Shaun Prater has started a Twitter account

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
someone forwarded that to me today

The first thing I thought of when I saw it was 'He gone.'

I have no idea if he is or if he isn't...but being a member of the Iowa football program, you know Kirk's disdain for social media...and it makes me wonder if that is a big ole clue that Prater may not be returning.

someone forwarded that to me today

The first thing I thought of when I saw it was 'He gone.'

I have no idea if he is or if he isn't...but being a member of the Iowa football program, you know Kirk's disdain for social media...and it makes me wonder if that is a big ole clue that Prater may not be returning.

Perhaps they are allowed to have an account in the offseason like Sash and DJK did last year. Or perhaps Prater thinks that's the case, but I doubt it.

Yeah I could have sworn DJK and Sash had one in the offseason last year too. Time will tell I guess.

There are several things that could be plausible here:

1. Prater is going Pro?

2. KF allows social accounts in the offseason?

3. Maybe KF is loosening the reins somewhat?(i.e. sometimes the most rebellious kids come from the most strict parents?)

4. Maybe KF will have someone monitor the accounts more closely to possibly keep an eye on his players activities away from the field for any red flags?(i.e. Domique Douglas flashing hundreds)

Whatever the reason, I don't think Prater has given any type of indication what his intentions are from his 9 tweets. We should all know something when the evaluation period concludes, whenever that is?

There are several things that could be plausible here:

1. Prater is going Pro?

2. KF allows social accounts in the offseason?

3. Maybe KF is loosening the reins somewhat?(i.e. sometimes the most rebellious kids come from the most strict parents?)

4. Maybe KF will have someone monitor the accounts more closely to possibly keep an eye on his players activities away from the field for any red flags?(i.e. Domique Douglas flashing hundreds)

Whatever the reason, I don't think Prater has given any type of indication what his intentions are from his 9 tweets. We should all know something when the evaluation period concludes, whenever that is?

I agree with this... KF has begrudgingly admitted that some things are going to have to be allowed to be part of the modern society.

I know that James Morris has one as well so I am not sure that there is a complete ban on social media sites.

iahawk72

ive followed morris since early this year and he has not tweeted in-season...i think Prater is leaving but this has nothing to do with it.

im not sure we should have unsubstantiated rumors like this swirling around this site ;)

I never did quite understand the whole concept of not allowing rumors on a message board. That's typically what message boards are for in addition to the general discussion. Some on this board treat it like this is the Associated Press and require citations for everything. I think most people are intelligent enough to filter the good information from the bad. Plus, it's not like people are running around town saying it's been confirmed that player X is off the team because poster Y's half-brother confirmed it on Hawkeyenation. That's not a credible source because it's from a message board anyway. I guess I would rather have a heads up and learn some information earlier even if a fraction of it turns out to be false. Take the John Edwards affair for example. National Enquirer was the only media source that investigated that and brought it to the surface. They are not known to be the most accurate media source, but if they hadn't reported on that incident, it may have gone unnoticed. The Adam Robinson issue was another good example. The poster was ripped on for sharing news which turned out to be accurate and he scooped the Iowa media in the process.

Sash has had his reactivated for a month now. I think Kirk either lightens up in the offseason, or lets players that haven't been problems out of the "ban" early. Sort of early release for good behavior. I wouldn't say it's indicitive of Prater's decision on the NFL.

I don't think he'll leave. Not a smart move if he does. He doesn't have NEAR the hype that Spievey had. He was picked on quite a bit actually.

Latest posts