Sioux City Journal Cougill

You all are obsessed with athleticism to a fault. There are plenty of attributes that can make up for athleticism and Cougill possesses those traits. Brennan has more than enough talent to do more than just be a contributor to the team.

The last five comments are all spot on, so I can't quote them all. Well done all, I agree with everyone.

One thing to remember, as well, Russ Millard fit well in Mr. Davis's system too, and he was as far from a gazelle as you can get. But he was solid on the break.

Remember... He was a freshman last year on a bad team, he wasn't the sole cause. He dominated high school basketball like no other around the Sioux City area. I don't see much more talent out of Woodbury. I have watched them both. I would love him back at Iowa.

The last five comments are all spot on, so I can't quote them all. Well done all, I agree with everyone.

One thing to remember, as well, Russ Millard fit well in Mr. Davis's system too, and he was as far from a gazelle as you can get. But he was solid on the break.

especially the post about les lepsen

Last edited:
Remember... He was a freshman last year on a bad team, he wasn't the sole cause. He dominated high school basketball like no other around the Sioux City area. I don't see much more talent out of Woodbury. I have watched them both. I would love him back at Iowa.

that's 1 thing people don't understand about him. physically he clearly wasn't ready for big 10 play as a freshman. how many people are though? if he or andrew for that matter that have the luxury of a red shirt here people would look at them in a whole different light

I was right there with you up until you said Russ Millard. Russ was a helluva lot more athletic than you're giving him credit for. There really is no comparison between the two.

I was right there with you up until you said Russ Millard. Russ was a helluva lot more athletic than you're giving him credit for. There really is no comparison between the two.

There were two Russ Millards, the one before knee injuries could jump out of the gym. The one after played a floor game.

He is not a D-1 player? Why are Cal, Texas and a lot of other teams looking at him? Oh, that's right, they don't play at the D-1 level. Thanx for giving us all of your years of college basketball knowledge, now go back to your gov't job that the current gov't administration has entitled you to.

There were two Russ Millards, the one before knee injuries could jump out of the gym. The one after played a floor game.

Sounds a lot like you except for the part about being able to jump. That would defy the laws of physics.

Sounds a lot like you except for the part about being able to jump. That would defy the laws of physics.

Dude I had crazy hopes back in the day. I didn't rock the camero hair quite as well as you but I had like 2 1/2 dunks in my repertorie.

Dude there was a ball lodged between the rim and board the other day and I actually touched the ball as I attempted to get it out. Of course all that did was get the ball more stuck and strain my hammy. Before ACL tear number two I could still dunk a girls ball. Though that was before my beer baby.

Cougill most definitely has DI talent. If Fran wants him back and Cougs does what he needs to do to make it back, I am fine with that. I was sorry to see him go in the first place. If he can trail and hit the three, or bring big men out of the lane to cover him outside, this opens up loads of opportunities for the rest of the team in the offensive scheme! He really doesn't have to get out and run to be effective.

Latest posts