Shaun Prater: First Round draft pick?

I don't see it, Prater acts like he is scared of contact right now and won't use his arms to wrap up a tackle. He just ducks his head and dives into the legs of a ball carrier and that could be a big problem for him if he doesn't get that corrected.

You missed this:

28. Detroit Lions. Riley Reiff*, OT, Iowa
Their undefeated start is even more impressive when you consider they lack high-end tackles. They grab Reiff, who is a premier athlete.

Also, no I don't think Prater is 1st round material. And this must be only Seniors? Where is LaMichael James at?

You missed this:

Their undefeated start is even more impressive when you consider they lack high-end tackles. They grab Reiff, who is a premier athlete.

Also, no I don't think Prater is 1st round material. And this must be only Seniors? Where is LaMichael James at?

Not all Seniors, which is why Reiff is included.

You missed this:

Wouldn't completely shock me if he didn't go in the first round.

Dont think so. He seems like he is getting beat a lot this year. The more important question i have is does Hyde leave early?

Reiff has the hype as a first rounder. Prater, 4th or later

I think Hyde will stay the same way McNutt did last year

Absolutely NOT. Shoot, I can see Hyde possibly going in the draft but I don't think Prater is even draft worthy yet. He's been beat BAD several times this year.

I don't see it, Prater acts like he is scared of contact right now and won't use his arms to wrap up a tackle. He just ducks his head and dives into the legs of a ball carrier and that could be a big problem for him if he doesn't get that corrected.

Sash did that a lot last year he even completely whiffed on a few occasions. My criticism of Prater is that he has been caught in no man's land at least once or twice a game this year giving up a big play. At first I thought it was him adjusting to new safeties and they were late getting over, but it is not that. I am not sure what it is.....he is just taken more chances, instincts are wrong....I dunno.

I do not who the top rated CB(s) are, LSU seems like they are 10 deep with NFL CB(s). I do not see a Patrick Petersen in this draft, but I could be wrong on this. I see a bunch of guys that are the same coming out.

As for Hyde I just do not see it, but Hyde coming out early is picking up steam so maybe I am wrong on this.

Prater isn't as good as Bradley Fletcher or even close to as good as Amari Speivey. No he's not a first rounder. Will he be drafted and a good pro down the road I think so yea.

He's a second or third rounder at safety, not an nfl corner, doesn't have the jets. He is physical enough to play safety at the next level. He's gotten a bad rap this year, he's been a very good tackler during his career and is very physical. Didn't hear Urban Meyers comments the other day, sounded like he was dogging him some, can't speak intelligently on that but I can say, that the assertions that were ascribed to Meyers, don't fit what i've seen from Prater through his whole body of work at Iowa. Prater is way better than Fletcher, that's crazy talk. Fletcher may be a better cover corner, but he's not a better Defensive Back, and in Iowa system I'd take Prater over Fletcher anyday. Spievey is one of the best corners we've ever had, so yeah putting Prater in that league, he's not. But again, spievey was a legit corner, Prater is much more suited to play Safety at the next level.

He's a second or third rounder at safety, not an nfl corner, doesn't have the jets. He is physical enough to play safety at the next level. He's gotten a bad rap this year, he's been a very good tackler during his career and is very physical. Didn't hear Urban Meyers comments the other day, sounded like he was dogging him some, can't speak intelligently on that but I can say, that the assertions that were ascribed to Meyers, don't fit what i've seen from Prater through his whole body of work at Iowa. Prater is way better than Fletcher, that's crazy talk. Fletcher may be a better cover corner, but he's not a better Defensive Back, and in Iowa system I'd take Prater over Fletcher anyday. Spievey is one of the best corners we've ever had, so yeah putting Prater in that league, he's not. But again, spievey was a legit corner, Prater is much more suited to play Safety at the next level.

Fletcher's senior season, he played great ball. Was a lockdown corner for us... Prater is playing no where near the level Fletcher did as a senior, go watch the tape. Many 3rd and longs and deep balls have gotten by Prater already this year, sometimes he seems to be a sleep at the wheel. Hope he gets it fixed for the rest of the season and ends up a high draft pick.

Fletcher's senior season, he played great ball. Was a lockdown corner for us... Prater is playing no where near the level Fletcher did as a senior, go watch the tape. Many 3rd and longs and deep balls have gotten by Prater already this year, sometimes he seems to be a sleep at the wheel. Hope he gets it fixed for the rest of the season and ends up a high draft pick.

I guess my retort will be to your post to go reread mine since it sounds like your arguing something with me that I never argued my self. And since I confuse myself enough already, you're just confusing me more. Uh I said Fletcher is a better corner, and my arguments for Prater were with his body of work not this season.

I'm sorry but if Rieff and Prater go in the first round, then this has to be the weakest draft in the history of the NFL. No offense to them but they have not played anywhere close to first round potential.

Absolutely NOT. Shoot, I can see Hyde possibly going in the draft but I don't think Prater is even draft worthy yet. He's been beat BAD several times this year.

It's been more that the safty help had not been there this year. Not that he had been beat. He had not played as well as I was hoping this year, but neither has the defense as a whole.

It's been more that the safty help had not been there this year. Not that he had been beat. He had not played as well as I was hoping this year, but neither has the defense as a whole.

That is not true on many/most of the occasions. once or twice it has been the safety, but most of the time it is Prater not being very Norm like.

Latest posts