Seriously...time for JoePa to retire?

So...after their latest loss...any of you changing your minds if he should go or not?

So...after their latest loss...any of you changing your minds if he should go or not?

I have a good friend who is a PSU alum. She won't give voice to it in graphic terms, but she'll nibble around the edges that she thinks it's well past time that JoePa heads out to pasture. I think a lot of the core PSU faithful are living this dilemma - how do you bag on the living legend? Even if he needs to be bagged on.
I just hope we never face this sort of thing with KF. It was very hard on some of us old-time Hawkeyes to face the grim reality of the final Hayden years. That hurt. Bad. :(

j
Thank you for providing futher evidence that JoePa no longer calls the shots.

You're right. Zero freshmen starting QB's in 40+ years of Paterno at the helm is evidence that he has zero input as to who sees the field.

What color is the sky in your world?

How about this, since you ignored it the first time - do you really think any Penn State recruit gets a scholly until JoePa signs off on it?

Last edited:
j

You're right. Zero freshmen starting QB's in 40+ years of Paterno at the helm is evidence that he has zero input as to who sees the field.

What color is the sky in your world?

How about this, since you ignored it the first time - do you really think any Penn State recruit gets a scholly until JoePa signs off on it?

I'm pretty sure the head coach has to sign a piece of paper or something like that to finalize an incoming scholarhship.... administrative tasks you know. Does he decide what recruits are going to get offers and not get offers? Doubtful.

For the record it's a nice blue sky this afternoon in beautiful downtown Iowa City. Partly cloudy.

I'm pretty sure the head coach has to sign a piece of paper or something like that to finalize an incoming scholarhship.... administrative tasks you know. Does he decide what recruits are going to get offers and not get offers? Doubtful.

For the record it's a nice blue sky this afternoon in beautiful downtown Iowa City. Partly cloudy.

That doesn't sound like an important part of the process to you? I'm guessing that's how it works at a majority of the successful programs around the country. Assistants do the legwork, report back to their superiors, and those superiors make their best decision based on the available information.

I'm guessing that's even how it works in Iowa City, but I would guess you'd never describe Kirk Ferentz as an administrator.

That doesn't sound like an important part of the process to you? I'm guessing that's how it works at a majority of the successful programs around the country. Assistants do the legwork, report back to their superiors, and those superiors make their best decision based on the available information.

I'm guessing that's even how it works in Iowa City, but I would guess you'd never describe Kirk Ferentz as an administrator.

Man that's a lot of guessing.

Latest posts