Since Iowa is a developmental program...

Will Brian be ready to take over when Kirk retires? Who knows. I remember when Bobby Bowden retired, he had son(s) ready to be head coaches. It did not go so well...................
AD needs to lock up BF for a long term, incentive laden, top dollar contract that Iowa can't get out of. Other teams are "pursuing him" as we speak. Time to bring in the clowns from the AD office to make it happen. If not, we could drop below the 7-5 threshold.

AD needs to lock up BF for a long term, incentive laden, top dollar contract that Iowa can't get out of. Other teams are "pursuing him" as we speak. Time to bring in the clowns from the AD office to make it happen. If not, we could drop below the 7-5 threshold.

Well done, Rev.

WHY NOT DEVELOP Brian Ferentz into the next Head Coach as the path he has been following is pointing that direction? He has been progressing up the food chain under good mentors and looks to have great attributes to be the next HC. Is he ready now? NO, but each passing year he is getting more prepared to be so. Too bad if he happens to be the coaches son. I'd much rather have someone born and bred a Hawkeye be groomed for the position than roll the dice with outside blood coming in and changing the entire culture the program has had for 40 years. I don't know of another "Bob Stoops" out there to go after and we are not hiring a big name coach away from anyone else.

Well, the Packers and many NFL teams go for the hot Coordinator in the news as the next great head coach. But usually these coordinators have put in a lot of years.

The same old false story perpetuates. KF walked into 2 pretty damn good recruiting classes by HF. They were more highly ranked than what KF puts together.

Whether KF did as well as he could with them or if he totally screwed up is conjecture but those 2 classes had a big impact on HFs 1st 2 winning teams.

In the end, take out Banks and those 2 seasons may have been different. He really didnt recruit Banks and has brought in anyone remotely like him.

Not dissing KF but stop with changing history. The the records werent great but there was talent.

HF was tasked with rebuilding coaching. It was on the upswing.

Wrong--again. You've made a career out of it, though.

JHF was getting "worked" on the recruiting front. Badly. Even JoePa was using the "he may not be around.." mantra. Yes, Joe-Frigging-Paterno was using "getting old" to recruit against JHF.

Doyle was what made the difference in 2001 & 2002. Many of the guys on those lines came in slow, small, and weak.

JHF was getting "worked" on the recruiting front. Badly. Even JoePa was using the "he may not be around.." mantra. Yes, Joe-Frigging-Paterno was using "getting old" to recruit against JHF.

Doyle was what made the difference in 2001 & 2002. Many of the guys on those lines came in slow, small, and weak.

Bob bob bob...billy bob.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1998-02-04-9802040036-story.html

Go back and look at the 1997 class to.

IRREGARDLESS or Regardless...which you are also wrong about (look it up).... you are so wrong again bobby boy.

Are you liberal history revisionist?

Isn't it past your bedtime in NC?

This is true. I knew it was getting bad when HF gave a scholarship to a guy from my town. He could move pretty well for his size, but he was nowhere close to what a D1 football player needs to be. I was right, cuz he didn't last long at UI.

Bob bob bob...billy bob.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1998-02-04-9802040036-story.html

Go back and look at the 1997 class to.

IRREGARDLESS or Regardless...which you are also wrong about (look it up).... you are so wrong again bobby boy.

Are you liberal history revisionist?

But Iowa came away with the biggest cache of all in All-Staters Siaka Massaquoi of Evanston and Eric Steinbach of Providence, second-team All-Staters Chris Oliver of Homewood-Flossmoor and Andy Lightfoot of Maine West plus special mention All-Stater D.J. Johnson of Naperville Central and late-blooming John Omotola of H-F.

Of the 5 guys mentioned in that article, Steinbach was an A+ player. Lightfoot was a B, good starter.

The other 3 were not B1G level starters or even solid reserves.

Oliver was a marginal B1G WR at best. Very little impact. DJ Johnson's best play as a Hawkeye was a SP block return against PSU and is probably still having nightmares of WRs burning him. Massaquoi was a recruiting bust.

But Iowa came away with the biggest cache of all in All-Staters Siaka Massaquoi of Evanston and Eric Steinbach of Providence, second-team All-Staters Chris Oliver of Homewood-Flossmoor and Andy Lightfoot of Maine West plus special mention All-Stater D.J. Johnson of Naperville Central and late-blooming John Omotola of H-F.

Of the 5 guys mentioned in that article, Steinbach was an A+ player. Lightfoot was a B, good starter.

The other 3 were not B1G level starters or even solid reserves.

Oliver was a marginal B1G WR at best. Very little impact. DJ Johnson's best play as a Hawkeye was a SP block return against PSU and is probably still having nightmares of WRs burning him. Massaquoi was a recruiting bust.

Yes, but that was a great class. HF didn't leave the cupboard bare as many believe.

This is true. I knew it was getting bad when HF gave a scholarship to a guy from my town. He could move pretty well for his size, but he was nowhere close to what a D1 football player needs to be. I was right, cuz he didn't last long at UI.

You honestly gonna judge it by that with some of KF's addition? Both the 98 and 97 classes were top 20 at the time and something KF really doesn't do.

KF did turn it around in major part due to BB and the conditioning. Whether he mistepped as a younger coach, we'll not know, but look at the Maine record.