So I have a wedding to attend on September 19th.....

Ive been to three games at MSU all losses. The game that I miss to be in my friends wedding.....7 got 6.

Get more friends, introduce them to women, then volunteer to be in all of their weddings - provided they take place on saturdays in the fall.

My Hawks aren't an episode of Game of Thrones.... Sports are meant to be watched live. I don't want to hear about it before I see it.

A little bit before you leave drink a bunch of Visine so you get diarrhea and have to stay home. You can watch the game. Granted you will have the runs but for most weddings I have been to it is an even trade.

A little bit before you leave drink a bunch of Visine so you get diarrhea and have to stay home. You can watch the game. Granted you will have the runs but for most weddings I have been to it is an even trade.

So, that's how I can get rid of my belly fat and regain my 6 pack abs............Thanks Toez....;)

The bride is a Northern Illinois fan but her husband and his family are Iowa fans. She planned the wedding at 4pm on September 19th thinking Iowa played at 11am that day like they do a lot. Well this backfired nobody is happy. Official invites went out last week and the wedding is at a State Park 1 hour away to boot, meaning there probably will not be a TV with access to cable/sat. This is friend of my wife's but she's in the "I have to go so you do to" vain. She's as let down as I am about the time but it is was it is. Maybe we can leave early from the reception and catch the 2nd half.

Just another reason why fall weddings are a bad idea.
At this point I think you have grounds for a divorce. Of course I'm kidding but like another poster said it's time for the dvr. I run into this problem once or twice every fall. Obligations get in the way. It's well worth the extra $11.00 month for the dvr. The hard part is trying to keep from hearing the score on the way home. No radio, no phone calls and no stops anywhere on the way home.

I would be content to listen to it on the radio. Many FM stations carry the broadcasts now. If you must watch it, I've seen some campers that are die hard Iowa fans just setup a satellite and TV hooked up to a generator. As long as you have a power source and can get the satellite dish aimed properly it works. You don't need an extra receiver or anything, just take the box you have at home with you. Getting an extra dish to setup might be a challenge though.

My favorite part about idiots who schedule things during stupid times is when they say "well if someone doesn't want to come they don't have to". But by the tone of their voice they're already mad at the mear thought of someone being upset that they scheduled something at a time that will pi$$ people off.

Yeah, but at that point in their relationship they are still pretty convinced it's a "special day". Wait till they hit the 17 year mark...it's special alright.

I know it's on BTN because I'm in Chicago that weekend dropping my daughter off for college. I'm so tempted to drive to Iowa City on a whim. Since we live on the West Coast...right now the schedule for Saturday is for us to buy the stuff she will need for her dorm room (bedding, bookcases, etc). The better question for this forum, is how do I get out of that stuff? I don't need the "commitment to our children" speech from the ball and chain.

Right now the plan is to "tell her I need to take a business phone call around 3:00pm, go to the hotel lobby, walk to the car rental, and not come back until about 2:00am." It's all I got right now.

Where is your daughter going to college? Does she, um, need any mentoring?

Guys, let's be honest here. There are years where it would be unacceptable to schedule something during a non-con Iowa game, but I just don't think this is one of those years. 2005 was, and we crapped the bed. 2009 was because we finished so strong in 2008. 2010 was with all the hype coming off of 2009 (and we again crapped the bed). No year bince then has really been worth a crap, though. Heck, as bad as our conference schedule is this year, there's not a lot of "must-see" games. In hindsight, wouldn't we all live longer if we were a groomsman in a wedding that happened the night of the Arizona-Iowa game in 2010 or the Arizona State game in 2004? There are plenty of others as well. I guess I'm just saying that while weddings suck, watching Iowa get punked sucks worse and the trend is not our friend right now.

You're probably not going to miss much anyway. It'll be a pillow fight with about 20-24 points scored combined. I'm sure Kirk will lead his team to another defeat at the hands of probably the worst Power5 football program in the nation. But Kirk is a great guy with high integrity that wins sometimes, so we've got that going for us.

I think Iowa will win this one by about 2 scores. It should be a fun one to watch especially being a night game at Kinnick!

I have always felt it is selfish to schedule a wedding on Football Saturdays in the Fall (especially in Iowa and especially if your are not a part of the wedding party). No Pro Football team and Iowa is usually the big game in the state. Far to many people follow the Hawks. Pick another time of the year like the summer. If not, be prepared to have less attendance at your wedding. Will send a check and card. :)

Latest posts