Since when did BTN

NCHawker

I see this evening that the BTN is rebroadcasting OSU's 52-22 beat down of Illinois from 2012 . Since when did they start showing that kind of game on BTN. Is OSU exempt from the practice of just shwoing competitive games?

Hawks have blown out some teams - don't ever see those...BTN just showns the same 6 Iowa games over and over and over.

I see this evening that the BTN is rebroadcasting OSU's 52-22 beat down of Illinois from 2012 . Since when did they start showing that kind of game on BTN. Is OSU exempt from the practice of just shwoing competitive games?

Hawks have blown out some teams - don't ever see those...BTN just showns the same 6 Iowa games over and over and over.

Seems this week has basically been "OSU Network", anyway. Hence, I have actually been watching more ESPN (gulp!) than BTN. I did re-watch The Journey with Weisman, and I think the one with Hitchens is on later this week.

If Iowa had a storied tradition, coming off an undefeated season, had a Heisman hopeful and was ranked preseason #2 then they might get more press. Not to mention all the other OSU stories and connections.

Columbus may be a people meter rated market, too...so if they can show ratings for programming like this, it helps them get more $$ in ads, which helps everyone.

Of course the BTN is going to show the more marketable teams. Its a business.

Sure. And if the B1G and the NCAA were serious about probations/punishments/penalties, they would take TV revenue from teams on probation and split it with the other conference members.

Used to be that "no TV" was a standard part of a probation team's "punishment". Now?

Post-season bans are meaningless within the B1G EXCEPT for cases like PSU, where a 4-year ban essentially COULD mean having a couple pretty empty recruiting classes.

It clearly says next to the BTN logo that this week they are honoring the Buckeye's undefeated season by replaying all their games for last year. If Iowa went undefeated, they'd do the same. No conspiracy here. Move along.

The University of Iowa needs to have it's own TV channel. This way we can watch sports without having to put up with the OSU cheaters outside of highlights of Iowa beating them. Due to the nature of TV contracts this channel would feature classics such as 1987 Iowa vs OSU. Games that are not taken by other networks. This would include a few mens basketball games a year, women's basketball, wrestling, baseball, volleyball, swimming and more. Finally it would include Iowa sports news. That means no OSU cheater news at all outside of when Iowa punishes them. I know the University has a public access channel with a little sports coverage on it but I know it is limited as far coverage and availability. It could be improved.

The network is probably just getting everybody ready for what they'll see this season from OSU as Urban Meyer loves to run up the score.

Looking forward to Ohio stumbling and dropping one or possibly two games this year. I don't think they are untouchable by no means... and eeven if they did make it to nat. Title game Bama would Pi$$ pound them.

The University of Iowa needs to have it's own TV channel. This way we can watch sports without having to put up with the OSU cheaters outside of highlights of Iowa beating them. Due to the nature of TV contracts this channel would feature classics such as 1987 Iowa vs OSU. Games that are not taken by other networks. This would include a few mens basketball games a year, women's basketball, wrestling, baseball, volleyball, swimming and more. Finally it would include Iowa sports news. That means no OSU cheater news at all outside of when Iowa punishes them. I know the University has a public access channel with a little sports coverage on it but I know it is limited as far coverage and availability. It could be improved.

Jesus, man, get a hold of yourself. Who the heck do you think we are? Iowa State? I know folks get sick of the "we're just Iowa" line but we have to face the reality that we'll never get a deep pocket like Mediacom behind us to blast exclusive content to a 3 county area.

Ask ISU how much money is in that.

The NCAA realized that its stupid to punish a team's opponents. Why should the Hawkeyes not be on TV due to OSU cheating?

Read what he said above that - it sounds like he would just strip money from the school on probation and give it to the other schools in the conference. It actually sounds kind of reasonable and like it would actually make schools take compliance more seriously.

I would not limit the Iowa sports channel to mediacom or 3 counties. It should be statewide, available on multiple service providers and be online. ISU is a looser low market school unlike Iowa, a team that matters.

Read what he said above that - it sounds like he would just strip money from the school on probation and give it to the other schools in the conference. It actually sounds kind of reasonable and like it would actually make schools take compliance more seriously.
It is obvious that the punishment was not harsh enough for the cheaters to be in the position they are in this year. In order for teams to take it seriously the punishments will have to make it difficult if not impossible for a program to field a winning team for many many years following the cheating.

It clearly says next to the BTN logo that this week they are honoring the Buckeye's undefeated season by replaying all their games for last year. If Iowa went undefeated, they'd do the same. No conspiracy here. Move along.

<<If Iowa went undefeated they'd do the same>>

Yeah. Sure. And either I have a crappy TV or you're seeing things, because I honestly haven't seen that next to the logo. But I'm glad BTN is "honoring" a team that was on probation. Solid.

Latest posts