Signing Day Thoughts?

uofihawkInation

With Today's happenings, we now have added Bullock, Lowdermilk, and Collins but lost Orloff. We still have 3 spots open before we hit the 25 mark, and 3 more until the Big Ten's 28 limit rule. (Heiar can be considered part of last years class due to early enrollment).

So what do you guys think will happen come tomorrow?

Hendy will announce his intentions to play for Iowa, we hope, tonight.

Cooper will announce tomorrow, as will Cyrus K.

What do you guys think will happen with Perry, Overton, Carr... any others to be on the watch for?

Not sure what will happen tomorrow, other than this might be the most online attention signing day for Iowa has had in the 11 years I have followed it.

Why?

So many ppl home from work and on their computers all day

Not sure what will happen tomorrow, other than this might be the most online attention signing day for Iowa has had in the 11 years I have followed it.

Why?

So many ppl home from work and on their computers all day

I hope to be following on this site. If tomorrow is like today, I will have to follow somewhere else. I don't have the time or the patience to through this again!

This class had some big names reject Iowa and then we got fallbacks instead. This class could have been great but think it is average. Not sure why everyone is so elated about it. The biggest/best names we were in with went elsewhere, that is concerning. Not sure many of these guys see the field for 2-3 years (if they even stay). Nico Law and Rodney Coe are the 2 who could probably see immediate PT. Just think this class had a lot of promise but late drops are disappointing.

Odds are Lomax will be the last exciting recruit. Dosen't mean he will be the last to make an impact. Just probably won't be anymore guys with whom we will be familiar.

This class had some big names reject Iowa and then we got fallbacks instead. This class could have been great but think it is average. Not sure why everyone is so elated about it. The biggest/best names we were in with went elsewhere, that is concerning. Not sure many of these guys see the field for 2-3 years (if they even stay). Nico Law and Rodney Coe are the 2 who could probably see immediate PT. Just think this class had a lot of promise but late drops are disappointing.
The biggest/best names we were in with went elsewhere? No hardly. Cyrus is about the only huge name we were in on that went elsewhere. I think you are seriously undervaluing this class. Blythe(Parade AA), Walsh(4star),Coe, Hamilton, etc...are all highly rated, sought after recruits that we landed. 80% of our recruits had very good offer lists. This is exactly the type of class that we have been very successful with. 4 or 5 big names, and some middle of the road and underrated sleepers. I'm very happy with this class. Even more if we land cooper at noon tomorrow.

Hate to pi$$ on your wheaties but we have a great class and its ranked in the top 28. Fallbacks are a way of life and Iowa has several fallback guys that were all big ten and went on to the NFL. This will turn out to be an outstanding class regardless of who signs tomorrow.

Hate to pi$$ on your wheaties but we have a great class and its ranked in the top 28. Fallbacks are a way of life and Iowa has several fallback guys that were all big ten and went on to the NFL. This will turn out to be an outstanding class regardless of who signs tomorrow.

Agreed! Thanks to you Rad Caar Impoted and others like yourselves for keeping some of us posted throughout this year's signing process. I have enjoyed following some of this from afar. While I may jump on ESPNU for a tad tomorrow just to see some of the coverage, unlike those that get their fill from other pay sights, I'll continue to get my Hawk updates here.

It seems to me to be a perfect class all around, addressing the right positions with good to great talent. I am sure that more than a couple of these kids will have a major impact on our team (and the NFL) in the upcoming years as well as immediately. Our Fall Saturdays will be still be filled with exciting athletic accomplishments, Top 10 and NC potential (some years) and who knows, maybe one of these guys gets in the Heisman, Doak Walker, Outland, etc talk. I'd love to still get Cooper to round out the class, but we will survive to see another day with or without him, as well as CK. (I'd like CK more to just say stick it to Ala and Auburn and the SEC than for him and his potential).

Back to original thread. My thoughts....the rich keep getting richer. This years top 10, has a lot of the name brand or flavor of the year look to it. The biggest surprise to me? Norte dame in the top ten..

I wasn't optimistic. We are going to change webhost companies after this, hopefully within the week.
Jon, my thoughts are with you. Couldn't happen at a worse time. Guess it kind falls in with the 2010 football season. I personally really appreciate everything you do to make this site better and I have been a fan for a long time. Good luck with a new webhost. Bummer about the timing!!

On the surface this strikes me as a typical Kirk Ferentz class, perhaps above his average but not necessarily the highest-rated in the view of the recruiting "experts": no jaw-droppers; a few kids we were able to get away from better programs; some very solid 3-stars; and some other players who will see time in 2 or 3 years as very solid role players. The way this staff develops players, that's not all bad.

Looks like we were able to address some needs at RB and LB.

Really excited by a couple of the videos the staff posted, especially Jordan Canzeri's. The kid has moves and can fly.

I LOVE the way this staff recruits. I don't think we will ever have consistent top 20 classes in the eyes of the recruiting services. We typically don't sign enough players for one. The other reason is we don't go after guys, just because these services say they are good players.

Case in point is Canzeri. Even having KOK look at the tape says something really. Then showing it to Kirk, and offering soon after shows the confidence this staff has in it's abilities to trust what they see, and know what they can teach/develop. They didn't turn their backs and say, well this kid only has an offer from Villanova, so we aren't going to waste our time. Instead they look at the film and said "Why can't everyone else see what is obvious? This kid has tons of talent!"

This staff is really good at looking at kids and see what other staffs can't see. They are also patient enough to know that sometimes these kids won't be fully developed in Iowa's system until they are SO, or many times JR and SR. Many coaches and staff are not that patient, as they are looking for their next job, and need players to perform sooner. Typically when we have the Neilsen's, Reisners, Daniels, become starters they are solid. When the JR, and SR get their time, they are hungry, ready, and fundamentally sound. It is when we have to rely on kids that are FR, SO is when we have the growing pains many more times than not. They have not had years in the system to gain the fundamentals and strength to be AS effective. I say as effective, as that learning experience typically ends up making them some of the best by the time they are JR and SR. Like Morris this year, he struggled at times (esp in coverage), but I think going forward we are going to be set at the Mike position for 3 years now, and see some outstanding play from him!

All in all, I love the way the staff recruits, sees talent others don't, develop it, and watch it perform on the field. When I start thinking about Hawkeye football I can't help but sit back and be proud of what this staff, and players do! It's great to be a Hawkeye!!

Latest posts