So let me get this straight...

GoHawks24

Beathard is a better passer based on the 3 passes that we saw him throw yesterday? That's such a representative body of work for all of the scouts up in here to judge off of. Lol.

Don't get me wrong, the guy looked good in the limited action he had, but it's just hilarious how ridiculous some Hawkeye fans can be. "He's definitely a better passer after those 3 passes I saw him throw yesterday in mop-up duty...". Give me a break.

I think what I like most about both qbs is their composure. Beathard got mop up duty but he did a nice job and he did what was asked. That is all you hope for. I like Jake because he really seems to know how to manage the game.

I think what I like most about both qbs is their composure. Beathard got mop up duty but he did a nice job and he did what was asked. That is all you hope for. I like Jake because he really seems to know how to manage the game.

Totally agree with you. I wasn't trying to complain about either of their play, just poking fun at some of the expert scout posters around here.

Beathard is a better passer based on the 3 passes that we saw him throw yesterday? That's such a representative body of work for all of the scouts up in here to judge off of. Lol.

I haven't read where anyone has stated Beathard is a better passer than Rudock. I think Rudock is a better fit for the pro style offense KF prefers and I think Beathard is a better fit for a more run oriented read option offense. Again, I haven't read anyone saying Beathard is better than Rudock.

I haven't read where anyone has stated Beathard is a better passer than Rudock. I think Rudock is a better fit for the pro style offense KF prefers and I think Beathard is a better fit for a more run oriented read option offense. Again, I haven't read anyone saying Beathard is better than Rudock.

I don't think we can make that determination. Rudock can move just as well as Beathard; C.J. is just a little thicker.

Beathard looked solid and has a very nice deep ball, which I liked to see. But I've been very impressed with Rudock thus far. I also loved that we didn't just hand the ball off when we subbed out. Beathard got to run a few pass plays, and even several read-option plays. We gave him (and all the other backups) some legitimate reps, the kind that might actually pay dividends if they're pressed into service at some point this year.

interesting, I'll listen next week. I opted out after a segment - too many commercials and too easy to lose interest.

And Behtard is a better passer / stronger arm and quicker release and better timeing but that does not make him a better QB - at least yet. And we'll not likely find out unless Rudock is injured.

If the hawks ever need a spark, KF will pull the playrs togetther and tell them to execute.

Yes 3 passes is more then enough, remember how good McCall was after 6 carries? Same thing here

I think we'll regret be allowed a taste of what's on the bench. I'll bet anything, when we're down against Minnesota next week, Kurt will keep Beathard, Powell, and Canzeri on the bench, and keep with the same old run Weisman, run Weisman, drop back pass to a covered receiver, incomplete, Kornbrath punt. Wouldn't surprise me if all three transfer after this season.

That's still three more passes than us professional scouts had to use to evaluate how much better the the back-up QB was compared to JVB last year. :)

Don't get me wrong, the guy looked good in the limited action he had, but it's just hilarious how ridiculous some Hawkeye fans can be. "He's definitely a better passer after those 3 passes I saw him throw yesterday in mop-up duty...". Give me a break.
Ok-Take a break

Beathard appears to throw a better deep ball than Riddick. That's all we can ascertain from comparative in-game playing time.

Well Podalack said he has a stronger arm and quicker release but that does not mean he's a better QB. So there. If ed sed it then that's enough. And if Jon said it too. then I'll bow and agree.

We're here to echo the big voices

6a00e54efa022688330120a5b8d144970b-320wi

CJ played really well in the time he got on Saturday. He obviously has a stronger arm and a pretty good touch on that deep ball but Rudock has done nothing to take away the starting job from him. Rudock is the better game manager and has all the intangibles that you want in a QB. CJ just has a higher ceiling.

We should just be thankful that we have a backup that when we put him in there isn't a large drop in talent. We haven't had that in years.

Beathard has, IMO, 2 better qualities than Rudock at the QB position: (1) Runs the ball better. (2) Has more zip on the ball.. IOW, he offers more offense for Iowa's offense..

Beathard has, IMO, 2 better qualities than Rudock at the QB position: (1) Runs the ball better. (2) Has more zip on the ball.. IOW, he offers more offense for Iowa's offense..

Based on what? The fact that they finished with the exact same rushing total and average (4 carries, 30 yards each), or that Beathard tripped over his own feet when no one was near him?

Beathard can run. I won't deny that. But I haven't seen anything to suggest he's any better than Rudock in that department.

Everyone is forgetting that CJ has 1 more holding penalty on the year than Rudock too. Actually, CJ may hold the all-time Iowa record for holding penalties committed by a QB lol.

I still think that was one of the funnier things on the day. Love that he was downfield blocking, although not sure I'd want our starting QB doing that...

Based on what? The fact that they finished with the exact same rushing total and average (4 carries, 30 yards each), or that Beathard tripped over his own feet when no one was near him?

Beathard can run. I won't deny that. But I haven't seen anything to suggest he's any better than Rudock in that department.

Based on the fact Beathard looked very comfortable and confident with the read option and Rudock doesn't. I cannot recall, of the few times Rudock has run the read option, that he looked comfortable or natural doing it. Beathard does. And, the turf monster gets everyone. Most people have experienced slightly stubbing a toe while just walking. When you do it while you're running, you're likely to fall down.

Latest posts