Serious question.. How can you support Ferentz?

Same posts by the same posters. I thnk we all know where everyone stands.

We have the "He has accomplished a lot" Crowd. And he has. But you cant live in the past.

We have the "who are you going to hire?" Crowd. Change is scary. But sometimes you gotta take a chance. We did on KF.

We have the "We cant compete with the Ala and OSU types. Be happy with what we are" crowd. I really dislike this one. It undersells Iowa. We can compete. If we recruited better. Which we should be able too. We are one of the best programs in the nation. And I have to thank KF and Barte for this. Even though I would like both to be gone.

We have the "7 wins is crap" Crowd. Im here. I think we should win 10 games a year. Weak schedule. And good run offense and defense. Those are the ingredients for winning 10 games with our schedule.

These ar the basics. But most fit in here.

We are stuck. Like it or not, get ready for an average of 7 wins a season for the next decade.

Go Hawks!

No we're not. Sounds like something a Shucker fan woud say. I wish we were, but wishing gets you nothing.

Yes, you are right. In results we are not.

BUT.....

We have a top 20 revenue producing athletic department. We have one of the best practice facilities. We have one of the best staiums. We have one of the best fan base. We have a weak media that allows the program to do whatever it wants. We have an AD that will hand over money like candy. We have one the most iconic logos in football.

In those terms we are a destination program for most coaches. There is no reason a coach cannot get recruits here
unless they dont want to or are to lazy.

There are so many positives with htis University program. There is no reason that we dont outshine Wisconsin. .

The problem is our current AD was oh so quick to hand out the long-term extension, making it a certainty that no change will happen for a long time in Iowa City. The contract buy-out terms are far too expensive, even for Iowa.
Ferentz got what amounts to lifetime tenure via his latest extension in a job where he should HAVE TO PERFORM to keep said job.
He should have got a 3-yr deal, tops...Barta is an idiot.

Latest posts