So, Fran spoke with Jarrod Uthoff today

According to the Badger boards, Uthoff was placed within the Wisconsin program by McCaffery as a spy to learn all the little ins and outs of that dynamic system. After a year behind enemy lines, he is now safe and sound within the Hawkeye border.

According to the Badger boards, Uthoff was placed within the Wisconsin program by McCaffery as a spy to learn all the little ins and outs of that dynamic system. After a year behind enemy lines, he is now safe and sound within the Hawkeye border.

All this time I thought that was just a rumor......... and now we know the truth. :eek:

So you got it all figured out I see. So did Fran talk to Uthoff before he declared he was leaving, he was the puppet master who orchestrated him leaving? Or are you saying that he went after him, after he left? Since you have inside knowledge, please elaborate.

You are dense and obviously clueless about college basketball recruiting if you honestly believe that Fran didn't talk to Uthoff before today. That makes me chuckle

You are dense and obviously clueless about college basketball recruiting if you honestly believe that Fran didn't talk to Uthoff before today. That makes me chuckle

If you think that Fran is that stupid, then that is your right. I choose to believe that Fran is smart, and kept any and all finger prints that could point directly back to him off the table. I'm not saying there wasn't third party contact, I just don't think there was any direct contact.

Either way one thing is for certain, and that is you have no more insight into what happened than any other poster on this board.

For the first time in a long time (perhaps ever), I am looking forward more to the start of the basketball season than football.

I hate to say it, as I have always had football #1. But I am as well... Basketball with Fran is going kickass for years to come! Wish the season started next week!

If you think that Fran is that stupid, then that is your right. I choose to believe that Fran is smart, and kept any and all finger prints that could point directly back to him off the table. I'm not saying there wasn't third party contact, I just don't think there was any direct contact.

Either way one thing is for certain, and that is you have no more insight into what happened than any other poster on this board.

False. Everything you said was false.

False. Everything you said was false.

Things that I said in that post that certainly aren't false:

-I think Fran is smart
-You have no inside information on any contact between Fran and Uthoff (If you do, please speak up)

Things that I posted that could be false:
-That you believe that Fran is stupid (in your defense, I'm not sure of this)

Things that neither one of us can prove:
-Fran had direct contact with Uthoff
-Fran had indirect contact with Uthoff

Things that I said in that post that certainly aren't false:

-I think Fran is smart
-You have no inside information on any contact between Fran and Uthoff (If you do, please speak up)

Things that I posted that could be false:
-That you believe that Fran is stupid (in your defense, I'm not sure of this)

Things that neither one of us can prove:
-Fran had direct contact with Uthoff
-Fran had indirect contact with Uthoff

Fran would be stupid if he HADN'T contacted Uthoff to come to Iowa. The fact that you don't understand that baffles me. Do you really think Uthoff decided to come to Iowa with no contact? Really?

it would have been stupid for fran not to talk to him...

edit: guy above beat me to the punch

Last edited:
Fran would be stupid if he HADN'T contacted Uthoff to come to Iowa. The fact that you don't understand that baffles me. Do you really think Uthoff decided to come to Iowa with no contact? Really?

Holy crap what don't you comprehend? I ASSUME (no proof, just a gut feeling) he let Uthoff know that he would have a scholarship for him, if he came to Iowa, through indirect means. You seem to KNOW they had direct contact. Could Fran have? Sure Fran could have contacted him directly, but Uthoff doesn't strike me as a make or break guy that you break all the rules to get.

Last edited:

Sounds like rumor about my grandpa's WW2 spy missions, I'm chuckling :D

Holy crap what don't you comprehend? I ASSUME (no proof, just a gut feeling) he let Uthoff know that he would have a scholarship for him, if he came to Iowa, through indirect means. You seem to KNOW they had direct contact. Could Fran have? Sure Fran could have contacted him directly, but Uthoff doesn't strike me as a make or break guy that you break all the rules to get.

I hope you realize you're feeding the ISU trolls... :p

Fran most certainly had direct contact with Jarrod, but it was when he was originally recruiting him to comed to Iowa with a full ride scolly. So with this previously discussed, it's no brainer that he knew he would be offered a scolly.
I'm with dvogs on this all the way. If you're trolling GTFOH.

Last edited:
You mean to tell me Uthoff just assumed he would walk on and get a scholly next year? If you think he and Fran or someone in his camp and Fran didn't have conversations, then I have some Oceanfront property just south of Des Moines to sell you.