Small and Slow....

Iowa and Wisconsin have similar talent according to recruiting rankings. Whats the difference? Coaching and schemes. I dont need to tell you which program is ahead of the other at this point.

Iowa and Wisconsin have similar talent according to recruiting rankings. Whats the difference? Coaching and schemes. I dont need to tell you which program is ahead of the other at this point.

Don't get me wrong. I think Mickey Mouse could coach better than ferentz. However, Wisconsin has better talent than Iowa this year, especially their running backs.

FreedComanche

Don't get me wrong. I think Mickey Mouse could coach better than ferentz. However, Wisconsin has better talent than Iowa this year, especially their running backs.

FreedComanche

I realize this year, especially RB's. I was just going off some rankings for the past 5 years. Theyre pretty comparable.

But ferentz is a good coach.....................................

FreedComanche

I still think he is a good coach, he's not perfect in all aspects of the game (the whole world points out his clock management), but yeah, I still think he is a good coach. This new side-ways offense...not in favor of though.

Has Iowa ever had talented teams? How has that talent been used? What does Ferentz say about Iowa's talent level?

I think that Iowa had a few talented teams. The 2010 hawks had a lot of talented players. I think you'd find this to be true empirically. If I'm not mistaken, there were 8 players from that team that were drafted in the league.

Three were D linemen!

Every Sunday, you can watch former Iowa players in the NFL. I would think that's a solid definition of "talent."

They somehow keep their players on campus, I think. Also, they don't have an AWRBHG.

but wisky hasn't really been lights out this year by any means. I think many had them as potential Big winners and ranked, etc. Their essentially third place this year in their division

With a QB like Klein.....it can make you look really smart. Snyder is a good coach. However, don't change a thing and put Klein in for JVB...we are suddenly an 7-8 win team NOW, still in the hunt for the B!G title.

Recruiting is the biggest issue right now, there are a few other issues...but the most glaring is talent, which may improve significantly the next couple years....
The thing is, Klein used to be a wide receiver, and Kirk would never even consider him at QB.

I mean what self respecting wr would go to Nebby? Yes t mart is better this year, but for heavnes sake I cant beleive they could win a wr over a juco in the past few years.
They won out on a guy that we wanted just last year; Jordan Westerkamp.

i've tried to figure out what the biggest issue is....and i really think it is talent related to attrition. Someone REALLy has to look at our attrition and figure out what is going on. Add five good players of 20+ that are now gone and we have different results this year, not undefeated or top 10, but nothing like the results we have now. SOMEONE has to look into our attrition. lots and lots of players are gone. Why?

They won out on a guy that we wanted just last year; Jordan Westerkamp.

Thats part of where I think they are failing in selling the program in recruiting. I would have pointed out Nebby is a run first based team.
Even for next year with a new qb, you could say #1 we run a more pro set, so as a wr you will get balls thrown to you and not be a blocker 80% of the time. #2 With a new qb, he does not have a "go to guy" so why not you? Maybe you could be his go to guy. SELL SELL SELL.
Recruiting is part finding the guys you want to go after, the second part is selling, I know you dont want to slam other programs, but pointing out some facts I would think would be fine.

i've tried to figure out what the biggest issue is....and i really think it is talent related to attrition. Someone REALLy has to look at our attrition and figure out what is going on. Add five good players of 20+ that are now gone and we have different results this year, not undefeated or top 10, but nothing like the results we have now. SOMEONE has to look into our attrition. lots and lots of players are gone. Why?
there have been nexplanation but people refuse to acknowledge them.
as for recruiting that has been gone thru over and over and again and people refuse to acknowledge this.
one more Time from KF'S 1st year til 2009, ,this staff avg'd 12 2* recruits per year.
the last 3 years the 2* recruiting has droppe4d to just 5 2*'s per year.
the 4* recruits have increased to 4-6 per year from 1-2 per year,
the 3*'s are up to 13-15 per year and they are not low 3*'s either
its time to let them get old enough to shave before critizing them, or degrading their ability.
2008 & 2009 classes were ranked 63rd and 53rd by Rivals, ESPN only shows ther top 25
with Scout having the 2008 class ranked 44th and the 2009 class ranked 75th those are our FSJR'S, RSSR'S this year

there have been nexplanation but people refuse to acknowledge them.
as for recruiting that has been gone thru over and over and again and people refuse to acknowledge this.
one more Time from KF'S 1st year til 2009, ,this staff avg'd 12 2* recruits per year.
the last 3 years the 2* recruiting has droppe4d to just 5 2*'s per year.
the 4* recruits have increased to 4-6 per year from 1-2 per year,
the 3*'s are up to 13-15 per year and they are not low 3*'s either
its time to let them get old enough to shave before critizing them, or degrading their ability.
2008 & 2009 classes were ranked 63rd and 53rd by Rivals, ESPN only shows ther top 25
with Scout having the 2008 class ranked 44th and the 2009 class ranked 75th those are our FSJR'S, RSSR'S this year

I would love to read
yourposts
butyouhave difficultywith
sentence structure grammarand use of punct
uation

Latest posts