SIAP: DJ Hernandez involved in an altercation at a diner

The article that the link summarizes indicates he was there, but was not involved in the altercation.

"Hey.........

Aaron Hernandez"
<ducks>

Ummm from that article I think they are speculating that he was there. I'm pretty sure he is probably in Iowa since the season is close.

Here's the original article that the worthless article from PFT in the OP was referencing:

Police: Aaron Hernandez's Name Sparks Diner Brawl - Courant.com

It sounds like DJ may have been there, but if he was then he was gone before the police arrived...

Just a really unfortunate situation for him to be in. He looks just like Aaron. I'm sure he's going to get this kind of crap for a long time. If the story is true and he wasn't involved in the altercation then good for him for walking away. I hope that's the case.

Last edited:
I had a really great start for an unfinished joke about diner food in Connecticut, then I tried to make a Ferentz connection with the pack of chewing gum that blew apart the best laid plans of a young tight end, but this kind of thing is hard and I just don't have time for this.

Yeah I just got confused with how the article was written and trying to post it. But I did get a kick out of your responses. Made me laugh.

Those guys don't sound too smart. 1. Aaron Hernandez is in jail. 2. Why would yell out his name or confront him if he's potentially responsible for several murders.

OTH, good for DJ if he left quietly, takes some restraint to do that.

I just hope this doesn't turn into a distraction during fall practice. We all know how KF loves media attention.

read it in the DMR today. sounds like he wasn't involved at all but some other idiots threw down.

I'd probably stay out of diners at 3 am right now, especially in Connecticut or the Boston area...can't imagine Kirk was real pleased DJ put himself in that position.

And he was lucky his friends were smart enough to get him out of there before the scrum got started.

I just hope this doesn't turn into a distraction during fall practice. We all know how KF loves media attention.

I'm just hoping our opponents fans aren't completely classless and make an issue out of it during games.

While I feel DJ in no way, shape, or form is the monster that hsi brother is. Unfortunately I don't see how this doesn't become a distraction for DJ or the team. In a perfect world, the fact DJ is Aaron's brother, and would be accepted yet not held against him, but I don't think this goes away quietly. Unfortunately, even though you can't chose your family, I think the media takes off with this and it becomes more of a distraction as we learn more and a trial approaches for Aaron.

Latest posts