Sickening...

Hawkfromnorwalk

I can't convey enough just how sick to my stomach this whole DJK issue is making me. He was such a shining star. My wife, sister, and I would always love it when he ran to the north endzone and kneel before each game. We barely saw or heard him in the media but the few times we did he seemed like a well spoken individual. His story, from the projects to the good life because of a caring family was touching. And he threw it all away for what? Instead of being raised to the level of Hawkeye god, somthing I'm sure would have happened, he will forever live in infamy. A true waste and a true black mark on everything he accomplished.

Last edited:
I am more disappointed in this news than I have ever been about any Hawkeye athlete ever.

I concur. I am to the point i just want this football season to end. This news stings...DJK is a good kid that just made a very bad mistake and will regret it for the rest of his life.

I can't convey enough just how sick to my stomach this whole DJK issue is making me. He was such a shining star. My wife, sister, and I would always love it when he ran to the north endzone and kneel before each game. We barely saw or heard him in the media but the few times we did he seemed like a well spoken individual. His story, from the projects to the good life because of a caring family was touching. And he threw it all away for what? Instead of being raised to the level of Hawkeye god, somthing I'm sure would have happened, he will forever live in infamy. A true waste and a true black mark on everything he accomplished.

Great post. I feel sick to my stomach too. It sucks to see a guy with so much talent and a bright future ahead of him, just throw it all away in an instant with some really dumb choices. My father-in-law and I have been arguing about DJK for the last couple years. He was convinced that if he was in Kirk's "doghouse" all the time, then he must be some kind of troublemaker. I maintained that Kirk simply didn't understand the kid and hates anyone who shows the slightest bit of swagger. I stood up for him in countless arguements, and now I feel like a ******* for defending him. Perhaps Kirk is a lot better at judging character than I am.:(

What makes me sick is every member on cyclonefantic laughing at a young man who got caught up in the world of drugs.

I concur. I am to the point i just want this football season to end. This news stings...DJK is a good kid that just made a very bad mistake and will regret it for the rest of his life.

I think this might qualify as a little more egregious than a mistake.

What makes me sick is every member on cyclonefantic laughing at a young man who got caught up in the world of drugs.

This wasn't unexpected. What is unexpected that they are only up to 10 pages and it's been out for about two hours. They are definitely letting me down over there. They should have at least 25 pages by now...:mad:

On top of everything a handful of clowns including Arnaud, Alex Robinson, and others are just having a hayday with this on twitter.

Give me a break! Your last remarks are pure frustration in your part. He wasted nothing! His talents on the field will never go unnoticed. He holds records for the University. He gave most of the time good honest efforts that payed off very nicely to the team. He should be talked about as one of the best WR's to ever play at Iowa. The key word is PLAYED!
Pete Rose will go down as one of the greatest baseball players of all time. His records will always be upheld and the way he carried him self on and off the field will always be remembered. His betting problem off the field cost him the Hall of Fame! I personally believe that you don't take away achievements accomplished while playing or have played in the game. You can take them out of the game if they broken the rules based upon the teams or leagues rules given to them. DJK may end up in the NFL one day because some team may look at his past problem and try to help him so that his future could go on with the talents he could still produce.

He may have cost his chances of playing the last game of his college life. I don't think he cost his chances of playing in the NFL. He will still go down as one of the greatest receivers to play at Iowa.

Give me a break! Your last remarks are pure frustration in your part. He wasted nothing! His talents on the field will never go unnoticed. He holds records for the University. He gave most of the time good honest efforts that payed off very nicely to the team. He should be talked about as one of the best WR's to ever play at Iowa. The key word is PLAYED!
Pete Rose will go down as one of the greatest baseball players of all time. His records will always be upheld and the way he carried him self on and off the field will always be remembered. His betting problem off the field cost him the Hall of Fame! I personally believe that you don't take away achievements accomplished while playing or have played in the game. You can take them out of the game if they broken the rules based upon the teams or leagues rules given to them. DJK may end up in the NFL one day because some team may look at his past problem and try to help him so that his future could go on with the talents he could still produce.

He may have cost his chances of playing the last game of his college life. I don't think he cost his chances of playing in the NFL. He will still go down as one of the greatest receivers to play at Iowa.

Whatever ****stick. His records will stand but just like Rose and Bonds they will carry baggage with them. Don't be ignorant.