SIAP: Christian French, Iowa Official, Top 5

wants to take three visits then make his pick. So we are his final visit before he picks

I'm thinking this will be a good weekend for the Hawks

So its down to Oregon, Notre Dame and Iowa? Does anyone know what postion HE wants to play?
Notre Dame wants him at LB
Oregon at TE
Iowa at WR

So its down to Oregon, Notre Dame and Iowa? Does anyone know what postion HE wants to play?
Notre Dame wants him at LB
Oregon at TE
Iowa at WR

I think he wants offense, but from what I heard, he won't be playing offense (well anyway) at the collegiate level. I see him switching to D wherever he ends up.

I think he wants offense, but from what I heard, he won't be playing offense (well anyway) at the collegiate level. I see him switching to D wherever he ends up.

Don't be surprised that Kirk and Co. have seen French on the BB court, and from what they see feel he can play WR. They are REALLY good at evaluating kids, and seeing things others don't.

Don't be surprised that Kirk and Co. have seen French on the BB court, and from what they see feel he can play WR. They are REALLY good at evaluating kids, and seeing things others don't.

I assume you're getting at soft hands? I've not seen him play, but that's been one of the bigger knocks on his ability as a receiver around here. I did find that pretty odd for a kid that was supposedly pretty good at basketball.

Before he selects Iowa, they should put him in a wet paper sack and ask him... "HOW BAD DO YOU WANT TO BE A HAWKEYE?"

I believe that French has been playing injured this season and it has slowed down his production a little bit. The kid is a fantastic athlete and an Army All American. I think he can play any number of positions at the next level. If he develops as a wr in college, he could be a matchup nightmare. Big , athletic, physical wr.

I suspect no matter where he ends up, he red shirts his first year.

He plays an outside linebacker/stand-up d end for Kennedy. He could play that exact same position at ND. On defense he may only be two or three years away from contributing. I'm sure Iowa would find a spot for him in their defense.

About him playing offense, I watched as they tried everything they could think of to get the ball to him at Kennedy, and if they didn't hand it off, he couldn't catch it. The only catches he ever made were screens where he never ran a rout, they just turned and threw it, then he ran. To watch him try to catch a ball while running a rout was kind of like watching a dad throw to a 4-year old. If you want to see his one TD run, just picture Forest Gump. The kid is fast.

If he chooses Iowa he get a shot to see how WR goes.....if it's not working out like any athlete you move to a spot where you can get on the field and contribute.

Christian got the opportunity to play a lot in defensive coverage last night. When North Scott ran the ball, they always seemed to go away from French. A number of times NS went with 4 and 5 wideouts. French lined up and defended one of the wideouts. He may have made the defensive play of the game for the Cougars. With his Cougars holding on to a 6 point lead, in the 4th quarter, French's man ran a fly down the field. Christian ran with him and just as the ball was arriving, he raised up his hand and knocked the ball away. If Christian doesn't hit that ball, it is a touchdown. It was a great play!

French was interviewed by Iowa Sport Connection last night. Said that he hoped to have his decision made next week. It is does to Iowa, Oregon, and Notre Dame.

After the game last night, our 8 year old tried to help the Hawks by telling Christian to choose Iowa!

French was interviewed by Iowa Sport Connection last night. Said that he hoped to have his decision made next week. It is does to Iowa, Oregon, and Notre Dame.

After the game last night, our 8 year old tried to help the Hawks by telling Christian to choose Iowa!

I am calling Iowa. Oregon is hot right now, but that is a very, very long way frome home. His parents would never seem him play. ND is a fine school, but their football program has more problems than can be listed right now. Can't imagine wanting any part of that mess. Thats my analysis.

Christian got the opportunity to play a lot in defensive coverage last night. When North Scott ran the ball, they always seemed to go away from French. A number of times NS went with 4 and 5 wideouts. French lined up and defended one of the wideouts. He may have made the defensive play of the game for the Cougars. With his Cougars holding on to a 6 point lead, in the 4th quarter, French's man ran a fly down the field. Christian ran with him and just as the ball was arriving, he raised up his hand and knocked the ball away. If Christian doesn't hit that ball, it is a touchdown. It was a great play!

I went down to that game too. The play you are referring too was quite the play, it looked like North Scott fooled the Kennedy defense for second with a post over a wheel rout and the corner ran with the post. The wheel on the sideline looked wide open, Christian saw it, made up ground FAST, and played the ball well. I haven't seen another high school kid who could make that play.

When you see those glimpses of his ability, wow. I hope Iowa can find a spot on their defense and figure out a way to bring out that ability full-time.

ESPN just had an update for French in their "On The Trail" recruiting section. Says Iowa, Oregon or ND- which is no real surprise... but it did make me look twice when they stated we're recruiting him as a WR.

Latest posts