Shooting slumps of marksmen and players under Fran

I think the people who say Iowa's shooting slumps are worse than other teams must only watch iowa play. It makes sense because most teams shoot lights out against us. But truth is, all teams go through slumps.

23 and 6 teams not so much.

It’s really weird. We got posters on here saying he’s average like he’s a dime a dozen. The kid came in last year as a freshman started every game was a 1st Team All Freshman player. This year he’s averaging over 15 in B1G play.

Despite that everyone is focused on his shortcomings or how he might not make the NBA. I’ve pointed out his shortcomings too but I understand how valuable that kid has been to this program.

I think if you did a comparison of what guys have done in their first two years on campus in the Fran era Wieskamp is the leader in the clubhouse. Do people forget he’s a sophomore?

I think the problem for Joe and the same thing happened so the Cook is the high expectations ended up working against him, along with the NBA talk. Joe is an absolute stud

You know you're good when the criticism when you're down is "he won't play in the NBA ".

I think the people who say Iowa's shooting slumps are worse than other teams must only watch iowa play. It makes sense because most teams shoot lights out against us. But truth is, all teams go through slumps.
Yeah you are right, I think just because it's the team I am closest to I think that some times. I have always maintained that I believe Fran's teams and college teams in general take on kind of the persona or personality of the coach. Fran swings hard from one side to the other ..... ya know, he's great and calm and can talk talk talk and be very engaging and then 10 seconds later he's a raving lunatic shouting F bombs etc. Hot and cold. When things go good....boy are they going good, when things go bad, boy are they bad. I've been saying that for 10 years on this site ha.

His shooting mechanics aren’t very good . Kind of herky jerky . A lot of wasted motion . Not fluid at all. Plus he isn’t athletic enough to go around people at this level . At 6’6 he shouldn’t have to do this slow motion bend the knees too much thing .
Yeah but he's also been really successful with it too. I agree it's not a perfect stroke but he had been really good with it till recently. I think he's plenty good enough to dominate college ball. (not the NBA though as you said he's not athletic enough for that step up on top of his shot being what it is)

I think it's just a slump that's been compounded by his confidence having been shaken. It'll start with his head getting put on strait first....

Anyone see that Anthony Cowan (Maryland - 6th leading scorer in the conference) went 0-8 from three last night at Minnesota? :) He was 2-15 from the field overall. That's a senior PG on the leading team in the conference. It happens.

Latest posts