Should Ramos be ranked #1?

castille

I know alot of posters are wondering if Ramos should be ranked #1 after beating Oliver. I just noticed over the weekend that Stieber from Ohio State lost to Dardanes from Minnesota. Now I know that Ramos lost to Carter but Ramos knocked off the #1 wrestler and defending national champ.:cool:

Carter beat Ramos on OT. Stieber beat Carter 7-1. Stieber loses to an unranked wrestler. Ramos beats the #1 ranked and defending national champ. I find it hard to believe Carter would be ranked #1. Maybe.

No Ramos should not be #1 atleast not until Carter loses again . I also think you'll see Kelly and Gambrall fall down if not out of the rankings, telford and lofthouse will drop out of the top ten as well, although lofthouse may hover around 10 I don't think he'll be in the top 8 as he was in most rankings.

On a side note, that midlands loss could very well haunt ramos, the only real challenge Carter will see curently is Jan 27th against #11 Keller (OK) which should allow him to go into ncaas top seed (debateable i know but stay with me). While if Ramos can remain undefeated through the rest of the big ten regular season and tournament (steiber, dardannes or thorn, quierroga, ) and national duals he would still likely draw a 2 or 3 seed with Oliver drawing the other 2 or 3 seed. Which, if this holds true, means he to will have to go through Oliver just to make finals, and I know "he's gotta see him eventually" but the team point difference in seeing him in the semis and finals is crucial in this team race

No Ramos should not be #1 atleast not until Carter loses again . I also think you'll see Kelly and Gambrall fall down if not out of the rankings, telford and lofthouse will drop out of the top ten as well, although lofthouse may hover around 10 I don't think he'll be in the top 8 as he was in most rankings.

On a side note, that midlands loss could very well haunt ramos, the only real challenge Carter will see curently is Jan 27th against #11 Keller (OK) which should allow him to go into ncaas top seed (debateable i know but stay with me). While if Ramos can remain undefeated through the rest of the big ten regular season and tournament (steiber, dardannes or thorn, quierroga, ) and national duals he would still likely draw a 2 or 3 seed with Oliver drawing the other 2 or 3 seed. Which, if this holds true, means he to will have to go through Oliver just to make finals, and I know "he's gotta see him eventually" but the team point difference in seeing him in the semis and finals is crucial in this team race

With that scenario Ramos would have a much, much better resume than Carter and would get the #1 seed i would think. Ramos would have several quality wins w/ no bad losses and Carter would only have 1 quality win and his loss wasn't even close. But there is a lot that's gonna happen between then and now.

With that scenario Ramos would have a much, much better resume than Carter and would get the #1 seed i would think. Ramos would have several quality wins w/ no bad losses and Carter would only have 1 quality win and his loss wasn't even close. But there is a lot that's gonna happen between then and now.

IF it plays out this way, Ramos would get screwed. Just as McD did last year as he had to go through Precin again. In the end though, Robles' seed was right.

Carter beat Ramos on OT. Stieber beat Carter 7-1. Stieber loses to an unranked wrestler. Ramos beats the #1 ranked and defending national champ. I find it hard to believe Carter would be ranked #1. Maybe.

Yes Dardannes is unranked, but you can pretty much give him Thorn's ranking. He did win the SS and has appeared to over take Thorn in the lineup considering J just burnt his redshirt.

I agree, IF it would happen I would agree with your logic and hope it plays out that way, I just feel that it has happened in the past and it could happen again, the topic got me thinking and it seems the seeding comittee often times only looks at record and if Ramos, Oliver, and Carter all go into nationals with 1 loss each; Ramos would have earned the top seed, that I don't think he will get much to his detriment.

IF it plays out this way, Ramos would get screwed. Just as McD did last year as he had to go through Precin again. In the end though, Robles' seed was right.
It might appear that way, but if McD would've been seeded #1 then Robles might have been knocked off by Precin. You never know.

Toms Rankngs just came out. They have Carter#1 and Ramos#2. Telford stayed the same. Gambrall and Lofthouse both dropped a couple spots. Evans moved up one spot;)

Remember. Iowa and Virginia Tech could meet in the Cliff Keen Division 1 National Duals meet on Feb,12 at Hilton Coliseum in Ames. It will be Iowa,ISU.UNI,OregonST,V.TECH, and WISCONSIN.

What do you think the nat'l duals brackets will look like? I assume Iowa will be the #1 seed in their regional. Who will be #2 and get the first round bye? Oregon State or Virginia Tech?

With their current record how does ISU even qualify for the National Duals?
(Don't remember criteria for team selections)

What do you think the nat'l duals brackets will look like? I assume Iowa will be the #1 seed in their regional. Who will be #2 and get the first round bye? Oregon State or Virginia Tech?

Quick look, used TOMs rankings cause Intermats team rankings are completely useless (to me its a system they use to seem smart by using a "formula" and allows them to avoid ranking the teams )

THE OTHER OTHER OSU- 4-1, 5TH @ SCUFFLE, 3RD @ RENO, TOM #16, only loss is to #6 Missouri, no wins over ranked teams, 5 ranked individuals (141,149,157 197, 285)

VATECH- 3-2, losses to #9 Ohio St and #13 Maryland, TOM #23, 4TH @ MIDLANDS, Didn't bring a full squad to SS,no wins over ranked teams , 3 ranked individuals(133, 141, 165)

I think Oregon State should get the nod and get the bye, but it doesnt matter to much maybe ISU could spring up on one of these teams but odds are they will settle it in the regional semi as the 2 and 3 seeds

But I doubt VA tech wins if they do square off, and thus I don't think Ramos gets his shot, OSU should roll VA TECH

Last edited:

Latest posts