Seth Wallace's "New" Recruiting Tactics

Even with the new facilities we are maybe #5 at best in the Big Ten in OVERALL football facilities. Still behind in basketball and baseball as well in terms of facilities. Need upgrades everywhere to keep up.

So... this means you'll be writing a large check on Monday so Barta can get the upgrades you want in the works, right? Or did you just want to B*tch about it? Yeah... that's what I thought.

Even with the new facilities we are maybe #5 at best in the Big Ten in OVERALL football facilities. Still behind in basketball and baseball as well in terms of facilities. Need upgrades everywhere to keep up.

What, in the blue hell, are you talking about. We may have been late to the party, but barring a few elites nationally, those football facilities are about as good as it gets.

Jeebus man, things are not great and we need to see some improvement on the field, but come on.

You know how we know you're either a troll or just a miserable s.o.b? Because you just posted ^^^^^ that. Absolutely insanity.

I listened to that podcast referenced above today and really enjoyed it. I am a VIP at 247 and although I am not as fired up about following recruiting as some others, it is fun to dabble in it. We would likely be wise to base at least some of our opinions on Andrew Kuhla's conclusions about the level of Iowa's football recruits. That is, after all, what he does for a living and he will be clear with you that he is NOT an Iowa fan, but rather an analyst. He is also really good at X's and O's, which is my favorite topic on the site.

A comment and question, though this may have been addressed before: When I was a young guy and grad student in Iowa City, the term "spearchucker" was the same as using the "N" word. This guy who posts under that handle...why has his label not been removed from the site?

If his screen name isn't offensive, not sure what is. Hell, I actually threw javelin and discus in college, and I wouldn't even joke with something like that.

If his screen name isn't offensive, not sure what is. Hell, I actually threw javelin and discus in college, and I wouldn't even joke with something like that.

One thing is for sure, dude is a big time Troll. I mean you don't pick that screen name, and post like he posts if you aren't trolling.

That's exactly what we have.....ALL mediocre recruits. Just because a recruits commits to us doesn't mean it's a great thing. Not a single one of our commits right now would be offered by Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan State, Nebraska. We are taking the recruits that Kansas, Colorado, and ISU settles for. That's why our recruiting ranking is in the 50's every. single. year.

That has pretty much been the case every year under Fry & Ferentz. It is amazing what Hayden & Kirk have done considering Iowa has & always will have one of the worst in-state talent bases in the B1G. Year in and year out the only state that produces worse in-state talent is Nebraska.

If we wind up with a top 40 recruiting calls for '16 and then get 7 or less wins in '15, do you keep kfootball as coach? Keep in mind that these '16 kids most likely won't see the field (a majority, anyway by past history) until '18 and the earliest. kfootball's contract is up at the end of '19.
I think if KF wins 7 again he's staying regardless of how I feel. If he wins 6 or less, then there is a chance he's gone, and regardless of this new recruiting energy, I will want him gone. With this schedule we better win 7, but I know there is a very real possibility it could be a long year. As I've said many times, I hope KF proves me wrong and I will be cheering for the Hawks to win every game.

If we wind up with a top 40 recruiting calls for '16 and then get 7 or less wins in '15, do you keep kfootball as coach? Keep in mind that these '16 kids most likely won't see the field (a majority, anyway by past history) until '18 and the earliest. kfootball's contract is up at the end of '19.

Since we're playing the hypothetical game... What if we end until with a top 40 class AND win 9+ games (which IMO is very realistic). Then KirFer gets to stay and see his recruits come into the system. Also a good chance the '16 class turns out pretty darn good too. I mean, I'm just saying... Since we're paying the hypothetical game.

Still playing the hypothetical game... Using what ifs that are likely to happen and not pie in the sky notions. What if coaching stays the same?

Since we're playing the hypothetical game... What if we end until with a top 40 class AND win 9+ games (which IMO is very realistic). Then KirFer gets to stay and see his recruits come into the system. Also a good chance the '16 class turns out pretty darn good too. I mean, I'm just saying... Since we're paying the hypothetical game.

Better buy some hubba bubba stock if that scenario comes to light.

nge73.jpg

Last time I checked, watching tape was more important than looking at stars. And from most of the recruits we've gotten lately, they've been pretty damn impressive on tape.

Sure, stars are really good "feel good" ratings and visualizations.. but I'm excited for the new guys we have coming in.

Latest posts