since it seems star do matter

Oh my yes, this program is in incredible shape for a team coming off a 2-6, Big 10 season plus losses to the clowns and central michigan school of snowshoeing!! The problem, is that your entire thesis is obsolete. Pssst...it's not so much the troops on the field as it is the incompetent general staff who has proven time after time they can't win with NFL level talent. Stars don't really matter when the guy calling the shots can't even manage the clock at the pee wee level.

Prepare yourself for this opening salvo vs. NIU is September: stretch right for 3 yards, stretch left for 2 yards, throw the widow maker 1 yard short of the LOS, 33 yard punt, NIU's highly mobile QB drives it in 7,8,9 yard chunks against the vaunted "bend don't break D." Oh wait, NIU is going to have a first year HC in 2013, and no rookie HC could ever hope to match up against the $4,000,000 man....'cept Chitzik, Ped State's guy, Fitz, Kill, etc etc etc......

Fantastic... Another doomsday poster.
*yawn*

I'm not sure with the information in the original post if I'm supposed to be happy about the future or depressed. I guess it depends on the expectations.

I'm cautiously optimistic after reading. There is a lot of experience returning; especially on the defensive side.

the problem is that in the past Iowa had 2*, 3* and walkons in the 2 deeps and KF Had 5 top 10 finishes with them, the 2005 class which was a top 10 class had a 7-5 season, 6-7 season and a 6-6 season their 1st 3 years in the program and they finished their Iowa career with what was left with a 9-4 top 10 season and a 11-2 OB win and another top 10 season.
the problem was Iowa was unable to sustain that kind of recruiting success with a 63rd ranked class in 2008 and a 53rd ranked recruitying class in 2009. both classes suffered major defection and injuries
this years senior class had 12 3*'s and 13 2*'s in it of the 3* player only Ferentz, JVB , Weinke, and Gimm remain
this what has hurt Iowa, the 2009 class had 2 4* recruits in Davis and Wegher with Wegher leaving bafter his freshman season.
there were just 5 3* players out of a total class of 20 players
of those 7 players 3* or higher both Davis and Wegher are gone
the 5 3* players only these 3 will have a chance to start
Boffeli, Rodgers and Cotton look to possibly start and the only one that I consider a lock is Rodger
with Clark and MacMillan backups. if you can't or won't see this I can't help you

He says unto his constituents. Herby is ridding himself of the incompetent fools around here who just don't get it.

"This is our roster!" he cries, "Don't you get it!?"

Well, when you compare the facilities and budgets availible to both teams and the fact coach A will be earning around $250,000/yr and coach B around $4,000,000/yr, you could see where some folks would get that impression?? Keep an eye on NIU's bowl game! ;)

I'm not saying by any means that they are going to beat FSU. All I'm saying is that regardless of who they played in the MAC last season they were a very good team. But because they weren't a BCS school many just assumed they were going to get rolled. I simply found it ironic that Iowa was the team that everyone assumed would struggle, yet the majority of posters seemed to overlook a very talented group of players coming back to NIU and assumed that the product they put on the field would be inferior to what we put on the field.

a quick look at next falls possible starters on Offense
WR Smith SO 3*. backup Hillyer SO 3*
WR KMM JR 2* , backup my guess is Mabin FR 3*
TE CJ SR 4* backup JR Hamilton 4*
OL Donnal JR 4* backup MacMillan SR 3*
OL Blythe SO 4* backup Walsh SO 4*
OL Scherff SO 3* backup Mac Millan SR/Clark SR 3*
OL Boffeli SR 3* backup Simmons SO 3*
OL Vansloten SR 3* backup maybe Ward FR 4*
FB Rodgers SR 3*, backup Reisen SR 2*
RB Weisman JR 2* backup Bullock JR 2*
Sokol JR 3*, Rudock SO 3* or Beathard FR 3*

the defense
DE Alvis SR 2* backup Spears SO 3*
DE Ott SO 3* backup possible Ekakitie FR 4*
DT Davis JR 3* possible backup Johnson FR 4*
DT LTP JR 3* backup Cooper SO 4*
LB Kirksey SR 3* backup Perry SO 2*
LB Morris SR 3* backup Alston JR 3*
LB Hitchens SR 2* backup Fischer SO 3*
CB Lowrey SR 3* backup none listed as Castilo graduated
CB Draper SO 3* backup unknown as Hyde graduated
S Law JR 3*, 4* by 2 sites back up unknown as Donatell graduated
S Miller SR 2* backup Lowdermilk JR 2*
ST Meyer SR kicker
P Kornbrath SO
LS Kreiter SR
KR Cotton SR
KR Smith SO
PR to be determined as Hyde graduated,
there is alot to get excited about
6 4* on offense either starting or in the 2 deeps
1 4*starting and 3 4*'s as backups
this does not include players like Lomax, Fleming, Campbell, Buford, Gair, Lile and a couple others as DB's
these players are not walkon with very few 2* that are unproven like Weisman and Bullock

Let me save you a little time in typing up that mess again in the future, Redhawk:
Scout.com: Football Recruiting

A lot of 2-3* recruits. Yippee!!!!

I'm not saying by any means that they are going to beat FSU. All I'm saying is that regardless of who they played in the MAC last season they were a very good team. But because they weren't a BCS school many just assumed they were going to get rolled. I simply found it ironic that Iowa was the team that everyone assumed would struggle, yet the majority of posters seemed to overlook a very talented group of players coming back to NIU and assumed that the product they put on the field would be inferior to what we put on the field.

You keep losing me because Iowa doesn't roll MAC teams...or Sun Belt teams or JokeClown teams or even Missouri Valley teams. They should...but they don't! NIU IS/was inferior in every way....except coaching, game planning and management. Many people picked Iowa to lose in Chicago. Florida State WILL roll NIU big time....with a $2,000,000 HC!!

Yeah, that's the problem, too many ready to play 4 star players with too much size, speed, and strength. WTF!

The guy makes a good point though.. It seems the higher rated players come in thinking they don't need to work hard to earn their playing time and just demand it be handed to them.. Thru out KF's tenure here he has been able to find those guys that were underated and played and worked their hearts out. Problem is , KF has not been getting those kind of players recently. Add in the horrible attrition we had and it spells trouble. The other problem is coaching. We are not using our talent that we do have to our advantage. See NW.Excellent coaching.

Herby... You flat out intrigue me. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Height and weight where appropriate.

Stars matter, I'm just sure of it.........

Attachments

• RussellCrowe-ABeautifulMind-560x447.jpg
    RussellCrowe-ABeautifulMind-560x447.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 2
I didn't realize it was rhyme time. Ok...
"Are you ready to rock?
Are you ready to roll?
Grab your computer,
Lets to troll!!"

Scram.

You live in Waterloo for ****sake. No wonder you are so easily satisfied. I bet you are going to be happy as a hotdog with 2013's 3-9 triumph!

a quick look at next falls possible starters on Offense
WR Smith SO 3*. backup Hillyer SO 3*
WR KMM JR 2* , backup my guess is Mabin FR 3*
TE CJ SR 4* backup JR Hamilton 4*
OL Donnal JR 4* backup MacMillan SR 3*
OL Blythe SO 4* backup Walsh SO 4*
OL Scherff SO 3* backup Mac Millan SR/Clark SR 3*
OL Boffeli SR 3* backup Simmons SO 3*
OL Vansloten SR 3* backup maybe Ward FR 4*
FB Rodgers SR 3*, backup Reisen SR 2*
RB Weisman JR 2* backup Bullock JR 2*
Sokol JR 3*, Rudock SO 3* or Beathard FR 3*

the defense
DE Alvis SR 2* backup Spears SO 3*
DE Ott SO 3* backup possible Ekakitie FR 4*
DT Davis JR 3* possible backup Johnson FR 4*
DT LTP JR 3* backup Cooper SO 4*
LB Kirksey SR 3* backup Perry SO 2*
LB Morris SR 3* backup Alston JR 3*
LB Hitchens SR 2* backup Fischer SO 3*
CB Lowrey SR 3* backup none listed as Castilo graduated
CB Draper SO 3* backup unknown as Hyde graduated
S Law JR 3*, 4* by 2 sites back up unknown as Donatell graduated
S Miller SR 2* backup Lowdermilk JR 2*
ST Meyer SR kicker
P Kornbrath SO
LS Kreiter SR
KR Cotton SR
KR Smith SO
PR to be determined as Hyde graduated,
there is alot to get excited about
6 4* on offense either starting or in the 2 deeps
1 4*starting and 3 4*'s as backups
this does not include players like Lomax, Fleming, Campbell, Buford, Gair, Lile and a couple others as DB's
these players are not walkon with very few 2* that are unproven like Weisman and Bullock

bubbles_545.gif

Latest posts