so it is the OL or the HB rotation?

Run blocking is above avg. Rb vision and cutbacks are below avg...mix in stacked box...well...

Oline is not the issue.

.Did you also like Daniels whiffing on a blitz pickup that got Jake drilled from the blind size.

Daniels has a ton of potential and appears to have a few raw tools MW doesn't. He's getting more reps, and should, but can we please stop pretending that MW and/or Canzeri are not our current most productive options.

3 back rotation is fine. 4-5 is too many.

Board summary, CJ is our best qb option and MW is just a FB. Ugh.

He's young. They all go thru growing pains when learning to block well. You can teach that. You can't teach raw talent, especially at RB. So what, never play the guy again and waste that talent because he biffed it on a blitz!?? C'mon now.

It looked to me like if Iowa had run a counter or a RB had pulled off a cutback we would of had some huge runs. Whole defense was flowing to the run side a lot with no backside contain.

We haven't seen a lot of counter runs this year as of yet. I noticed that too. Those are a staple for KF run games. I suspect they will be coming down the road. They should be.

No reason Parker shouldn't see snaps again, the kid had a bad game and hopefully he learns from it. Let's not kid ourselves, he has skills and fans will be singing his praises soon enough. Now, onto the RB situation. I agree, let someone get into the flow and see what happens. Now if it's short yardage, no brainer for bring in Weisman. We'll get it figured out.

To the OP ... a great question. I think it's a little bit of both ... I find it concerning when Kirk makes comments about the Ball State run defense ... like they had some magical solution to not allow us to run the ball. Same goes for UNI ... Somehow they stopped our running game AND our long-ball potential ...

#1 ... Stop with the "variety pack" rotation. My two cents ... Make Canzeri your #1 ... and Daniels #2 ... Use Weisman in short-yardage ...
#2 ... OLine does need to get better at the run blocking. Watched recording of the game and many, many times our guys were just not holding blocks long enough or they were just not in the right position ...

Sort of the chicken or the egg ... We have thrown the ball much, much more than any Iowa team to start the season ... So maybe our guys are still working out the run-block?

I don't know but the one thing that seems to come through ... is that Kirk and Davis don't seem (just my two cents) to be fully on the same page when it comes to this offense ... I mean, what is our identity? 3 yards and a cloud of dust? ... 3 yards on a quick slant? ... Kirk doesn't seem to know ... If UNI and Ball State are able to devise master plans on defense it concerns me when we get to Big 10 play.