Site is Infested with Trolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have done way worse stuff on here then I ever have on CF and I was banned.....but I didn't know it because they can't stop you from posting from the app.

How did one get an account here with Hok in it's name? If that's not an obvious Clown troll then what is?

If you just ignore them they'll go away. Threads like this only throw fuel on the fire.
Wish it worked that way Dex. If you had people come over to your house and start talking **** about your family would you just ignore them until they went away? Nope. And if Jon lets these trolls hang around just because he gets money from it then that is just sad.

They give Jon page hits. Page hits give him money.

This is stupid.

When I see garbage, I remove garbage. I don't see all of it because as I have said a few thousands times through the years, I don't see every post. I hadn't gotten on the site yet this morning as I was spending some time playing with my kids.

If you see something that you believe needs looked into, my email address is on every one of my posts. Email me the link. That's the 10,000th time I've posted that.

It takes less effort to do that than it does to say stupid things like I want trolls for hits.

This is stupid.

When I see garbage, I remove garbage. I don't see all of it because as I have said a few thousands times through the years, I don't see every post. I hadn't gotten on the site yet this morning as I was spending some time playing with my kids.

If you see something that you believe needs looked into, my email address is on every one of my posts. Email me the link. That's the 10,000th time I've posted that.

It takes less effort to do that than it does to say stupid things like I want trolls for hits.

Unacceptable.

e. And if Jon lets these trolls hang around just because he gets money from it then that is just sad.

Here's how stupid that premise is.

Let me tell you how the ad things works.

For every 1000 ads that are shown, a site owner on a genre like this MIGHT make $.50 cents during the majority of the year. MAYBE. So a post that has a runaway troll with 1000 views makes me $.50 cents before costs. Do you really think that's what I am aiming for? No

This is stupid.

Good post Jon. Some folks dont get how hard it is to mod a message board. You cant see everything.

Wish it worked that way Dex. If you had people come over to your house and start talking **** about your family would you just ignore them until they went away? Nope. And if Jon lets these trolls hang around just because he gets money from it then that is just sad.

Might as well let them graze(;)) here from time-to-time.
Maybe they feel like "donors" or something?

At least Miller and co. don't have a moderator team of troll-hunters(insecurity applicators/inferiority complex flashers) specifically tasked and instructed to drive off any and all threats to the common delusion of the clone/hive mind..................ignorance is, well, you know.

e. And if Jon lets these trolls hang around just because he gets money from it then that is just sad.
Here's how stupid that premise is.Let me tell you how the ad things works. For every 1000 ads that are shown, a site owner on a genre like this MIGHT make $.50 cents during the majority of the year. MAYBE. So a post that has a runaway troll with 1000 views makes me $.50 cents before costs. Do you really think that's what I am aiming for? No
I didnt say it, i just responded to it. If you get such little money from the adds.. Why even have them?

Might as well let them graze(;)) here from time-to-time.
Maybe they feel like "donors" or something?

At least Miller and co. don't have a moderator team of troll-hunters(insecurity applicators/inferiority complex flashers) specifically tasked and instructed to drive off any and all threats to the common delusion of the clone/hive mind..................ignorance is, well, you know.

You do realize you get way less true trolls here than CF does, right? I know ISUer can seem like 20 posters at once, but I haven't seen too many outright trollers here other than the recent barrage. There are plenty of hawk fans over on CF that are great posters. Outright aholes will be banned to keep the board civil. Not a big deal.

This is stupid.

Are you the only mod on this board? Is there anyone else we can send a message to when you are gone? That may help.

And the .50 comment is not true, but whatever. Page clicks are what make your site go. Google pays you by site traffic. The more traffic the better. Trolls getting the fanbase base riled up is good for business. Especially during the offseason.

You do realize you get way less true trolls here than CF does, right? I know ISUer can seem like 20 posters at once, but I haven't seen too many outright trollers here other than the recent barrage. There are plenty of hawk fans over on CF that are great posters. Outright aholes will be banned to keep the board civil. Not a big deal.

If Iowa had a poster like ISewer on CF he would have been banned last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts