where are you?

After that game and seeing the intensity of that crowd, it's a no brainier. Hands down "Excitement" for me!! This team, that schedule and winning like THAT seriously that's a recipe that makes for special seasons!!

Fasten them seat-belts boys and girls this could get really good!!

GO HAWKS!!!!!

Still wait and see. We are better than last year, and we have CJ to thank for that. But I still see a lot of the same tendencies from years past that bite us. The difference this year.....CJ and special teams.

CJ won us that ISU game. CJ, King, and Koehn won us the Pitt game.

Our defense is playing better, but we still don't get much of a pass rush, or we didn't against Pitt. I cannot remember a game where we actually STOPPED an offense on 4th down with the game on the line. Maybe we have, but it just seems like if it's 3rd and long, 4th and long.....the other team is automatic in converting it.

This feels more like the 2009 team, not in talent, but maybe in fortune. Our schedule is incredibly soft, so having gamers like CJ, Smith, and King might be enough to get us to that 9-10 win mark.

Pitt was a decent team, but we also had the emotion of Greenwood, a night game behind us. Will we be able to dial up that intensity against WI or NE?

And we still have Greg Davis.

Flashes of optimism that are quickly dashed remembering who our coach is. I can't help but think there will be one or two games lost solely on some awful coaching decisions.

Surprisingly though, I haven't seen the typical comedy of errors perpetuated by this staff.................................yet. Keep it up kirk the chameleon!

Still wait and see. We are better than last year, and we have CJ to thank for that. But I still see a lot of the same tendencies from years past that bite us. The difference this year.....CJ and special teams.

CJ won us that ISU game. CJ, King, and Koehn won us the Pitt game.

Our defense is playing better, but we still don't get much of a pass rush, or we didn't against Pitt. I cannot remember a game where we actually STOPPED an offense on 4th down with the game on the line. Maybe we have, but it just seems like if it's 3rd and long, 4th and long.....the other team is automatic in converting it.

This feels more like the 2009 team, not in talent, but maybe in fortune. Our schedule is incredibly soft, so having gamers like CJ, Smith, and King might be enough to get us to that 9-10 win mark.

Pitt was a decent team, but we also had the emotion of Greenwood, a night game behind us. Will we be able to dial up that intensity against WI or NE?

And we still have Greg Davis.

Same tendencies? How do you figure?

Fake field goals, rugby punts, 5 wide empty backfield on 3rd and 1, drive for winning score in under a minute, guards and center pulling on running plays instead of exclusively zone, designed QB draws, screen passes to shifty RB, using the middle of the field on pass plays, blitzed the he!! out of Iowa State, punter with a 50yd avg, going for the TD on the first 4th down of the year (and making it)......I think in 3 games we've destroyed every tendency we've had in the last 15 years. If you aren't seeing that, then I'm not sure what to say.

It really shows where Iowa is as a program when we all get excited when we are 3-0 having played nobody. Hats off to the Hayden era when we started every season 4-0, ranked, leading the nation in rushing and top 10 in defense. Unless we start scheduling ranked opponents like all other teams with eyes on the prize we should always be 4-0 period.

"Excited" for football ... "Euphoria" for basketball because Tyler Cook just announced on Twitter he is a Hawk. Go Hawks.

We're 3 games in, one against an FCS team and one against the clones. Things look one hell of a lot better than last year... but give it some more time.

I'm in between hope and relief. There is a lot of season left and these hawks will not be given any wins easily. (except this weekend)

Same tendencies? How do you figure?

Fake field goals, rugby punts, 5 wide empty backfield on 3rd and 1, drive for winning score in under a minute, guards and center pulling on running plays instead of exclusively zone, designed QB draws, screen passes to shifty RB, using the middle of the field on pass plays, blitzed the he!! out of Iowa State, punter with a 50yd avg, going for the TD on the first 4th down of the year (and making it)......I think in 3 games we've destroyed every tendency we've had in the last 15 years. If you aren't seeing that, then I'm not sure what to say.

I don't see the middle of the field passes as frequently as you do, I've seen a few slants, but primarily I see the out patterns and the quick out to Vandeburg. I would love to see more TE seam passes, and more of the above mentioned slant routes. But this could be more lack of talent in our WR corp

We haven't thrown deep too many times, albeit the few times we have....we've connected. I'm not wanting us to throw deep every play....but I still think teams are, and will play us close. It might be why our running game has struggled a bit to get going. We've had some nice bursts, but our RB are also injury prone so we have to be real careful in how we use them (Has Daniels ever made it through an entire game yet?)

While it's nice that we've attempted a few fakes, I'll be happier when they actually work. But agree, it's at least given the opposing teams SOMETHING to think about. And honestly, that's better than nothing.

I still don't like the close games ALL the time. ISU was close until the final 2 minutes. Pitt came down to the last drive. And yes, KF decided to go for the win, but I'll know he's really changed when he does it on the road and in a game that means something (WI would be a good indicator of how far we've come).

I have seem improvements on the staff. Are they enough? I don't know. I'm waiting till we get into Big10 play. Remember 2011 when we ran the no huddle offense and blew out Pitt in the 4th Quarter....we all thought we found something. Then Big10 conference started, and we were back to huddle up.

The major difference this year is not the staff, it's CJ. We are 1-2 with Jake at the helm, even with the scheme adjustments.