Seriously: Time to Drop Iowa State

I think thats your opinion, which is fine.

However, I would say MSU, Wisconsin, PSU and Ohio State all had more buzz than the ISU game.

Maybe you personally enjoy it, thats ok, but I think you're kidding yourself if you think the majority of Iowa fans love the ISU game.

I don't want ISU to be our big non conference game, we need to play a quality team. (and I know ISU fans will take that personally, but its not meant to be)

I agree and said that Wisky, PSU, OSU and MSU ranked higher. But MSU was a one-year outlier, most years ISU will be a bigger deal than the MSU game. ISU will rank behind Michigan, OSU, PSU, Wisky, and Nebraska. But ahead of Minny, Illinois, NW, Indiana, Purdue and MSU.

I didn't say a "majority of the Iowa fans love the ISU game". A majority of the Iowa fans claim to hate it and they should drop it from the schedule, but then show up in greater numbers and earlier in the day to tailgate for the ISU game than pretty much every non-conference game and 40% of the conference games. They are more excited during the game and there is more electricity in the air.

By all means, continue to state you don't care about the game. And it'll be lots of fun to see them replaced on the schedule by Bowling Green.

First off, not all Cyclone fans are trolls. I felt like my post in this thread was pretty rationale.

Secondly, there are plenty of Hawk fans who are trolls on CF.

Lastly, don't try to blame ISU fans for your programs disciplinary problems. Low income housing, rape, drugs, cab drivers, shattered jaws. Have some self accountability as a fan base. Somewhere in the U of I football program there is a breakdown in teaching kids what is right, and what is wrong. ISU fans are not that breakdown.

Cab driver, not cab drivers, moron.

If you use a five or six year time line for any program, you can nit pick little incidents.

I would say the "breakdown" isn't all you're making it up to be.

but then show up in greater numbers and earlier in the day to tailgate for the ISU game than pretty much every non-conference game and 40% of the conference games. They are more excited during the game and there is more electricity in the air.

What proof of that do you have?

Just admit you like the game, and want to keep it, rather than making up garbage like you are. 40%? So is that from the survey you did? :rolleyes:

I went to every game this year, and the ISU game didn't have any extra "electricity" around it. Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ohio State and Penn State atmospheres were completely different from ISU.

Part of the reason being those games actually matter, where the ISU game is a conference game vs an average at best opponent.

The game doesn't benefit Iowa at all. We need a good non conference team to prepare us for the Big Ten schedule.

Last edited:
Chosen children, the problems at U of I this week have had almost nothing to do with ISU. Get a grip, seriously.

I saw tons of idiot Hawkeye fans posting BS rumors, don't be ridiculous.

Cyclone 17 does seem to live on this board. He has more posts than I do and he is a Cyclone. Weird......

On the other hand I have Zero posts on Cyclone fanatic.

Yeah, a couple cyclone fans on here have more posts than alot of us. Doesn't make sense.

I have some posts on cyclone fanatic but am "posing" as a cyclone fan while taking jabs at them without anyone smart enough realizing it. Pretty funny. (shh, don't tell anyone.) If you try and go on their as a Hawkeye fan you will eventually get booted.

First off, not all Cyclone fans are trolls. I felt like my post in this thread was pretty rationale.

Secondly, there are plenty of Hawk fans who are trolls on CF.

Lastly, don't try to blame ISU fans for your programs disciplinary problems. Low income housing, rape, drugs, cab drivers, shattered jaws. Have some self accountability as a fan base. Somewhere in the U of I football program there is a breakdown in teaching kids what is right, and what is wrong. ISU fans are not that breakdown.

No, not all Cyclone fans are trolls. I never said they were but most of them that post on this board are INDEED trolls. You, yourself are a troll. Why are you here? Seriously? Why would you post on this board?

Iowa doesn't have a discipline problem, you asss-hat. Iowa's discipline problem is a figment of Hawkeye-hater's imaginations. You can find these same problems at EVERY D-I program. Hell, you can find them on any college campus. There is a lot of truth to what Chosen Children is saying. The push-back, inflammatory rhetoric spewed by people like you, who abhor anything to do with Iowa football, simply fans the flames and makes mountains out of mole-hills. You are the first people to bring up the "arrest count", even though the vast majority of "arrests" are simply citations. Why don't we list speeding tickets too. Better yet, why don't you go steal a credit card.

Low income housing? This is an ongoing issue? How many years ago did this happen? Did we kick your Mom out of her section 8 apartment? Is that why you're so bitter?
Rape? A sexual assault on a college campus 2 years ago? This is an ongoing issue how? I'm sure Iowa is the ONLY school to have a SA!!
Drugs? One player arrested for drugs in the last however many years is an issue how? I'm sure nobody does drugs at ISU. (what was the CB's name who was suspended and unsuspended in 48 hours?)
A cab driver getting jacked because he used a racial slur indicates ongoing issues how?
Shattered jaws.....let me guess? Is this in reference to a bar fight from 6 years ago with Antwaan Allen? You're really reaching and undoubtedly pathetic.

What proof do I have?

I have helped organize the football parking at Horn Elementary in Iowa City for the last 3 seasons. Our biggest money maker in 2008 was ISU. Our biggest money maker in 2010 was ISU. The only game in the three years that beat either of those games was Michigan 2009.

Obviously other factors are involved (date of game, weather, team record), but I can't ignore the facts at hand.

What does an extra conference game mean the series should stop??? We play 8 conference games and 2 BCS non-conference games every year now and have for as long as I can remember. That's 10 BCS games. What's going to stop is the Pitt/Arizona/Syracuse/ASU type home and home series. We play 9 conference games and ISU and that's 10 BCS games same as we always have done. We're not going to leave the state of Iowa until the big ten season starts. I think this is one of those careful what you wish for type things for Hawk fans. We stop playing them in football and we probably going to split with us or even win more in basketball. Your going to hear about basketball all the time. We point to our football program and their just going to say we're to chicken to play them. A few years of this and all these Iowa fans begging for it to end are going to be begging to start it back up.

As an ISU fan, I enjoy the rivalry, as do pretty much all of my Hawk friends. From what I've heard, different parts of the state view the rivalry in different ways. I live in central Iowa, where the percentage of fans on either side is closer to 50/50 than it is in Eastern Iowa, so I think that may be a factor in my personal experience.

I really think the best scenario for ISU would be to drop Iowa and replace them with UNI at home every year. UNI is a program we should beat the majority of the time and we always have a full house (or very close) when they come to town.

I would hate to lose the game, but where ISU is as a program, facing a tougher conference schedule in the future, getting as many wins to become bowl eligible as possible should be the current goal. No more top 25 teams should be on the non-con schedule.

Hopefully Rhoads can take ISU to a higher level consistently. If so, my opinion on this would most likely change.

No, not all Cyclone fans are trolls. I never said they were but most of them that post on this board are INDEED trolls. You, yourself are a troll. Why are you here? Seriously? Why would you post on this board?

Iowa doesn't have a discipline problem, you asss-hat. Iowa's discipline problem is a figment of Hawkeye-hater's imaginations. You can find these same problems at EVERY D-I program. Hell, you can find them on any college campus. There is a lot of truth to what Chosen Children is saying. The push-back, inflammatory rhetoric spewed by people like you, who abhor anything to do with Iowa football, simply fans the flames and makes mountains out of mole-hills. You are the first people to bring up the "arrest count", even though the vast majority of "arrests" are simply citations. Why don't we list speeding tickets too. Better yet, why don't you go steal a credit card.

Low income housing? This is an ongoing issue? How many years ago did this happen? Did we kick your Mom out of her section 8 apartment? Is that why you're so bitter?
Rape? A sexual assault on a college campus 2 years ago? This is an ongoing issue how? I'm sure Iowa is the ONLY school to have a SA!!
Drugs? One player arrested for drugs in the last however many years is an issue how? I'm sure nobody does drugs at ISU. (what was the CB's name who was suspended and unsuspended in 48 hours?)
A cab driver getting jacked because he used a racial slur indicates ongoing issues how?
Shattered jaws.....let me guess? Is this in reference to a bar fight from 6 years ago with Antwaan Allen? You're really reaching and undoubtedly pathetic.

I used to be an Iowa fan, but its because of people like you that I converted to being an ISU fan.

I see that there can be no rationale conversation from this thread, as my original post here intended.

I actually enjoy the rivalry on the field. Can't say I enjoy the ******* matches between the fanbases, but I have a lot of friends that are ISU fans, and it's fun to razz them when Iowa wins. Lord knows that I received a TON of crap from 98 - 02. That really sucked. :)

As long as the BCS stays around, Iowa really needs to switch to playing 3 easy victory teams at home. ISU has been considered an easy victory lately, but I would only advise keeping them if the Hawks played them every year at home. (which won't happen)

If you play a ranked team or good team on your non conference schedule, you better hope you beat them because it will help your BCS ranking when they come out. If you lose, that could cost you your season.

I used to be an Iowa fan, but its because of people like you that I converted to being an ISU fan.

I see that there can be no rationale conversation from this thread, as my original post here intended.

Why are you and your 35 posts here again? You didn't answer that part. The timing seems rather interesting. Beat it, Troll.

Last edited:

I've never heard of anyone converting from an Iowa fan to an ISU fan or an ISU fan to an Iowa fan. Have you been on Cyclone Fanatic? that is the only reason why I could see an ISU fan switching to an Iowa fan because of that website. This website is NOTHING compared to what goes on there.

Are you guys kidding!!!! The Iowa/Iowa State game is not for the benefit of either school. Its for the people of Iowa. Even if you are not a football fan, the one game you watch is this annual rivalry. It makes no difference if one school has a big edge in games won or lost. Its great for the state and the fans of both schools. If there was a movement to discontinue the series the legislature would probably step in and force the game to be played. My family is split between the two schools and the week before the game is probably the most fun of the year. Don't ever let it end.

Latest posts