SI just laid off most its staff

I still have my SI edition from when Dr. J retired. I wonder if that's worth anything now...

Based on an exhaustive search on eBay, I have concluded that you would have been better off putting the $2.25 cover price into the stock market in the spring of 1987. Yes, you would have suffered a hefty drawdown that October, but had you invested that money 50/50 in Apple and Microsoft your account, off of a $2 initial investment, would be about $5,000 today. Apologies but the back tester tool I used required whole numbers, so I couldn't include the 25 cents.

My proprietary algorithm prices the Dr. J SI issue at about $5. Some copies are listed as low as 99 cents. You, chickenlounge, made a bad deal.

Based on an exhaustive search on eBay, I have concluded that you would have been better off putting the $2.25 cover price into the stock market in the spring of 1987. Yes, you would have suffered a hefty drawdown that October, but had you invested that money 50/50 in Apple and Microsoft your account, off of a $2 initial investment, would be about $5,000 today. Apologies but the back tester tool I used required whole numbers, so I couldn't include the 25 cents.

My proprietary algorithm prices the Dr. J SI issue at about $5. Some copies are listed as low as 99 cents. You, chickenlounge, made a bad deal.
HAHA thanks for that analysis. I appreciate it. You want to buy it for $10?