So....How Good is Michigan?

For the record, 61-9 = 52.. not so sure a stellar mathmetician like yourself has the kind of money youre throwing around on this thread.. :)

That being said, I stick to what I said, there is no evidence that this year, these players or this team can hang for even a quarter with Michigan. And believe me, I HATE HATE HATE saying that, because 3 of my close friends are Lions, Tigers and Wolverine fans.. Trust me, I hear about it when we lose.

For the record, 61-9 = 52.. not so sure a stellar mathmetician like yourself has the kind of money youre throwing around on this thread.. :)

That being said, I stick to what I said, there is no evidence that this year, these players or this team can hang for even a quarter with Michigan. And believe me, I HATE HATE HATE saying that, because 3 of my close friends are Lions, Tigers and Wolverine fans.. Trust me, I hear about it when we lose.

Yea, I mis-read your post as 61-19...you are even more out there than I thought. So you are going on the record as giving Iowa 52 points,eh...you certainly are an astute gambler.

Why not 75 points or 90 points? We get it,you are really really down on Iowa.

Im on record saying Michigan will win by at least 40. My predicted score is 61-9.

So if Iowa loses 45 -24 you will be pleased that they stayed some 31 points closer than you expect,right?
In your book,that would be a huge overachievement by Iowa.

To the moron who thinks Michigan will win 61-9. I will take the 52 points and bet my beautiful house up against your 1960's trailer. What do you think?

So if Iowa loses 45 -24 you will be pleased that they stayed some 31 points closer than you expect,right?
In your book,that would be a huge overachievement by Iowa.

Id say we overachieved which is a good sign we MIGHT make a bowl game.

And I dont have a trailor.. I DO however own a house in Columbia, South Carolina (but its a 2005)

The line in Vegas is Michigan as a 4 point favorite. You better call them up and warn them that they are off by 36 points. They certainly do not have your expertise in setting the line.

Ok :) (FYI, I was 1 point off from predicting the Texas/OU game final score this year, and dead on for a few of our games last year... )

I said 56-17 and I recall someone saying something very similar to what you just said "vegas odds makers might want to call you then because they have...."

I would say Michigan is going to overwhelm Iowa. I dont LIKE saying this, and I have another thread where I put some money on UM +40, but its just the cold hard truth.

Our Defense couldnt contain Jantz, a slower, less significant version of Robinson. Why on gods green earth should we expect anything better now? We havent "gotten better" like we usually do, as a matter of fact, I see disgusting similarities between this team now, and the team last year that "quit" in the words of our own players. What are they playing for? Ill tell you, they have one last hope and that is Purdue, which I dont think we will win either.

They have tremendous speed which our defense doesnt. Our best D player is Bernstein. If you think Hyde is a good CB, please watch his interceptions. He was beat in most, and the balls are underthrown. He catches them, yippee, but when you have a guy 10 yards behind you, because of their speed, its not going to make much of a difference. Nobody on Iowa, and I mean NOBODY is fast enough to keep up with DROB, and thats just one of their threats. Their WR have blazing speed as well as their RBs.

Just some perspective on how explosive their offense is... because some of you just arent accepting it.. they put up the most points allowed by ND this year, who also played USC, who if you didnt catch last week, came real close to beating #4 stanford.

Their Defense is I would say VERY underrated. In case some of you dont know this, they are ranked 6th in points against. We played PSU who is ranked 4th, and how did that turn out for us? Not pretty.

They also have a coach that knows the beginning of HIS legacy could be jumpstarted by ending KF's legacy. Destroy him, and the hawkeyes, and you have yourself not only a good recruiting tool (some coaches get it, star players wanna go to star schools that score points) but a solid foundation towards job security.

Do I want the Hawks to win? Of course, but the logical part of me sees no way we score more than 10 points, and no way we stop their offense.

UM - 61
UI - 9

Yards - UM 630+, UI 240

You took UM +40 at Kinnick? I hope you didn't bet a lot of money.

Iowa has not been beaten by over 40 points in Kinnick in over 33 years,I suspect. I would bet you a million dollars they would not this saturday,if I wanted to go thru the whole escrow/attorney hassle.

1993 Iowa lost to Illinois 49-3. That's the last time I can find that Iowa lost at home by more than 40. I don't think it happens this Saturday either.

I would say Michigan is going to overwhelm Iowa. I dont LIKE saying this, and I have another thread where I put some money on UM +40, but its just the cold hard truth.

Our Defense couldnt contain Jantz, a slower, less significant version of Robinson. Why on gods green earth should we expect anything better now? We havent "gotten better" like we usually do, as a matter of fact, I see disgusting similarities between this team now, and the team last year that "quit" in the words of our own players. What are they playing for? Ill tell you, they have one last hope and that is Purdue, which I dont think we will win either.

They have tremendous speed which our defense doesnt. Our best D player is Bernstein. If you think Hyde is a good CB, please watch his interceptions. He was beat in most, and the balls are underthrown. He catches them, yippee, but when you have a guy 10 yards behind you, because of their speed, its not going to make much of a difference. Nobody on Iowa, and I mean NOBODY is fast enough to keep up with DROB, and thats just one of their threats. Their WR have blazing speed as well as their RBs.

Just some perspective on how explosive their offense is... because some of you just arent accepting it.. they put up the most points allowed by ND this year, who also played USC, who if you didnt catch last week, came real close to beating #4 stanford.

Their Defense is I would say VERY underrated. In case some of you dont know this, they are ranked 6th in points against. We played PSU who is ranked 4th, and how did that turn out for us? Not pretty.

They also have a coach that knows the beginning of HIS legacy could be jumpstarted by ending KF's legacy. Destroy him, and the hawkeyes, and you have yourself not only a good recruiting tool (some coaches get it, star players wanna go to star schools that score points) but a solid foundation towards job security.

Do I want the Hawks to win? Of course, but the logical part of me sees no way we score more than 10 points, and no way we stop their offense.

UM - 61
UI - 9

Yards - UM 630+, UI 240

Your problem is this bchilds. Iowa will score more than 9 at home. I see a shootout, but Michigan will be way to much for our Defense. Not 40 to much though that is crazy talk.

bchilds,

I sure you already know this cause you sound like a gambling expert but win a team is favored they are Minus not Plus, I'm sure you would like Michigan +40?...you are right, I don't see Iowa winning by 40, GOOD CALL!! It's idiots like you that make these boards unreadable on weeks like this. 34-30 Iowa:D

Michigan sucks. There is no way they should be ranked as high as they are. While they are better than Minny, not by much. We're going to beat them by AT LEAST 3 TDs. Bank it.

Michigan has played one decent team thus far this season (MSU) and lost. So they have yet to be tested much, I think we need to contain DB and take our chances. Our best strategy would be to contain DB and not worry about pressuring him, shouldn't be hard as we can't get pressure anyway. But if we don't stop the run it won't matter.. Must stop the run to win the game. Oh and make field goals too.. Minor detail, at least it was last week.

Michigan is much improved on the defensive side of the ball this season, but Iowa will move and score on UM, but with our defensive problems going too be an up hill battle.

The op said he hoped Norm would reach into his bag of tricks not going to happen my guess is maybe a 4-3 base not sure, and the bag is empty this season.

Latest posts