So Fran has Iowa a 1 seed

Well at least it didn't lose to that #5 seed from Ames and won a total of six games against teams in the tournament and played 12 games in total against tourney teams. Not too bad for the youngest team within a power 5 conference.

I guess you could look at it that way since there are 68 teams that get into the Big Dance even though the NIT champion could beat at least 1/2 the field. Or you could look at it from a glass 1/2 full perspective and see it is a chance for a young team to play in a post season tournament where the winners puts hardware into the trophy case and be 1 of 4 teams out of ~350 teams in D1 that can finish the season with a win.

Literally every Hawk fan wants Iowa to be in the Big Dance but seeing how far this team has come over the past month I think it's a great accomplishment that Iowa got this close to the tournament and earned themselves a 1 seed in the NIT.

But feel free to keep mocking me and other Hawkeye fans for our view points.

In a competition to be the 69th best team in the country.

And the Iowa fanbase cheers.

Wow. Just wow.

Tweets, if you gonna troll, at least get it right. We just missed out on an 11 seed, so we are battling for #45 in the country.

Plus please, everyone knew this was a rebuild year. Making the NCAA in a rebuild year like we had would have been remarkable. As it is we were close, but the next 3 years look pretty bright. If we don't make it next year, I will be right next to you melting down, as next year isn't a rebuild and should be a team solidly in the dance playing for seeding, not to make it.

Tweets, if you gonna troll, at least get it right. We just missed out on an 11 seed, so we are battling for #45 in the country.

Plus please, everyone knew this was a rebuild year. Making the NCAA in a rebuild year like we had would have been remarkable. As it is we were close, but the next 3 years look pretty bright. If we don't make it next year, I will be right next to you melting down, as next year isn't a rebuild and should be a team solidly in the dance playing for seeding, not to make it.

Exactly how I feel. It's kind of a bummer to apparently be so close to getting into the dance and not make it, but at the same time, that means it was a solid year for such a young team. That doesn't mean I'm "happy" about being in the NIT but it just kind of is what it is when you lose so much from a year ago. Heck, I even remember a Kentucky team losing a first round NIT game a few years ago. It happens.

I also will expect more next season, but in the meantime, I'm going to just relax and keep a little perspective about this 2016-17 season.

Wow. Just wow.

It's a restrained cheering. We've had to reset expectations and are cheering the fact that at least they're still playing. We might as well try to win it. And you'd prefer booing?

The NIT seeders did us no favors South Dakota could come in to Carver and win. That's a team that got totally screwed by the refs in their championship game. I suspect we are going to see a focused, motivated and nasty Coyote squad.

The NIT seeders did us no favors South Dakota could come in to Carver and win. That's a team that got totally screwed by the refs in their championship game. I suspect we are going to see a focused, motivated and nasty Coyote squad.

Many teams in the NIT has a similar story, the low and mid major teams are here because they won their conference regular season but failed to win their conference tournament. I think of the 8 seeds Iowa got one of the more favorable match ups. But I agree that Iowa will need to be ready to play as they cannot afford to take anybody for granted.

Given how the NCAA seeded B10 teams, virtually guaranteeing some early exits and "proof" that the B10 was down this year, I am not real disappointed in a 1 seed in NIT. Come on, lets be real. This isnt a great Iowa team yet. It will be, but for now, lets appreciate the opportunity to have further success and carry it forward. Yes, S Dakota could win and mess things up, but I gotta believe we can see a few more W's this month!

This is a game where Iowa can prove it belongs to big dance. I hope they dont have a hangover from not getting in and be ready. This is a dangerous Coyote team. We are 1-1 at home vs teams from this cinference.

Borderline missing the NCAA Tournament, is where a majority of Iowa had this team, given its youth.
At the beginning of the season, if you told me, a discussion point would be "is the team better with or without Jok", I'd say you're crazy, but we saw the elevation of this young team, in the absence of Jok.

Wow. Just wow.

Jordan Bohannon won't be getting all those open threes next year as there will not be a double team on Jok. Iowa still needs a true point guard that is quick on quick.