SI's cover-Nebraska, New Big Ten Bully. Hmm - No.

homes

Saying it doesn't make it so. Playing in the Big 12 doesn't make it so. They have a ways to go before even being considered for those stripes.

Saying it doesn't make it so. Playing in the Big 12 doesn't make it so. They have a ways to go before even being considered for those stripes.

Its funny you said that because one player from Michigan 8-9 years ago called Iowa "bullies" and every since then Iowa fans have laid claim to being "Bullies of the B10" even though Iowa fans are the only people who recognize the Hawkeyes by that.

It was Bob Griese who have us that title and has been mentioned by multiple media outlets, go back and watch game previews. It was a very popular catch phrase in 2003- 2005. If you are young you may not remember.

It was Bob Griese who have us that title and has been mentioned by multiple media outlets, go back and watch game previews. It was a very popular catch phrase in 2003- 2005. If you are young you may not remember.

2002-2005 that name might have been applicable. We have been relatively mediocre since then outside of 2009-10. Last season was a bust. No reason that team shouldn't have been competing for the Big Ten Championship. We needed Chase Daniels to give the game to us to salvage the season.

2002-2005 that name might have been applicable. We have been relatively mediocre since then outside of 2009-10. Last season was a bust. No reason that team shouldn't have been competing for the Big Ten Championship. We needed Chase Daniels to give the game to us to salvage the season.

Love comments like this especially since we gave them just as many opportunities if not more than they gave us. Not calling you out, but Stanzi was picked twice in that second half, but "we needed Chase Daniels to give us the game" I just hate hearing crap like that because it makes it sound like we were lucky to win the game and weren't good enough to be on the same field.

Edit: Indiana was a game that you could argue we almost gave away. The Missouri game, not so much.

What a joke, more like there going to get bullied around. Ask Denard how a running qb fares in the big ten, this isn't the big 12 north anymore.

What a joke, more like there going to get bullied around. Ask Denard how a running qb fares in the big ten, this isn't the big 12 north anymore.

Exactly...I can't wait till they hit conference play. Everyone was all hyping Denard last year until they hit conference play and Daniels knocked him out of the game..(which was sweet) They may play like a big ten team, but lets see how they do against them.:mad:

Its funny you said that because one player from Michigan 8-9 years ago called Iowa "bullies" and every since then Iowa fans have laid claim to being "Bullies of the B10" even though Iowa fans are the only people who recognize the Hawkeyes by that.

If you don't love it, leave it:cool:

Exactly...I can't wait till they hit conference play. Everyone was all hyping Denard last year until they hit conference play and Daniels knocked him out of the game..(which was sweet) They may play like a big ten team, but lets see how they do against them.:mad:

I remember that fine moment. And then I remember holding my breath when Michigan brought in true QB who almost single handedly got them back in the game.

Love comments like this especially since we gave them just as many opportunities if not more than they gave us. Not calling you out, but Stanzi was picked twice in that second half, but "we needed Chase Daniels to give us the game" I just hate hearing crap like that because it makes it sound like we were lucky to win the game and weren't good enough to be on the same field.

Edit: Indiana was a game that you could argue we almost gave away. The Missouri game, not so much.

If you refer to the post about Minnesota in the football forum you will see far more posts regarding how Iowa gave them the game rather than them outplaying us. I suppose everytime we lose to an inferior team, we gave them the game and we always outplay the better teams during wins?

ohio state says hi
how many B1G titles have they won in a row now?? :mad:

Latest posts