siap - iowa loses 2 from team

Everyone is just scrambling to get off the ship before it sinks at this point. After Drew Ott and Maurice Flemming its just obvious. CJ Beathard and his injury at the spring game were just a cover story while he gets his transfer to Illinois State sorted out.

Harris wasn't breaking through for any PT. Neither was Truit with his getting in trouble not helping him. Opens up schollys. With the momentum they have with that so far those 2 more schollys are worth their weight in gold.

Harris wasn't breaking through for any PT. Neither was Truit with his getting in trouble not helping him. Opens up schollys. With the momentum they have with that so far those 2 more schollys are worth their weight in gold.

Yep, pretty standard attrition. FYI, we talk a lot about the rate of transfers on athletic teams, but it's small compared to the student body overall. Granted there's a different level of commitment with an athletic scholarship...but a certain amount of transfers are to be expected.

Last edited:
I many not remember the past as well as some. I sense that there is more runoff in the program than in the past....and my take is, you need to progress or...move on.

thoughts?

I many not remember the past as well as some. I sense that there is more runoff in the program than in the past....and my take is, you need to progress or...move on.

thoughts?

I can't really see the staff running people off. But, I could see them not trying as hard this summer to keep kids who aren't on the depth chart around.

I would actually see it more as an indication that the recruiting the last two/three years was better than it looked on paper. Omar and Harris had been in the program for a while and younger kids were passing them by.

Latest posts